+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Al Jazeera English: US denies 'Haiti occupation'

Retired Seal
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss2079

Al Jazeera English: US denies 'Haiti occupation'

After I finished reading the article, I couldn't help but think of this entire event being reminiscent of what happened in Iraq after the US stormed in and were, initially, seen as saviors. But after-wards, were seen as invaders.

Remember that time??
    Remember how initially the US was seen as being all great and godly and being the hero of the day?
    And then after-wards were identified as overlords in Iraq??

It's similar, yet also completely different now. There's more of a rush to things I'm beginning to think.

Let's give the news a chance to be read, shall we??

The US is prepared to "augment" UN and Haitian government forces if they need help with security, but has denied its military has taken charge of the earthquake-devastated Caribbean nation
    Firstly, with about 13,000 troops on an island, why need more troops and security to 'augument' the security that's already there??

Augmentation means to lend additional support to; it means to make larger; enlarge in size, number, strength, or extent DEFINITION LINK

Seriously.
    Why have more security that involves the display and potential use of guns. The only reason that an army that is supposedly there to display and show guns is to prevent uprising or armed conflict in this scenario, yes??

I can understand there being violence and potential fighting in the streets over food shortage and housing shortage, but what I think is most important in this: as was reported with Iraq, is that electricity and other very basic needs were not initialized and hence, fighting against the US occupation in Iraq. Could this be a repeat if things are not looked after accordingly??

To take over the place militarily is another thing.

and another thing: Who says that Haiti would need help with security over real help in helping it's people getting over this earthquake??
    Is there some kind of an insurrection in Haiti or something that would call for more guns and troops??

Last I heard, there was an earthquake that destroyed tonnes of homes and killed thousands upon thousands or people.

.....a spokesman for the US state department, rejected suggestions said that US military needs were taking priority over the needs of quake survivors............
    "The democratically-elected government of Haiti is in charge," he said.
    It doesn't seem like it when the US has taken priority at the airport for it's military planes and refused landing ( for example ) of a Mexican air supply plane as made clear in one of my other news posts with a Video from AJE.

LIke this here as an example:

His comments followed criticism from foreign governments and aid groups that the US has prioritised military needs instead of humanitarian ones after taking over operations at the Haitian capital's airport.
    I still don't understand who gave them the rights to the airport.

They must have given themselves that right to take over the airport, I guess.

"This is an international effort, the US is not in charge here, the government of Haiti is in charge, the UN is in charge - we're supporting them."
    That is propaganda meant to appease and falsly assure anybody that the US is there on reasons to 'help'.
    Ya right.

.....Hugo Chavez, the Venezuelan president, accused the US military of occupying Haiti and said Daniel Ortega, the Nicaraguan president, was also concerned about the US deployment.............
    "It appears that the United States is occupying Haiti militarily, taking advantage of the tragedy,"
    By George!!...I think his right.

Except he's also wrong on a couple of fronts. He's neglecting that the World Bank and other 'nice' guys will be there for the real take-over. Ensuring that Haiti is saddled with another 100 year long debt and so forth.

He's also neglecting the idea/ fact that the US is most likely being led to do this by an oligarchical group of bankers, international corporate leaders, and probably people from the Bilderberg Club all hawking in the background.
    That's my opinion.

Nearly 13,000 US troops will be sent to the area,.....
    .... to augment the active armed forces of the United States for the effective conduct of operational missions, including those involving humanitarian assistance, related to relief efforts in Haiti....
    to augment an occupation, is what I think that is meant by.
    KInd of what happened in Iraq??
    Remember...??
    Like I say...it' just sounds reminiscent of past events and times.

And it doesn't matter who is in office. The goals are one and the same.

Even presidents in office have their bosses. And it ain't the electing population, either.

Here's the link to all the falsified information that gets spit out of the US's big mouth.

Last edited by SealLion; 19.01.10 at 05:27.
    "God, from the mount Sinai
    whose grey top shall tremble,
    He descending, will Himself,
    in thunder, lightning, and loud trumpet’s sound,
    ordain them laws".

John Milton (1608-1674) in Paradise Lost

Ripley's SealLion's Believe it or Not! ~ NASCAR car crashes and Windows have just one thing in common.
    Oh, oh. Better use LINUX.
    Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
    Thanks

2. Who Said Thanks:

kazuya (22.01.10) , Nobody (22.01.10) , saebrtooth (21.01.10) , slikrapid (19.01.10)

P2P Client
    sbi finest
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss3125
    The US is prepared to "augment" UN and Haitian government forces if they need help with security
    here is a hint maybe at what it means to augment an existing force at haiti, see the role of the UN & haitian local police in harassing the people & keeping an isolation border towards those who demand a return of their hijacked country from the hands of foreigners (UN) & the current puppet government controlled by foreign new-age colonizers (usa, france & canada are being mentioned, with the first two having the most responsibility for the current situation)

Haiti - Nou Pito Mouri Kampe (We Would Rather Die Standing)

This is a documentary about the ongoing violence in Cite Soleil in Haiti and the brutal & sensless murder of it's people by the MINUSTAH (Mission des Nations Unies pour la stabilisation en Haïti) (Translation: United Nations Stabilization Mission In Haiti)
    WARNING: VERY GRAPHIC IMAGES OF KILLED MEN, WOMEN & CHILDREN.
    Code:
    http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=7903623001730810789&hl=en#
    And 3,000 bandits escaped from prison. This gives you an idea of how bad the situation is," said Preval, who has already given the US military control over the airport.
    another excuse? you can see from the movie that their idea of bandits seems to range from civilians to political prisoners

there was a comment before, something like 'what are those soldiers still waiting on the ships' - looks like they waited for the next earthquake to arrive, as if there was an already existing information about this possibility - to have one earthquake (in 50+ years) is suspicious, but how about 2 or 3 in the same area, similar in magnitude - hardly a coincidence, more like another testing ground on live subjects in real situations
    Thanks

4. Who Said Thanks:

kazuya (22.01.10) , Nobody (22.01.10) , saebrtooth (22.01.10) , SealLion (22.01.10)

Retired Seal
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss2079
    I'll have a look at your links later, slik as I think that I would like to definitly watch the google video.
    I am actually really surprised that Canucks are in Haiti. I really didn't expect that, let alone learn of that this week.
    I saw one on the front page this week with a gun lapped in his arm with a girl in the forground as well.
    It really made me wonder why the use of guns.

I can understand about keeping the peace and ensuring that people dont become looters overnight, but really, ....if any country want's to help this island country, in my mind, one of the first things to do is get the Haitians food, water, and shelter. Never mind security.
    Having to set up security only postpones genuine aid and eventually, there'll be a situation very much like in Iraq where the people revolted against their former 'saviors' and carried out their anger at not being looked after correctly and in an orderly fashion by re-establishing infrastructure and other essentials by their so called 'saviors', which obviously became the nation's occupiers for wealth.

But that's all being said on the premise that there isn't a genuine cover up of the events taking place by the countries involved in Haiti.
    "God, from the mount Sinai
    whose grey top shall tremble,
    He descending, will Himself,
    in thunder, lightning, and loud trumpet’s sound,
    ordain them laws".

John Milton (1608-1674) in Paradise Lost

Ripley's SealLion's Believe it or Not! ~ NASCAR car crashes and Windows have just one thing in common.
    Oh, oh. Better use LINUX.
    Thanks

6. Who Said Thanks:

Nobody (22.01.10) , saebrtooth (22.01.10)

Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss205
    The U.S. is full of villains, there's no denying that.

And I realize this type of thing happened in Iraq, but accusing the U.S. of occupying a country in distress in order to line our financial pockets runs a bit too close to knee-twitching paranoia to me, especially this early in the game considering what we know. Keep in mind your news source. While Al Jazeera is a very reputable source, they cater to their own clientele who have gone through the the worst throes of a U.S. occupation. They've gotta pay the bills. Catchy headlines sell papers. Just like the U.S. papers passively pigeon-hole anyone from an Arab country, I don't doubt Al Jazeera would do the same to us.

Anyway... Port-au-Prince is the center of the country. There isn't much outside of that city, which makes it a unique target for disasters. Coordinating recovery efforts when all your government structures have mostly been leveled is a unique challenge. It was widely reported that this is why it's taken so long for recovery efforts to get underway. And it's also been reported that this is why other country's have stepped in to fill this apparent void.

But I do think that the U.S. has overstepped it's bounds. We usually do. We're dicks like that.
    Thanks

8. Who Said Thanks:

SealLion (22.01.10)

+ Reply to Thread