+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Pc problems

Activity Longevity
    0/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss277
    This could be a boot priority disorder as well double check if you have two HDD's installed your have correctly selected the drive in which you have installed the Win7, and try selecting it as a first boot device in boot priority settings, if this doesn't solves the problem , check FDD is disabled, and then removes cables from all other HDDs, CD and DVD drives just connect the HDD in which you have installed win7, and see if it works,... if problem still persists check your memory sticks use a rubber/eraser to clean contacts of the memory stick cotacts, and then reattach ,

What kind of errors that window is displaying .. i mean to say doesn't it indicates S.M.A.R.T status failures or what ? or its is a blank screen

if none of above applies .. then it appears your HDD in which you have installed Win7 its boot sector needs to be replaced and is corrupted there are sevreal ways to do it but try above things first

IF PROBLEM RESIDES , THEN HERE IS THE FINAL SOLUTION, open deattach your PC from monitor , remove CMOS battery for 15 secods take a deep breath and lift your CPU .... .........
    throw it outside
    Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
    Thanks

2. Who Said Thanks:

SBfreak (20.02.10)

Activity Longevity
    8/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssss39452
    Quote Originally Posted by SBfreak View Post
    Put the battery back now.Same screen,just that no "press delete for bios" just empty space in it's place.
    You can also try removing the battery once again and doing the jumper thing, then.

Any PC speaker beeps?
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."
    Thanks

4. Who Said Thanks:

SBfreak (20.02.10)

Activity Longevity
    0/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss277
    Put the battery back now.Same screen,just that no "press delete for bios" just empty space in it's place.
    Plug out all the wires and cables from the cpu insluding monitors VGA cable.. remove the battery again and leave remove the static charge using a screwdriver , hold metalic side of screwdriver and touch earth with nude hands ... or surface which is not insulated ...

them remove power supply cables , and again remove static charge .. you memory (DIMM) is under influnce of static charge ..

OR

I wish it doesn't happen , your BIOS is gone and corrupted and you need to flash it again .
    Thanks

6. Who Said Thanks:

SBfreak (20.02.10)

Activity Longevity
    8/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssss39452
    Quote Originally Posted by SBcheater View Post
    I wish it doesn't happen , your BIOS is gone and corrupted and you need to flash it again .
    I hope not, the PC isn't even fully booting so he'd have to do it with a flasher card or something
    Thanks

8. Who Said Thanks:

SBfreak (20.02.10)

You can also try removing the battery once again and doing the jumper thing, then.
    Both at the same time?
    Any PC speaker beeps?
    Not now but I used to have a lot.It's like the pc was restarting over and over again.
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    8/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssss39452
    Both at the same time?
    Yes.

Not now but I used to have a lot.It's like the pc was restarting over and over again.
    Try to remember the pattern if you hear them again. They mean something.
    Thanks

11. Who Said Thanks:

SBfreak (20.02.10)

what happens if you put win7 disk back?
    iirc win7 install boots without the need of "clicking a key to continue"

btw you didn't mention doing bios settings as anon said, maybe you forgot this hmm.
    OR you can't access bios settings at all ?

I am cheatos

Thanks

13. Who Said Thanks:

SBfreak (20.02.10)

Activity Longevity
    0/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss277
    Quote Originally Posted by anon View Post
    I hope not, the PC isn't even fully booting so he'd have to do it with a flasher card or something
    Flashcards are darn expensive , but there's another cheaper way to do this for which SBF will need exactly the same motherboard (Scarped ofcourse) and he will have to replace the CMOS chip on bad motherboard with the good one from scarped motherboard and this situation will be live means .. both motherboards will be truned on during this transfer of CMOS chip and you need steady hands and gold soldering skills in this case... but lets see what happens
    Thanks

15. Who Said Thanks:

SBfreak (20.02.10)

I'm confused now.
    @ cheatos read the first post lul
    Try to remember the pattern if you hear them again. They mean something.
    Noob me,I should've thought of that.

---------- Post added at 20:58 ---------- Previous post was at 20:46 ----------

Ok did the jumper and the battery thing.No option for bios.Rest the same.
    I'm afarid to do all this though because I don't know what all that means otr what are their location.
    Plug out all the wires and cables from the cpu insluding monitors VGA cable.. remove the battery again and leave remove the static charge using a screwdriver , hold metalic side of screwdriver and touch earth with nude hands ... or surface which is not insulated ...

them remove power supply cables , and again remove static charge .. you memory (DIMM) is under influnce of static charge ..
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    8/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssss39452
    Basically, I think he's telling you do to this:
    • unplug everything from your CPU case (monitor, keyboard, mouse, etc.)
    • remove the battery
    • touch the battery with a screwdriver's metallic part to remove the static electricity at the same time you touch that part yourself, and something else without static with your other hand
    • do the same with the power supply...
    • ...and the RAM sticks (I guess you have to carefully touch their contacts with the screwdriver)

It appears RAM sticks are specially sensitive to static electricity.
    Thanks

18. Who Said Thanks:

SBcheater (21.02.10) , SBfreak (20.02.10)

Did all that.Still nothing.I guess I really fucked up the pc this time
    Thanks for help SBcheater and anon.
    +rep to both and to cheatos because he reminded me of my noobishness
    Last edited by SBfreak; 20.02.10 at 20:37.
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    8/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssss39452
    Too bad. Perhaps if you want some time someone with a different suggestion will come in...
    Thanks

21. Who Said Thanks:

SBfreak (20.02.10)

Activity Longevity
    0/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss277
    Quote Originally Posted by anon View Post
    Basically, I think he's telling you do to this:
    • unplug everything from your CPU case (monitor, keyboard, mouse, etc.)
    • remove the battery
    • touch the battery with a screwdriver's metallic part to remove the static electricity at the same time you touch that part yourself, and something else without static with your other hand
    • do the same with the power supply...
    • ...and the RAM sticks (I guess you have to carefully touch their contacts with the screwdriver)

It appears RAM sticks are specially sensitive to static electricity.
    That's what I meant to say exactly, but be aware you don't have to touch screwdriver with memory sticks gold contacts , never do that just remove the memory and rest of other cables and wires from the board, to overcome the static charge problem.

But it appears this trick doesn't work either.

Did all that.Still nothing.I guess I really fucked up the pc this time
    SBf there are chances , that you memory is burnt , HDD's boot sector is corrupted, BIOS is gone , processor is burnt , but as anon said above beeps will tell you what exactly has happend to your pc.

Count number of beeps , for example "peep peep peep peep peep = 5 Beeps = somthing serious has happend, smaller the number of beeps more non serious errors , larger the number of beeps more scarry the problem may be such as processor brunt, memory burnt, (In case of corrupted BIOS pc doesn't boot at all and monitor's led shows orange color as stand by mod). therefore count beeps if there are any and then read instruction manual of your motherboard in troubleshooting pages in last of the book you will surely find something about number of beeps and their equivalent problems.

ALSO

Is you monitor show a complete Black screen ? and what color your monitor's led is showing , orange ? Green?
    Thanks

P2P Client
    An eMule & VEM
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss2150
    SBfreak said the monitor still shows a prompt for "Press delete for BIOS"

Now if that has changed since first post lol, u really r in deep cacao (I take that as dark and smelly chocolate? correct me if Im wrong )

Before the problem occured, if you did not touch anything inside the case, and just used normal procedures to reinstall Windows then how could you have caused a hardware failer?

However if you did play around in there your granny might be a little upset.

If things have turned worse and worse it could mean that you did nto ground yourself before touching the computer components.

You can still test some componets if they are still working on your own good computer. The ones that are still good will mean less cost for you later on.
    dont ban me just spank me
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss1191
    maybe the PC is set to boot from a CD and not from HDD and so it stays on first screen.go in bios and take a look at boot priority,also put optimal bios settings back.as far as i know when i installed Windows there was a message to press some button to boot from CD,then windows started installing.try also to boot in safe mod...and try disconnecting some hardware,additional HDD's...,maybe some hardware is incompatible
    Last edited by kazuya; 21.02.10 at 11:44.
    Thanks

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast