Thread: GTX 470 Problem - freeze , BSOD , error nvidia driver

P2P Client
    Vuze
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss68

GTX 470 Problem - freeze , BSOD , error nvidia driver

Hello i am putting my problem here, maybe someone can try to give same helps to my problem.
    I just came from NY(i live in brasil) with my recently bought MSI GF GTX 470 and a Corsair HX850W, i had installed both of them no problem, when i install the nvidia driver for my vga i am getting some socking problem that make me do a hard reset, or just getting msg how can be see in image 1
    Note the error on the image 1 is when i was using thre driver that i downloaded from MSI, but the same error i was getting for the newest , the beta too.
    i read somewhere to use driver sweaper in safe mode to remove old driver and than install the new on , i have do it but the problem is now i get freeze and BSOD
    all this problem was in IDLE, so i was not using 3D Application
    any suggestion?

erro problem

temperature on idle

my system config:
    Mobo: Asus P5e
    Mem:6GB ddr2 (2x2gb corsiar)+(2x1gb OC-Z)
    proc: CD2 E6750 @2.66 GHz
    VGA: GF GTX 470 - MSI
    Power Supply: Corsair HX850W

some additional info:
    i am using dual view primary monitor 1680 X 1050 (22") and a 1024 x 768 (15")
    kaspersky internet security 2011
    advanced system care pro
    MSI afterburner last version

Thanks for help
    Raffaello
    Last edited by raffav; 21.07.10 at 21:24.
    Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
    Thanks

Hi,
    congratulations on your new card,

I've got something to say,
    as you can see, this isn't a hardware specific forum, so in order to have better chances to get a reply,
    post this in Tom's hardware or overclocker's 3d or guru3d forums or MSI's own forum if they have one
    also try posting at nvidia's forum, they MUST have a solution for this..

------------

This used to happen for me, it was driver related,
    i think i solved it by installing the inno3d(my card manufacturer) stock driver from the provided CD, then install Nvidia's latest non-beta driver!

I am cheatos

Thanks

Fisrt of all clean all nvidia drivers with driver sweeper and install the latest Nvidia driver for your GTX 470 from Guru3d .

play a few games and check if this error is reproduced in games as well . Check your Graphics card temperature immediately after this error is reproduced . if temperature is very high (around 90-95) , it means your card is getting heated very quickly then increase your default fan speed to around 75 % .

BUT

if this error occurs frequently even if temperature is lower than 90 or your getting artifacts in your games , than maybe the Ram of your GTX 470 is corrupt and your card is defective . you may need to replace the defective card asap if it is under warranty .
    Last edited by crystal; 21.07.10 at 22:49.
    Thanks

In case you're running Vista (info is not supplied), this is a known Vista bug with not much to do against it which has been there from the start. I suggest upgrading to Windows 7.
    g̺̗͙̺l̜̜i͖̦͇̙t͕̲̜c͇̮͕̺̩͎̰̜h͕̦̘
    Thanks

Retired Staff
    P2P Client
    (keinen)
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss2177
    Quote Originally Posted by Sazzy View Post
    In case you're running Vista (info is not supplied), this is a known Vista bug with not much to do against it which has been there from the start. I suggest upgrading to Windows 7.
    Look at his taskbar - he's using Windows 7.

Temperatures are ok - GPU isn't overclocked.
    So this must be a driver problem.
    Can you test this with an older driver? 257.21 for example?

What graphic card have you had before?
    If some from ATI: Have you cleaned the catalyst drivers completely?

best regards
    v6ph1

PS: Maybe you got a card with a beta bios - so msi may has a new bios for your card?
    Multibootsysteme einrichten
    Apple: Da ist der Wurm drin.
    Der Klügere gibt nach. Deshalb wird die Welt auch von Dummen regiert.
    Das Volumen einer Pizza mit Radius z und Höhe a ist gleich Pi·z·z·a
    Thanks

taskbar can look like that in Vista
    g̺̗͙̺l̜̜i͖̦͇̙t͕̲̜c͇̮͕̺̩͎̰̜h͕̦̘
    Thanks

P2P Client
    Vuze
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss68
    Quote Originally Posted by crystal View Post
    Fisrt of all clean all nvidia drivers with driver sweeper and install the latest Nvidia driver for your GTX 470 from Guru3d .
    i read somewhere to use driver sweaper in safe mode to remove old driver and than install the new on , i have do it but the problem is now i get freeze and BSOD
    Quote Originally Posted by crystal View Post
    play a few games and check if this error is reproduced in games as well . Check your Graphics card temperature immediately after this error is reproduced . if temperature is very high (around 90-95) , it means your card is getting heated very quickly then increase your default fan speed to around 75 %.
    when i am playing i bfbc2 the only thing that happens is freeze in general when is loading a mission for example, but is not all times like, in 5 trays 2 i get freeze
    and when i can play, i play in full max settings on a 22" monitor, 59-60 hz and temperature in 75-78 Cº
    and in the 1 time i have install driver and traied to play this game freeze and in the 2 tentative during the game i get some green artifacts on , but only on time
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by raffav View Post

when i am playing i bfbc2 the only thing that happens is freeze in general when is loading a mission for example, but is not all times like, in 5 trays 2 i get freeze
    and when i can play, i play in full max settings on a 22" monitor, 59-60 hz and temperature in 75-78 Cº
    and in the 1 time i have install driver and traied to play this game freeze and in the 2 tentative during the game i get some green artifacts on , but only on time
    if your getting coloured artifacts even if your temperature is below 80C , then your graphics card's Ram is corrupt which is what i initially feared when i read your post . i have gone through a similar problem in the recent past . no wonder your getting random freezes and BSODs . you need to replace this card from the shop you bought as it is unfortunately defective .
    Thanks

P2P Client
    Vuze
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss68
    Quote Originally Posted by v6ph1 View Post
    Can you test this with an older driver? 257.21 for example?
    i always download the last one and at that time it was this driver the last one. And i m using now was in beta, and i have already try this beta, but now the beta becomes final version

Quote Originally Posted by v6ph1 View Post
    What graphic card have you had before?
    If some from ATI: Have you cleaned the catalyst drivers completely?
    PS: Maybe you got a card with a beta bios - so msi may has a new bios for your card?
    my card was a MSI GF 8800GTS
    no, i never had a Ati VGA on this Computer
    no i already try to see on MSI site for a bios update , but isn't on

And Yes i am using Windows 7
    the taskbar is with Small icon on taskbar checke on taskbar settings

---------- Post added 22.07.10 at 00:00 ---------- Previous post was 21.07.10 at 23:55 ----------

that is the fu**ng problem ! i bought in USA NY and i am in brazil , no way to go back soon to USA
    Last edited by raffav; 21.07.10 at 23:58.
    Thanks

one more thing , download Furmark software and test your graphics card by that software in xtreme mode for around 5 minutes . this software is very good for testing your card . If you get artifacts , BSODs or freezes etc in around 5 minutes while running its test , than your card is 100% defective .

if you bought from US then contact the shop or the website you bought it from and tell them you need a replacement for this defective card . also try to find out MSI outlets in your country or in your area and contact them as well for assistance , they should replace your defective card .
    Last edited by crystal; 22.07.10 at 00:05.
    Thanks

11. Who Said Thanks:

SealLion (22.07.10)

P2P Client
    Vuze
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss68
    RUn it for 6 min on stability test msaa 32x, full sceen 1680x1050 xtreme mode

max temp 87cº 82% fan speed
    30-35 FPS
    no bug found
    when i stoped the only thing that freezed was the furmark a had to kill on task manager
    Thanks

thats excellent then ! it means is not defective since it was able to handle Furmark without any BSODs or artifacts . though now it becomes even tougher to find out this problem of what is exactly causing this .

btw have you deleted old nvidia stuff with driver sweeper and installed the latest 258.xx drivers of nvidia ? are the problems still there even after having the latest driver ? i suggest you also post your case in Guru3d forums as well . but i can assure you this "stopped and recovered" errors are tough to rectify at times and are generally have different solutions for different people , in my case my card's Ram had gone corrupt and i dont have any problems as such with my new GFX card .

if you have a spare PC at home or probably try to put the card at your friends house and try to use it for an hour or two in that machine and try to reproduce the error . if not , then its something else in your particular system causing this problem .
    Thanks

P2P Client
    Vuze
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss68
    the thanks bottom is not working for me, so thanks
    i will post this error in guru 3d to
    if you read some my post eraly you will that i already used sweeper to remove
    and this help me to dont get the problem on figure 1
    but i still get, freeze, and some times i get automatic restart , i down know is was a BSOD because this happens when i wasn't on front of the Computer

just to know today 21/07/010 i get only on freeze with the 258.98 beta, and now i see that this driver becames Final version , so i download and installed over and until now i don't get any problem my related problem

PS: I will be out until 28/07, so when i came back i answer any post question
    Last edited by raffav; 22.07.10 at 05:21.
    Thanks

P2P Client
    Vuze
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss68
    i am back? any new suggestion-

i still getting
    this problem

but now with the driver version 258.96 yesterday i got 2 times this error in less than 2 hours doing nothing, just surfing on internet
    Last edited by raffav; 26.07.10 at 17:30.
    Thanks

P2P Client
    Vuze
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 16/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss171
    happened to me when I installed the wrong drivers one time.

---------- Post added at 14:11 ---------- Previous post was at 14:10 ----------

some time ago i had this error message too, i had overclocked the card to the maximum, so it overheated (over 90 degrees) and this message popped up. i removed the OC settings and the problem disappeared, but i was unable to OC it much.
    That was GF9800GTX
    Thanks

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast