Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Anyone use Usenet??

P2P Client
    uTorrent
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 16/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss33
    Newsgroups are awesome for TV shows and older movies. With nearly 3 years of retention from Astraweb, I rarely download movies or TV shows from torrents anymore.
    Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    0/20 16/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss163
    with my opinion stick with the torrent easy fast free and you will find every thing there ....
    Thanks

P2P Client
    Bash shell
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss462
    Quote Originally Posted by zizo22 View Post
    with my opinion stick with the torrent easy fast free and you will find every thing there ....
    I can't agree with you there, because Usenet is easier than torrents. We just have been using torrents for so long, it is automatic and seems easy, but try teaching torrenting to your grand mother
    Thanks

4. Who Said Thanks:

zizo22 (11.07.11)

Activity Longevity
    11/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    5/5 ssss39386
    Quote Originally Posted by zizo22 View Post
    fast
    Generally, although not always.

Also, a lot of people here cheat, but otherwise there's the problem of ratios.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    0/20 16/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss163
    Quote Originally Posted by SomeGuy View Post
    I can't agree with you there, because Usenet is easier than torrents. We just have been using torrents for so long, it is automatic and seems easy, but try teaching torrenting to your grand mother

also you can't teach your grand mother usenet lol.

Generally, although not always.

Also, a lot of people here cheat, but otherwise there's the problem of ratios.
    i agree with you about not Generally.
    but the torrent is the general way on the internet and the cheaper way also.
    and there are trackers in the torrent world have content doesn't in usenet.
    and that is i'm prefer, every one free to chose the way he is like.
    Thanks

P2P Client
    sbi finest
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss3125
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfman86
    With nearly 3 years of retention
    which applies to, what, everything that gets uploaded? whereas usually the majority of low-mid popular torrents become 'dead' after several weeks/months

try teaching torrenting to your grand mother...
    also you can't teach your grand mother usenet
    sure you can, the question is whether they would be interested in learning it, whether it is something useful to them

Quote Originally Posted by zizo22
    torrent easy fast free and you will find every thing there ...
    you certainly won't find 'everything' anywhere anyways, let alone on torrent sites - the 'easy' quickly turns to 'hard' when trying to search for rare and/or old files, the 'fast' quickly turns to 'slow' when using public trackers, etc. - there is no definitive answer here, it depends on what you're looking for, what your sources are, you name it...

Quote Originally Posted by zizo22
    the torrent is the general way on the internet
    its the most popular one nowadays, however 'popularity' won't make its disadvantages simply disappear or become irrelevant
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    0/20 16/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss163
    there is no definitive answer here, it depends on what you're looking for, what your sources are, you name it...
    i can't agree more with you ....

its the most popular one nowadays, however 'popularity' won't make its disadvantages simply disappear or become irrelevant
    but if you look around you will find torrent is the best way now.
    you find the direct links and you can't get premium account on every site, let alone on copyright thing and the link deleted.
    and also the privet servers you have to pay to get account there and you can't find all you want. after all
    what i'm trying to say that the torrent is not every thing and there's no such thing can give all you want
    but still the best way and you will find most of what do you really want and more
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    11/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    5/5 ssss39386
    My small contributions to your discussion:

A way of downloading which has everything is a utopia.

I couldn't teach my mother to use e-mail, much less torrents or Usenet.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."
    Thanks

10. Who Said Thanks:

zizo22 (12.07.11)

P2P Client
    uTorrent
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 13/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss14
    First option is always usenet, followed by premium filesharing webhosts, then lastly torrents. You get the max speed with usenet, and don't have to worry about ratios or upload speeds. Downside is lesser content because of retention and the ease of finding content. OF course you have to pay for those, but it's very worth it, better than paying for VIP on torrent sites. Premium file hosting websites are good if the one you are on has the content you are looking for. I have a megashares lifetime account and I have never regretted it. Torrent is the last option for me and it's good for a wide variety of content. Like WIDE. Downside is it might be slow to get your content, depending on how obscure or old it is.

tldr: Yes I do use usenet. It is worth getting into it if you haven't, especially you always only get the latest tv shows or movies or games :)
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    0/20 13/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss23
    I had researched about Usenet, but i lost interest when i discovered that is Necessary to pay. I prefer pay for something original.
    Thanks

P2P Client
    sbi finest
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss3125
    Quote Originally Posted by Banana
    I had researched about Usenet, but i lost interest when i discovered that is Necessary to pay.
    its not necessary to pay (by paying you get premium service/benefits), however the 'free usenet' alternatives are few and very limited (retention limits, speed limits, fluctuating speed, transfer limits, binaries coverage, account/connectivity limits, etc.) - on the other hand, similar limitations/problems appear regarding every filesharing option you might choose

be as it may, its useful to have competent alternatives in case your main sources fail to deliver as they're expected (to)
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    0/20 13/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss23
    Quote Originally Posted by slikrapid View Post
    its not necessary to pay (by paying you get premium service/benefits), however the 'free usenet' alternatives are few and very limited (retention limits, speed limits, fluctuating speed, transfer limits, binaries coverage, account/connectivity limits, etc.) - on the other hand, similar limitations/problems appear regarding every filesharing option you might choose

be as it may, its useful to have competent alternatives in case your main sources fail to deliver as they're expected (to)
    I read an article on site here in my country about Usenet and they did not talk about being free, in which case I'll take a chance.
    :)
    Thanks

People see the necessity of payment and they say nah...

I always kinda group those kind of people as those
    who use trackers or forums or whatever and WILL never
    DONATE.

I am not stereotyping just some if not majority.
    Thanks

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345