+ Reply to Thread

Thread: True Legend

True Legend

Release Date: 9 February 2010 (China)
    Director: Woo-ping Yuen
    Screenwriter: Chi-long To
    Starring: Vincent Zhao, Zhou Xun, Jay Chou, Michelle Yeoh, Andy On, and Guo Xiaodong
    Genre: Martial Arts
    Language: Mandarin

At the end of the Qing Dynasty, war hero Su Can (Su Qi-er) leads a spectacularly daring raid on enemy forces before retiring home from his military life to his beloved wife and their newborn son. Six years later, his vengeful step-brother Yuang (Andy On) returns from war unrecognizably consumed by Dark Martial Arts and armed with his Five Venom Fist, which he wields to severely injure Su as payback for a long and dark family history. Su and his wife barely escape with their lives, but their son is now held captive by an increasingly psychotic Yuang. Over many long and difficult months, Su recovers from his injuries and once again hones his craft with the help of a mysterious Bearded Man and his apprentice, Lord Wushu, a Golden Monk of unimaginable martial arts virtuosity. But even with this training, Su is unable to save his wife’s life when she single-handedly stakes out to find their son. Utterly broken by grief, Su soon wanders the streets as a drunken beggar with no will to live. It is only when his son is once again threatened, this time by imperial Westerners out to shame the Chinese people, that an inebriated Su summons all his fighting skills to save the day and unwittingly forges a new style of martial arts forever known as The Drunken Fist!

Last edited by Sazzy; 22.06.10 at 02:59.
    g̺̗͙̺l̜̜i͖̦͇̙t͕̲̜c͇̮͕̺̩͎̰̜h͕̦̘
    Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
    Thanks

2. Who Said Thanks:

slikrapid (26.06.10) , saebrtooth (24.06.10) , thecoolest (23.06.10) , Blocker (22.06.10)

P2P Client
    An eMule & VEM
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss2150
    There wanst much diaglogue but who gives a willie

This stuff is excellente man, even if JC and Jet Li isnt in it

And if ur into the genre u'll know some of the cast are highly acclaimed in their field
    Last edited by saebrtooth; 22.06.10 at 03:21.
    dont ban me just spank me
    Thanks

JC is amazing, but he doesn't fit well in movies like this. He works perfectly in more humorous scenarios.

Personally, I prefer the more unknown actors (for the western world, at least) like in this movie. Though I do agree, dialogue could've been better. It's good though if you're just looking for a martial arts movie. I do wish another movie of the caliber Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon would come out
    Thanks

P2P Client
    An eMule & VEM
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss2150
    Woo-ping Yuen aka Yuen Woo-ping is usually a choreographer of stunts and martial arts for asian and western flicks but now he is taking on the bigger rol of director. It will be a sight to see
    Thanks

P2P Client
    anything that meets me
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss455
    just watched this movie before 2 days..i must say.....great fighting movie..i love the way it fights and mostly..drunken thing in movie is awesome to catch

see this
    Thanks

7. Who Said Thanks:

saebrtooth (24.06.10) , SBfreak (23.06.10)

The fighting scenes were awesome.Added it to my queue
    Thanks

Drunken Fist ( Zui Quan ) is so amusing to watch though often misunderstood as a technique to let you fight while drunk. It's merely to imitate being drunk, giving the foe a wrong idea about you

Another nice youtube of Drunken Fist ^^
    Thanks

10. Who Said Thanks:

saebrtooth (24.06.10)

P2P Client
    anything that meets me
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss455
    sazzy..true...this video was good..but nothing compared to the movie scene..afterall the true legend is really legend..fighting is awesome
    Thanks

Well movie is only movie ^^ It's nice to see these techniques in a more realistic situation too
    Thanks

P2P Client
    anything that meets me
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss455
    yup..true..but quality isnt good..and also movie has some scopes and angles makes it more intresting thats why..i appreciate your post too

real techniques its good to understand too . thats for sure
    Thanks

P2P Client
    An eMule & VEM
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss2150
    Quote Originally Posted by thecoolest View Post
    real techniques its good to understand too . thats for sure
    To really understand the technique u have to practice it, looking from the sidelines u wont get much, except for an excellent display, unless u are well familiar in martial arts urself
    Thanks

I didn't look superlong, but it's hard to find a decent quality and decent content one. This one had decent content but the better quality ones i found were too much show and meh technique
    Thanks

P2P Client
    sbi finest
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss3125
    it had a promising first half (except for the rather useless opening fight), the most interesting being the training scenes (the god of wushu ones) and decent but marginal female roles - after the completely unnecessary death of the main female character (the asian cinema seems to love using sacrifices or tragic deaths) the movie changes and it seems as if you are watching a different one all together with ridiculous fights in some arenas where suddenly (ip man 2 deja vu) the main character isn't so skilled anymore and gets hit by some random opponents (wrestlers lol) who could have been dispatched in a matter of seconds regarding his true skill, not to mention that he could have thrown them all simply to the aggressive (hungry?) tigers below and that would be game over for them

basically the movie should have ended half way through, without getting downgraded further with the sub-par 2nd part
    Thanks

+ Reply to Thread