Poll: which staff are best?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Which Staff Are The Best?

Activity Longevity
    0/20 16/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss15
    I personally find the What.cd staff to be a rather good one, without a good staff, the site wouldn't be in the place that it is now. They seem to be getting a lot of unnecessary hate on these forums, simply, for being What.cd staff, not for their post quality or personally, but simply for being authority(The police force being a perfect example of this kind of hate) Many of the ones I have seen here are actually very polite and from what I have seen, pretty cool guys. They just get hated on for having the opposite view of most of the people who frequent this site. They talk in a very polite and very respectful tone, but no matter how civil they are, they get hated on for being a part of a tracker staff someone might have gotten banned from, bad experience ect...
    Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
    Thanks

2. Who Said Thanks:

jowa (11.08.10)

Activity Longevity
    5/20 17/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss6661
    Quote Originally Posted by jacksbi View Post
    most of the voters are what.cd staff.
    3 of them are from staffers

Quote Originally Posted by Rokter View Post
    I personally find the What.cd staff to be a rather good one, without a good staff, the site wouldn't be in the place that it is now.
    it's because of its content and that is because of the number of members

They seem to be getting a lot of unnecessary hate on these forums, simply, for being What.cd staff, not for their post quality or personally, but simply for being authority
    no, there were some good examples of what they did. you might wanna read the 2 threads completely.

(The police force being a perfect example of this kind of hate)
    well, they are neither the police nor any sort of similar organisation but sometimes i have the feeling they'd like that

Many of the ones I have seen here are actually very polite and from what I have seen, pretty cool guys. They just get hated on for having the opposite view of most of the people who freqünt this site.
    no, seriously, read these 2 threads. there's a bunch of good reasons not to like their behavior

They talk in a very polite and very respectful tone,
    especially Theseus. he got an infraction for his 'polite and respectful' tone already

but no matter how civil they are, they get hated on for being a part of a tracker staff someone might have gotten banned from, bad experience ect...
    well, either you're one them or just kissing ***
    Your account has been disabled.
    Thanks

4. Who Said Thanks:

alpacino (11.09.10)

P2P Client
    uTorrent
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 16/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssssss8
    I think CN staff are the the best. They know what they are doing and they listen to CN users. The tracker itself is the best movie tracker in my opinion because of their hard work and good coding skils.
    Thanks

What.CD Staff
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 16/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss38
    Quote Originally Posted by Instab View Post
    It's pretty depressing when you put so much work into something and you get told that the only reason why that something is good is because of someone else.

no, there were some good examples of what they did. you might wanna read the 2 threads completely.
    Actually, there weren't any, other than the screenshot from ages ago on the first page of the other thread.

especially Theseus. he got an infraction for his 'polite and respectful' tone already
    He was a lot more polite and respectful than quite a few people in the other thread, yet you didn't say anything to them.
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    5/20 17/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss6661
    Quote Originally Posted by jowa View Post
    It's pretty depressing when you put so much work into something and you get told that the only reason why that something is good is because of someone else.
    well, not completely but i think you agree that the high member count is a big factor. and your're right, gazelle is great
    no doubt you're doing great work behind the scenes but so far the main topic was how staff is treating the members and i'm afraid your site dösn't leave the best impression in this case. and don't get me wrong, i'd love to see that change
    i'm not interested in talking bad about someone just for the heck of it at all

Actually, there weren't any, other than the screenshot from ages ago on the first page of the other thread.
    i've seen some interesting stories including one from myself. not sure which thread it was tho

He was a lot more polite and respectful than quite a few people in the other thread, yet you didn't say anything to them.
    and there were even more not so polite posts and yes, i didn't say something, i deleted them right away
    and for the record, i didn't issü the warning
    Your account has been disabled.
    Thanks

What.CD Staff
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 16/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss38
    well, not completely but i think you agree that the high member count is a big factor.
    Of course. Without our users, we wouldn't go anywhere, that's how private trackers work afterall. The other way around is also true though.

and there were even more not so polite posts and yes, i didn't say something, i deleted them right away
    and for the record, i didn't issue the warning
    Fair enough :)
    Thanks

going to agree with the staff issues. i mean look at waffles.fm do you see them trolling around sb-i? no. and yet they still run a big community providing a good portion of the same torrents that what.cd is offering. torrentleech is one of the most popular sites to cheat on, see any of their stuff trolling around here? or even scc, ftn, etc.

so you have all these successful sites doing just fine and then you have what.cd that are very anal about what their users are doing. then they proceed to whine that the commmunity is being hurt by cheaters, etc.

have nothing against the site nor gazelle, just slighly annoyed by these self absorbed staff, especially in this thread, that believe they are some sort of gods of what.cd why don't we have people like whatman or xonar here? the ones that actually, have more control over the site, not some low-grade moderators. i would say that there opinions would matter to us a lot more than having a bunch of mods speaking as though they are reponsible for the site's success.

come back when you are actually running what.cd or something of equal level, until then you are just as disposable as any us cheaters are.
    Thanks

10. Who Said Thanks:

alpacino (12.09.10)

Activity Longevity
    0/20 16/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss15
    Understandable, and I agree, much of it's greatness comes from it's user generated content, but you must also agree that the amount of effort they put into "Gazelle", and updating it regularly is dedication by the staff. And that makes a great staff to me.

well, they are neither the police nor any sort of similar organisation but sometimes i have the feeling they'd like that
    It's not their position, but the authority they have upon something. Many just hate authority, for being authority. It's common for people to generalize a hole organization/staff ect... because of a bad experience or a "bad apple" in the bunch, that was simply the comparison I was trying to make.

no, seriously, read these 2 threads. there's a bunch of good reasons not to like their behavior
    Yeah, I understand staff haven't always been the most respectful, but nor have the members here been. But for the most part, from what I have seen, they express their point of view point calmly and without spouting profanity. And since you have deleted many of the posts by both sides of the party, I cannot judge accordingly, I can only do so from what I have seen.

well, either you're one them or just kissing ***
    I am nether one of them nor am I kissing ass, just expressing my point of view.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rokter View Post
    Understandable, and I agree, much of it's greatness comes from it's user generated content, but you must also agree that the amount of effort they put into "Gazelle", and updating it regularly is dedication by the staff. And that makes a great staff to me.
    Only a handful of the staff are actually responsible for coding of gazelle. Most likely the ones under the "Developer" status and also the higher classes such as admins and sysops, I remember the admin a9 being associated with coding the site. Don't spread the credit too far, most of the staff here on sb-i are just mods, that sit around on irc and trash stuff on the forums, they have very little to do with the actual workings and coding of the site.
    Thanks

P2P Client
    uTorrent
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 16/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssssss8
    mods are moderating and not coding... I didn't have any bad experiences with staff on what.cd and I'm new here, so I don't know how they behave here, on sb-i.
    Last edited by Lucius1; 11.08.10 at 19:55.
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    0/20 16/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss15
    My statement still stand nonetheless, I have dealt a few times with mods in their IRC channel, and haven't had a bad experience yet. Although I speak from personal experience, I might have been a lucky one. Not sure about the forum though.
    Last edited by Rokter; 11.08.10 at 20:02.
    Thanks

BCG Staff
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 16/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss88
    Where do you think the staff that do the coding get the staff to do the grunt work from, the members themselves, ok we all make mistakes and can get a numpty as a staffer, but the vast majority of the time, staff are those members that go above and beyond the normal member activities, and get noticed, either uploading tons, helping out in comments/irc/forums, or in some trackers trader/cheater hunting.

So those staff that you so despise started as normal members most of this time, and got noticed, they may have made themselves get noticed to get a staff position, or they may have just been the helpful kind who got a staff position, but for the staffer that promotes members, it usually hard to tell (sometimes its easy though, new members works his arse off helping for a month or 2, then just disapears when he doesnt get staff).

And the ones that get on the wrong side of them, say that the power has gone to their head, which may be true for a couple, but the vast majority just want the best for the tracker.

Without the owners/coders there would be no tracker
    Without the members as a whole, there would still be a tracker but maybe not as good.
    Without YOU (whatever rule you broke to get banned) the tracker will still survive.

The one thing most tracker staff hate, is lies and decieving, IE you come into IRC, you have broke a rule, the staff says you broke a rule, you should know which rule, pleading ignorance will just get them annoyed, if you just came out and said, ok i cheated/traded or whatever, you may even get a 2nd chance (you might not, but saying you done nothing for 30 minutes and arguing, when we know fine well you done it wont get you anywhere). The other thing they hate is, aw please (staff name here) you are fair gove me another chance, when another staff banned them (playing staff off each other, i have enough of that with my kids, never mind adults that are on the site)
    Last edited by stoi; 11.08.10 at 20:09.
    Thanks

P2P Client
    Mratio,VEM,RM
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss762
    Quote Originally Posted by stoi View Post
    The one thing most tracker staff hate, is lies and decieving, IE you come into IRC, you have broke a rule, the staff says you broke a rule, you should know which rule, pleading ignorance will just get them annoyed, if you just came out and said, ok i cheated/traded or whatever, you may even get a 2nd chance (you might not, but saying you done nothing for 30 minutes and arguing, when we know fine well you done it wont get you anywhere). The other thing they hate is, aw please (staff name here) you are fair gove me another chance, when another staff banned them (playing staff off each other, i have enough of that with my kids, never mind adults that are on the site)
    From what I know most of the staff dont give the second chance.

mostly for cheaters and traders.

other rules take it lightly.

@stoi:Many users saying there is no signup bonus on signup why?
    Last edited by jacksbi; 11.08.10 at 20:21.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by stoi View Post
    The one thing most tracker staff hate, is lies and decieving, IE you come into IRC, you have broke a rule, the staff says you broke a rule, you should know which rule, pleading ignorance will just get them annoyed, if you just came out and said, ok i cheated/traded or whatever, you may even get a 2nd chance (you might not, but saying you done nothing for 30 minutes and arguing, when we know fine well you done it wont get you anywhere
    I find that most of the time you have nothing to lose in doing so, and that often times it is a matter of "You cheated, that is already a bannable offense". So if the staff want to waste 30 minutes being under the submission to our ignorance, then I fell you only have yourself to blame. I personally, as have previous mentioned wherever, that I find it fun to experience the "Oh hai, I remember seeing you, [mod's name], on this very irc, many times." Just because often times it is a situation where you have literally nothing to lose. Nothing. I can waste the 30 minutes talking to you, or I can wait a couple of [duration of time] and rejoin.

Nothing against you stoi, or any of the BCG staff, as I personally remember that when I was banned from BCG some years ago I acted maturely and simply brushed it off and made no attempt at annoying the staff. Even a bit disappointed at the loss. :(

I guess it is sort of like when a game developer claims they have some awesome new anti-piracy code which just encourages people to break it. Same here, toot your horn about you cheating system(What.cd) and you will get people that will test your system, just for the "lol factor".
    Last edited by LegitCheater; 11.08.10 at 20:30.
    Thanks

BCG Staff
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 16/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss88
    @stoi:Many users saying there is no signup bonus on signup why?

because there isnt. that doesnt mean there always wont be but at this very moment in time, there is none. (but they dont really need it anyway)
    Thanks

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast