Poll: Which staff are worst?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Which Staff Are The Worst?

BCG Staff
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 16/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss88
    I am not even a member of what.cd, and btw on my Blackcats-games forum i have 9,406 posts (9.55 per day) so my members get all the help they need thankyou very much.

If you dont like it, put me on ignore, I dont really give a crap.

PS: I am not every staff, and yes i do care (i shouldnt) but i do, sue me for it.
    Last edited by stoi; 05.08.10 at 22:06.
    Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
    Thanks

What.CD Staff
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 16/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss38
    Quote Originally Posted by dreamer View Post
    what the hell with all the staffs registering and posting here?
    don't you staff guys have better things to do than argue with us, the users you so love to hate?
    what is the point, really, behind registering and posting here.. information gathering can be done without posting, so what is that for?
    I'm not here to tell you to stop cheating, making dupe accounts nor to gather any information. This has never been my intention. I don't hate you. You guys are free to do what you want, and I'm sorry this thread turned out this way.

The reason why I made a few posts here is because I wanted to clear a few things up, and I was curious as to why most of you were hating us (I'm talking for what.cd here) so much, since in my experience, we are just a team of friendly people who try to make the best decisions for the site to be as good as possible. Our goal is not to disable as many accounts as possible, despite what some people may think.

I will not be posting in this thread any more; but I'd like to say that if any of you would like to ask me any questions, be they about our policies, decisions, about things you think we are doing / have done wrong; don't hesitate to PM me and I'd be happy to discuss it with you. [edit: actually, I just realized I don't have PM privileges.]

Have a nice day.
    Last edited by jowa; 05.08.10 at 22:08.
    Thanks

P2P Client
    VEM
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss552
    my bad, blackcats-games

IMO in the psychological view (and I'm no expert the last time I checked) it seems you get some kind of satisfaction or pleasure from being able to talk and understand your "enemy"
    I was guessing you're what.cd because of you being "sick of hearing all the assumptions and crap being said on here".
    there wasn't even so many bad things said about your tracker so I thought you where what.cd staff.
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    7/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    5/5 ssss39435
    Quote Originally Posted by jowa View Post
    [edit: actually, I just realized I don't have PM privileges.]
    Make two more posts where they count.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."
    Thanks

BCG Staff
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 16/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss88
    It doesnt have to be bad things, just wrong things being said.

And you are not my enemy, most on here (if they are telling the truth) dont even cheat on BCG, and even if you did, its simple, if we catch you, we will ban you, if you get away with it, good for you, how that makes you an enemy i have no idea.

I am not here to make enemies or even friends for that matter, just to get my POV accross from my tracker. not a global bittorrent thing, I havnt even mentioned cheating yet (bad or good) in any of my 40+ posts. So i am not here to dictate to the members here, do what you want, but if you get banned for breaking the rules of a tracker, dont turn around and say they have crap staff, you broke the rules, its your fault you got banned.

and just because you think 1 of the staff is a twat, doesnt mean all the others are that staff that tracker.
    Last edited by stoi; 05.08.10 at 22:15.
    Thanks

P2P Client
    VEM
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss552
    but if you read carefully you see most of the complaints here are about getting banned without breaking the rules, being treated like shit in IRC and stuff like that.
    staff is all about giving the power to the RIGHT people. there will always be the people that will abuse their given power and feel better than others thus allowing themselves to act like twats.

and please, don't tell me we're not your enemy. at least don't lie to us (or yourself).
    Thanks

BCG Staff
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 16/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss88
    I am not lieing, an enemy to me would be a rougue staffer that deletes the entire db, pinches all the donation money, hackers that do the same.

traders/cheater even sellers are not my enemy, I dont like it, but you are not my enemy at all.

And its not abusing their power, its protecting the tracker, I am more, ask questions first, then ban if i have to, Cirno on the other hand, is ban first, then ask questions later. its just a different approach, even though cirno seems to come accross heavy handed, he is only heavy handed if you fucked up somehow, and got caught.

There is also the other matter, lets say in 1 year, 1000 members come into IRC for help (either banned accounts or whatever) 40 of those Cirno keeps banned, 960 of those get unbanned.

The unbanned ones will go away happy, but will NEVER put it on a public forum that the staff, or "that cirno" was a nice guy. the 40 he doesnt give the account back to, 35 of them will be straight onto forums like this, and say BCG have crap staff and cirno is a right twat. (but they wont say why they got banned, or they will bend the truth to suit them, knowing ful well that we have very little chance to see it, or put them straight on why they did get banned).

It will be the same with every tracker out there.

I am also not saying that we never make mistakes, of course we do, we are only human after all, but it still doesnt make us bad staff.
    Last edited by stoi; 05.08.10 at 22:31.
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    0/20 17/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss333
    I just want to say in general please don't ban the entire country from tracker ,when you guys do that we feel so humiliated .
    Thanks

9. Who Said Thanks:

Jordan (13.06.12)

P2P Client
    Bitcomet & Utorrent
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss246
    Quote Originally Posted by Vuze-Sbi View Post
    I just want to say in general please don't ban the entire country from tracker ,when you guys do that we feel so humiliated .
    This WORD!!!... It's frustrating for citizens of said countries imho.
    Thanks

BCG Staff
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 16/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss88
    Ok but lets put it this way.

We opened up for 8 minutes the other night, we got in 125 new members, 30 were dupes, and 80% have been banned already, I wont say what country as it wasnt just 1, but look at it from our point of view, we are planning to open up for 16,000 members very soon, we would like 16,000 unique members, that will each use their accounts, what we will get is 2,000 members that will use their accounts, and 14,000 dupes and sellers. and 12,000 of those will be from the same 1 or 2 countries.

trackers have become a little cottage industry for a lot of people, and non members are daft enough to buy them (accounts/referrals).

I honestly dont know what we are going to do yet, regarding the banning of countries, but if we do it, it will only be on signing up, we wont ban members that are already in the tracker.
    Thanks

12. Who Said Thanks:

Vuze-Sbi (05.08.10)

Activity Longevity
    0/20 16/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss14
    Weighing in on the whole 'banning countries', very few trackers I'm a member at, etc. have ever actually banned an entire country from their site. Generally (Using what.cd as an example as I have a good knowledge of their practices, etc.) they ban them from using their invite channels, rather, force them to get an invite through an existing user. There's good reason for this, as we all know there are some countries notorious for cheaters/traders, etc. That being said, I see no reason for most sites to ever ban signups of certain countries, however, if they do...Well, simply put, that's their decision.

On a PTP Note, I have not once banned a user just because I can. I have always had proof and reason before disabling any account, privs., etc. The OP of this thread seems to be about flaming staff, yet providing no evidence of staff wrong-doing or anything of the sort. Simply claiming he was banned/disabled due to no error on his own part. This generally leads to a misconception of the staff, the community within the site, etc. This was not the case here, I can assure you. However, I will not openly discuss another users account publicly, as it's nobodies business but theirs and my staff.

That being said, the moderators here have been rather friendly from what I've seen, and what little interaction I've ever had with them, so to them I say thank you.

To those who have made judgements about my site, my staff, etc. without ever actually having talked to one of us...Shame on you!
    We have an IRC available for most everybody (Although most channels are members-only.). I'm almost always on to discuss whatever with people.

Dexter
    Sysop @ PassThePopcorn

P.S. W.CD staff are incredible. (As are PTP staff )
    Last edited by PTPDexter; 05.08.10 at 23:32.
    Thanks

14. Who Said Thanks:

Vuze-Sbi (05.08.10)

P2P Client
    I can haz candy
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 17/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss590
    Got a question. Have you (PTP staff) ever banned people for giving out points on your own forum? If so, why?
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    0/20 16/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss14
    On our own forums???

No. It happens all the time on our own forums.
    Public giveaways / Giveaways on other sites such as T-I, etc. are strictly forbidden.
    Thanks

17. Who Said Thanks:

Gapo (05.08.10)

@jowa : why don't we see bonus points or sp system in what.cd that could help people survive without cheating?
    Last edited by Extraterrestrial; 05.08.10 at 23:56.
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    7/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    5/5 ssss39435
    Quote Originally Posted by yoyojojo65 View Post
    that could help people survive without cheating?
    It'd also hurt long-term retention, which is necessary for a music tracker of What.cd's scale.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."
    Thanks

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast