+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Ever wonder how a global ban works?

P2P Client
    rtorrent
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 17/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssssss9

Angry Ever wonder how a global ban works?

First of all, I'd like to say that it's an excellent community you guys have here. I was banned from what.cd two months ago, for using RM (without memory reader). I also lost my accounts on waffles, BitMe and PTP. Thanks to this site, I got back in (haven't started cheating again yet but now I know to use memory reader )

Anyways, I was browsing through the what.cd trash today, and guess what I found? A thread on how those f***** global banned me!

Does anyone know how many sites have feeds like that? I want to cheat on BMTV but I'm afraid they'll have the same system and spread my IP info again.

Thanks.
    Last edited by SealLion; 12.04.10 at 00:35.
    Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    12/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    3/5 ssss39484
    Quote Originally Posted by Hideehi View Post
    Does anyone know how many sites have feeds like that? I want to cheat on BMTV but I'm afraid they'll have the same system and spread my IP info again.
    If you do a search for "tracker connections" you should fine some information, for example:

What.cd<->BCG<->x264<->GFT<->TopHos, etc.

A general rule of thumb would be to avoid using the same IPs, usernames or e-mail addresses on sites that may be or are known to share information.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."
    Thanks

3. Who Said Thanks:

Uninvited2611 (26.05.10)

P2P Client
    rtorrent
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 17/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssssss9
    Thanks for the information anon. The thread I found seems to be a bit more complicated though - it seems they do something weird with IRC to automatically tell all the sites. Is there any way we can break into the channel? DDOS the bot?
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    12/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    3/5 ssss39484
    it seems they do something weird with IRC to automatically tell all the sites. Is there any way we can break into the channel? DDOS the bot?
    Why don't you worry about not getting caught in the first place? That's easier.
    Thanks

P2P Client
    rtorrent
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 17/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssssss9
    Probably. I was just thinking for other people like me - I was a power user, over 100 forum posts on What, 200GB buffer on PTP, etc...I'd invested a lot of time into those accounts. If I can help other people not get global banned like I was, it's good karma, you know?

Also, I tried searching for "tracker connections" and couldn't find a thread with them all. Should we make the thread?
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    12/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    3/5 ssss39484
    Also, I tried searching for "tracker connections" and couldn't find a thread with them all. Should we make the thread?
    There is no thread, but random bits of info all over the board. Feel free to start it if you want.
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss1191
    I was banned from what.cd two months ago, for using RM (without memory reader).
    I was a power user, over 100 forum posts on What, 200GB buffer on PTP, etc...
    If I can help other people not get global banned like I was, it's good karma, you know?
    i think you helped enough.... but most users here will not make such silly mistakes
    Thanks

P2P Client
    rtorrent
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 17/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssssss9
    I started the list here http://www.sb-innovation.de/showthre...threadid=19568 If anyone has anything to add, I'll add it to the list :)
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss244
    Quote Originally Posted by anon View Post
    A general rule of thumb would be to avoid using the same IPs, usernames or e-mail addresses on sites that may be or are known to share information.
    I beg to differ ... THE general rule of thumb should be: DON'T GET CAUGHT!

Use your brain, good cheating mods and blend in the swarm with the correct cheating settings. Doing that you never get caught (unless some staffer without a life starts checking out the stats manually).
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    12/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    3/5 ssss39484
    Quote Originally Posted by CindyVer View Post
    I beg to differ ... THE general rule of thumb should be: DON'T GET CAUGHT!
    Yes, of course. There's no way to deny that.
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    0/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss45
    lolol ive been globally banned over 5x already, after the 4th time i decided i would only upload max 100mb to every tracker (to stop account from getting auto deleted) i get access to again and from there on just use ratiofaker to prevent dl/ul stats and show me as a constant seeder, no bumps in the road as of yet lol
    Thanks

P2P Client
    SB Invention !!
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss2899
    as anon stated, basicly, it is too dummy to use same personal IDing info when filling the registering application, also you can't (let me rephrase, you'd better not to) use two accounts to download two different files at the same time with the same faking tool (this expose your network info ie. IP & DNS for their scripts to pick up).

Over & above, just bare in mind that most of those trackers' owners work together in order to get better reputation & high quality user base so when it comes to hammer down a bad user/cheater, I'd bet they will spread the word around in no time.
    Thanks

+ Reply to Thread