+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10181920

Thread: uSerenity settings with description

Activity Longevity
    11/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    4/5 ssss39385
    Well, I'm not sure I understand your problem now. The built-in DHT patch in that version of Serenity works fine for all newly-added torrents, and the mod I posted before was able to unlock DHT for pre-existing ones. Neither of them modify the .torrent files, so the info_hash shouldn't change.

For the record, does the attached mod do what you want? (It's the official uTorrent 2.0.4 build 22150 with all private flag checks bypassed and nothing else)
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."
    Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
    Thanks

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by anon View Post
    For the record, does the attached mod do what you want? (It's the official uTorrent 2.0.4 build 22150 with all private flag checks bypassed and nothing else)
    I tried to be precise to include as much info that you may need for this. Maybe you could take a look sometime when you have time, excuse the long read I hope everything is covered.

Quick recap (not all) Need DHT enable for public torrents taht that are not private site torrents. For public torrents that have DHT disabled that serenity can enable with serenity setting and serenity uT. So able to add public tracker torrents and they will be DHT enabled (if possible to do).

Not change the torrent as that would make them useless as they cannot be changed for the hash will change. But to do so if possible with serenity uT. For public open tracker torrents from TPB and many other similar open public tracker torrent sites.

I will always and do always remove manually all tracker from them and need to have them DHT enabled. They will connect when people add those torrents to their client with the trackers will then be available through DHT also. Enable DHT For people like myself that don't trust public trackers and prefer to use only DHT. Same reason for using magnets, I also strip tracker of those before adding to uT.

I had tried with your build no connections noted and no torrents got any seeders or any peers. I did add some torrents that in another client have seeders and peers and added to ut serenity with DHT disabled on adding them they also could not connect. The DHT: nodes did increase but no torrents connected to anything all 'Help 'Show Stastictics' low connection remained zero left running for more than one hour to test.

------

OT: Also is there an explanation why when there are no seeders on any other torrent with DHT enabled I see this seeders 1(0) peers (2) when look at the peers tab I see one entry with 0% data. Maybe a bug with uT I would have thought that would be seeders (0) peers 1(2). Is that still the same with newer uTs also. A bug or for a reason do you know.

Modern uT versions I read have enabled up to 1000 DHT nodes or more the older ones don't have no where as near. Anything you could do to update that so there are more DHT to connect through.

Also a way to instruct how often DHT can connect 20 minutes is crazy maybe design for ISP or low bandwidth back then maybe still same with today's uT. I often think a control so we can increase DHT nodes to max and a control for how often DHT will update automatically such as maybe MIN every 5 minutes.

Was the write cache problem a simple fix that can be resolved or did they have to rewrite it to cure and cannot be added. No big but if possible.

Hole punching if can be done with your settings would be helpful when needed. I think that is what is needed sometimes to wake other clients that only DHT update 20 minutes or more. Or maybe it is something else just to speed up connecting to others through DHT faster. That is the ability to see and connect to each other better and quicker. Maybe hole punching is the word or maybe it isn't !

Ok I'm doing it again writing to much. OK so most of this is OT hope it gives gives you ideas for this client version and others that you maintain. And maybe know the answers to any of the questions.

Activity Longevity
    11/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    4/5 ssss39385
    I did read your other post several times, but I still can't understand why the mod I posted doesn't fulfill your needs. As far as clients are concerned, there is no difference between a private torrent and one from a public tracker with the private flag set.

The node count shown in the status bar is largely cosmetical and has no effect on reachability, so don't pay much attention to it.
    Thanks

Unregistered
    I did read your other post several times, but I still can't understand why the mod I posted doesn't fulfill your needs. As far as clients are concerned, there is no difference between a private torrent and one from a public tracker with the private flag set.

The node count shown in the status bar is largely cosmetical and has no effect on reachability, so don't pay much attention to it.
    Thanks for node explanation it just cosmetic not real data.

As a test if you select a current today scene tv torrent one with many seeders and peers. Add it to serenity turning off DHT, PEX and local Discovery (so all are disabled). With magnet URL doing the same in serenity before starting the magnet. No trackers set in the torrent for either.

Tested it was the only torrent in serenity for testing. But have tested over several very active scene torrents.

Note it will not connect to anything looking at the Help > Show Statistics lower panel for connections.

Neither will the Trackers Tab populate with any seeders or Peers

The General Tab also shows no throughput or bandwidth the torrent has.

This torrent was disabled manually but serenity should be still enabling it for DHT, PEX. If you do get this to work as it should so it does connect and do as a normal DHT and PEX enabled torrent would do. Can I suggest we have control of the DHT, PEX and also LPD.

LPD I only need only when I have a need to rebuild torrent using Torrent Merge from many local data sources.

This would give us more control which we like to have enabled and disabled for better control, when this works.

Tested also with as private torrent in serentity Preference > BitTorrent with [utp] and UDP tracker selected and with out UDP tracker selected.

Also tested with all in the the above (LPD and LLPB not selected)

Activity Longevity
    11/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    4/5 ssss39385
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    As a test if you select a current today scene tv torrent one with many seeders and peers. Add it to serenity turning off DHT, PEX and local Discovery (so all are disabled). With magnet URL doing the same in serenity before starting the magnet. No trackers set in the torrent for either.

Tested it was the only torrent in serenity for testing. But have tested over several very active scene torrents.

Note it will not connect to anything looking at the Help > Show Statistics lower panel for connections.

Neither will the Trackers Tab populate with any seeders or Peers

The General Tab also shows no throughput or bandwidth the torrent has.
    Well, of course. The patch doesn't work that way, it doesn't force the usage of DHT, PEX and LPD at all times no matter what, it only gives you the choice of whether to enable them or not. You need to keep those features enabled on yours torrents if you want them to download (furthermore, DHT must be enabled globally for it to be available individually).
    Thanks

Unregistered
    Well, of course. The patch doesn't work that way, it doesn't force the usage of DHT, PEX and LPD at all times no matter what, it only gives you the choice of whether to enable them or not. You need to keep those features enabled on yours torrents if you want them to download (furthermore, DHT must be enabled globally for it to be available individually).
    I agree serenity needs to have DHT and PEX enabled for them to work.

I do understand the reasons for patched serenity for the many private that allow no DHT or PEX a possible ban if caught using them.

There are thousands of torrents that have disabled DHT and PEX. It is very much needed for a way to enable these torrents, not by the torrent itself as above cannot be done. But somehow with software such as serenity that can ignore the torrent private bit so they are always DHT enabled. Also the same for PEX would help also since both we can use to connect to peers and seeders for data.

If you can take a further look to see if this can be made possible. With using the test method in the previous post to verify it works.

Everyone has torrents in clients that are unable to connect many don't know they are there just waiting for data. Serenity could be the torrent client everyone has been waiting for to bring those torrents alive to get the data everyone need. Why use limited clients when serenity can get new and older torrents as long as the data is shared. Imagine also all those older hard to find data suddenly be available again and so for many years to come with using serenity to get and seed the data.

I hope you can make this possible for us all now and everyone in the future that will be using serenity.

7. Who Said Thanks:

(28.10.22)

Unregistered
    Edit (additional)

'' I do understand the reasons for patched serenity for the many private SITES that allow no DHT or PEX a possible ban if caught using them. ''

We need this solution to bring back and keep alive all the older and maybe newer disabled DHT, PEX Public torrents. Such as all the older scene torrents which are available on many public trackers only.

I hope you can help by making this a feature with serenity.

Activity Longevity
    11/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    4/5 ssss39385
    If you want Serenity to find peers that are seeding those torrents but don't use a mod and thus don't serve them through DHT or PEX, I'm afraid that's not possible. The only way would be to somehow find their IPs and ports and add them manually.
    Thanks

Unregistered
    If you want Serenity to find peers that are seeding those torrents but don't use a mod and thus don't serve them through DHT or PEX, I'm afraid that's not possible. The only way would be to somehow find their IPs and ports and add them manually.
    Well no to do this need some sort of patch in serenity or serenity settings.

A patch that serenity has to enable for torrents that have no DHT and PEX enabled a way to enable those so they do have them enabled. Would need a patch since the torrent cannot be a valid usable torrent if it was edited to do the same as the hash would change.

My thinking that software serenity could invoke this change override the disabled torrent DHT and PEX to enable them while keeping the torrent and hash valid. Simple as ABC to understand really. Would only need someone that could understand how to so able to implement it.

I asked since you have done similar by enabling DHT and PEX so the private sites cannot see they are been used. That said many private sites torrents now I see have no DHT or PEX enabled so the above I ask would need to be done sooner or later.

Unregistered
    Well no to do this need some sort of patch in serenity or serenity settings.

A patch that serenity has to enable for torrents that have no DHT and PEX enabled a way to enable those so they do have them enabled. Would need a patch since the torrent cannot be a valid usable torrent if it was edited to do the same as the hash would change.

My thinking that software serenity could invoke this change override the disabled torrent DHT and PEX to enable them while keeping the torrent and hash valid. Simple as ABC to understand really. Would only need someone that could understand how to so able to implement it.

I asked since you have done similar by enabling DHT and PEX so the private sites cannot see they are been used. That said many private sites torrents now I see have no DHT or PEX enabled so the above I ask would need to be done sooner or later.

Update additional:

In that the torrents themselves have DHT and PEX disabled. That now the private sites have disabled your DHT and PEX serenity enabler.

Now they are in the same way disabled as the public scene torrents I would like to see serenity somehow activate or make the DHT and PEX enabled using code in serenity.

Activity Longevity
    0/20 17/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss156
    I mainly use userenity for downloading with settings suggested here (works like a charm).

Lately though I thought about uploading stuff + faking speeds. I just want to know what should I tick if I want to upload the real files I have (pose as uploader) and fake upload speeds. I want the people to really download from me.

I'm aware private trackers are not OK with DHT enabled. In that case should I untick dht patch if I'm hoing to upload my files choosing Fake Upload option ?

Maybe userenity is not the right thing for such a job and I should only concentrate on VEM ?
    Last edited by fakeup; 20.05.19 at 20:50.
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    11/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    4/5 ssss39385
    Quote Originally Posted by fakeup View Post
    Lately though I thought about uploading stuff + faking speeds. I just want to know what should I tick if I want to upload the real files I have (pose as uploader) and fake upload speeds. I want the people to really download from me.
    "FakeUpload", of course - and optionally, "add your real upload to fakeuploaded". Since you're going to upload for real, the upload multiplier setting may also be worth considering (but not both).

I'm aware private trackers are not OK with DHT enabled. In that case should I untick dht patch if I'm hoing to upload my files choosing Fake Upload option ?
    I have already explained all the implications of the DHT patch in your other thread Keep it disabled for private sites.

Maybe userenity is not the right thing for such a job and I should only concentrate on VEM ?
    Extreme Mod has more features, but if you only need fake upload and are already familiar with uTorrent 2.x, this is more than enough.
    Thanks

14. Who Said Thanks:

fakeup (25.05.19)

P2P Client
    Utorrent
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 17/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss218
    Is there an alternative to this nowadays?
    Been using it for yrs but suddenly it stopped working with the tracker I was using it on

Also, would be a great bonus if the alternative works on linux
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    11/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    4/5 ssss39385
    If you use the search engine, you'll find a very relevant and thorough post I wrote recently.
    Thanks

+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10181920