Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: [Tutorial about RatioMaster 1.9.0] All settings explained

Activity Longevity
    7/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssss39410

Post [Tutorial about RatioMaster 1.9.0] All settings explained

Hi,

Superbums made an RM tutorial in the past, but with all the recent new versions and deletion of the pics by the image hoster it grew outdated, and so I decided to write a new one.

So, what is the RatioMaster? I'll quote its readme file:
    RatioMaster is an application designed for spoofing uploads on BitTorrent trackers. It connects to a tracker and behaves like a normal BitTorrent client, but without actually uploading to / downloading from other peers in the swarm. It reports to the tracker that it's uploading (or downloading or both, it's your choice) at a certain rate, thus making it useful for artificially increasing your ratio on certain sites that track a user's overall ratio (total uploaded/total downloaded).
    In this tutorial you will learn what all the settings in RM 1.9.0 do, and be given tips for correct usage. Remember the program stores some options on a per-torrent basis.

1. the UI's language. The RM comes bundled with a variety of language files, so you can choose yours here. If it isn't listed, you can take the 1english.lng file and translate it.

2. the path to the torrent file you're going to use to cheat. You can type it manually or click "Browse..." to find it. Also, a list of the most recently used ones is kept, so you can click the ▼-button to quickly load any of those.

3a. the tracker's announce URL.
    3b. the torrent's SHA hash.
    3c. the torrent's full size.

You don't need to type the first two values, they're loaded from the .torrent file.

4a. the fake upload speed that's going to be reported to the tracker.
    4b. the fake download speed that's going to be reported to the tracker.
    4c. the finished % that's going to be reported to the tracker.

You can use decimal values, but make sure you don't mix commas and dots up. Use the decimal separator set in your Windows locale settings.

4d. this will automatically stop the torrent after a certain condition is given:
    • "Do not stop": self-explanatory, won't stop the torrent. (Default)
    • "Uploaded": you've uploaded more than X KB/MB/GB.
    • "Downloaded": you've downloaded more than X KB/MB/GB.
    • "Time": after more than X seconds/minutes/hours have passed.

X being the value you set.

5a. the total amount of upload that's been faked during the current session.
    5b. the total amount of download that's been faked during the current session.
    5c. the amount of time that has passed since you started the torrent.
    5d. the amount of time left until the next tracker update. Most trackers use intervals of 30 or 45 minutes. If the tracker doesn't return one, the value at Network -> Tracker Update Interval is used.
    5e. forces a manual tracker update. Don't use unless necessary.
    5f. the total amount of seeders on the torrent.
    5g. the total amount of leechers on the torrent.

Some trackers may not show the last two unless Network -> Get Seeders/Leechers Stats is enabled.

6a. resets the uploaded, downloaded and finished % counters to 0. Very useful if you've made a mistake when typing and the amount of fake upload has grown to enormous proportions, for example. Careful, it doesn't ask for confirmation before proceeding.
    6b. starts the torrent.
    6c. stops the torrent.
    6d. had enough cheating for today? Use this to exit.

7a. you can choose the BitTorrent client the RM will emulate from this list.
    7b. opens the memory reader.
    7c. if this is ticked, the RM will generate new peer_id and key values every time you start it. Otherwise, it'll remember those from the last run.

8a. the peer_id that will be reported to the tracker. A peer_id is a 20-byte unique string that identifies your client to the tracker and peers. In the RM's case, only the former applies.
    8b. the key value that will be reported to the tracker. A key is a random string used to "reinforce" a client's identification should the computer's IP change.
    8c. the port for incoming connections that will be sent to the tracker. This is also the one the RM will listen on if Network -> Enable TCP Listener is ticked.
    8d. the numwant value that will be reported to the tracker. It indicates how many peers the tracker should return on its response. Different clients will use different values. The RM will automatically report this as 0 when stopping the torrent.

9a. when ticked, a new speed (between the two values you set) will be set for your fake upload on each tracker update.
    9b. when ticked, a new speed (between the two values you set) will be set for your fake download on each tracker update.

Since faking at the exact same speeds for a long time is suspicious, I recommend you enable these.

10a. will show a balloon with the tracker's hostname, uploaded and downloaded amounts, time left and duration of this session when you hover your mouse cursor over the tray icon:

10b. will automatically check for new versions every time the RM is started.
    10c. will minimize the RM to a tray icon instead of the taskbar when you click the "_" button in the titlebar.

11a. lets you choose the type of proxy you're going to use, if any:
    • "None": self-explanatory. Won't use a proxy.
    • SOCKS4, SOCKS4a, SOCKS5: for SOCKS type proxies. More info here.
    • HTTP (CONNECT): for HTTP proxies that support the CONNECT method (required for HTTPS trackers).
    • HTTP: for HTTP proxies that do not support the CONNECT method.

11b. the proxy's hostname. For example: proxy.example.com
    11c. the proxy's port. For example: 80
    11d. the proxy's username.
    11e. the proxy's password.

The last two are only necessary if the proxy requires authentication.

12a. the update interval used when the tracker doesn't return one, in seconds. Don't touch this.
    12b. ticking this makes the RM listen on the port you've set, and thus make you appear as connectable on the tracker's side. It's recommended to enable this unless you're keeping your real client running on the same port.
    12c. gets the amount of seeders and leechers to the tracker via scraping. Tick this if the tracker doesn't return them with this disabled and you'd like to see them.
    12d. will stop faking when the amount of leechers is lower than the number you set. This won't work if the tracker doesn't return the seeder/leecher counts and doesn't support scraping, and isn't 100% accurate when it does, so don't over-rely on it.
    12e. ignores the tracker's "failure reason" sent when something's wrong, and keeps on faking. Not recommended.
    12f. ignores tracker connection errors and keeps on faking. Not recommended unless you're having constant timeouts.
    12g. selects the IP the RM will bind to. Only necessary if you have more than one network adapter.
    12h. saves the peerlist delivered by the tracker as a text file named peerlist_(Torrent_name_here).txt inside the PeerLists folder.
    12i. uses UPnP to forward the port you chose. Only necessary if you have a router that supports this feature and haven't forwarded your ports.

13. lets you test your network settings. If everything's OK, you should get a message box reading:
    Connected successfully. Current RatioMaster network settings appear to be working.

14a. enables or disables logging to the log window.
    14b. lets you save the log as a text file.
    14c. clears the log window.

15a. checks for updates for your current client and language files.
    15b. downloads and installs the ones you've ticked in the update window.

RatioMaster Rules

1. Always use the memory reader.
    2. Don't leech/seed the same torrent you're cheating on.
    3. Always emulate the same client you're running.
    4. Keep the RM and client files up-to-date.
    5. Don't leave the RM faking at high speeds for long periods of time, specially if you aren't there to control things.
    6a. Torrents with many active leechers are the best for cheating. Which leads us to...
    6b. Avoid packs. Always make sure you don't fake on torrents with partial seeders.

Thanks to kruk for collecting these. There are also more tips on the RM's readme file:
    Spoiler Click >>>:
    • First of all, don't use very high upload speeds. Some trackers check sessions for very big upload rates. Using a 6 MB/s upload rate when your IP belongs to an ISP who only has a 512 kbps plan is plain stupid. Check the moofdev forums on more info on maximum safe speeds reached by other users on different trackers.
    • Never spoof uploads on a tracker with few peers. If there are only 2 leechers and they're downloading at a maximum of 300 kB/s, and you're spoofing an upload of 2 MB/s, it will look suspicious.
    • Keep the software up-to-date. Sometimes bugs are found that may get you banned on sites. RatioMaster includes an automatic version checker and will notify you when a new version is released. Update!
    • If you're going to take part in discussions on the moofdev forums, or other forums that deal with this sort of software, don't use the same username you use on trackers. We've had instances of tracker admins visiting the forums to see whether any of our users were members on their trackers and... well, you can assume what happened next.
    • Read the forums. Sometimes users will report that a certain tracker simply cannot be fooled. It's better to stay informed than be banned on your favourite tracker.
    • Last, but not least, only spoof when you NEED to. By cheating on a torrent, you're disrupting the swarm and going against the spirit of p2p. Unless you really need to increase your ratio and there's no better way (short of paying money - pay2leech trackers are a lot worse than cheating peers), don't cheat.

FAQ

Q: What are the best settings?
    A: I'll quote myself from the Extreme Mod tutorial:
    There are no "best settings". It all depends on the tracker. Those that work just fine at one may get you banned at another. See http://www.sb-innovation.de/showthread.php?t=19749, look up the thread for yours, and read carefully.
    Q: What does the memory reader do?
    A: It extracts identification values from a real client. Under most circumstances, using it is a must before cheating on any tracker. I won't tell you how to use it, since we already have a thread about that at http://www.sb-innovation.de/showthread.php?t=13739

Q: What is the Waffles method?
    A: It's a cheating method consisting on faking at a high speed, stopping before the update, resuming with very low speeds and seeding as much as you can. You can read the full explanation at http://www.sb-innovation.de/showthread.php?t=12494

Q: What are client files, and how do I get them?
    A: Client files are renamed XML files that "tell" the RM the announce formatting, HTTP headers, peer_id and key format, etc. it needs to know to fully emulate a BitTorrent client. As new versions of BitTorrent clients come out, you can get their respective client files in this forum.

Q: Is there a way to run more than one torrent per instance?
    A: No, but you can use RMeX's Manager to keep track of multiple RM instances.

Q: Will running the RM along my torrent client make downloads faster?
    A: No, and you risk getting banned when doing that if you don't use the memory reader or cheat on the same torrent you're leeching/seeding.

Q: I get an error when starting the program, and nothing happens afterwards.
    A: You need the .NET Framework installed to use it. Get it here.

Q: Is this the same as RatioMaster Plus?
    A: No, RatioMaster Plus is a completely different program. This is the original project that inspired it.

Q: I have a suggestion/question that isn't listed here...
    A: Post it here and we'll reply.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."
    Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
    Thanks

2. Who Said Thanks:

cloud99 (19.05.17) , Lucius (26.07.14) , sann (20.03.13) , Leuzre (18.10.12) , Jordan (16.03.12) , san203 (16.02.12) , fender94 (13.11.11) , abc_321 (16.05.11) , handakes (07.04.11) , proximatelyfake (28.12.10) , Maxor (20.11.10) , ErRor (02.11.10) , CHscx (21.10.10) , anonymoose (21.08.10) , kmzz (25.07.10) , hellman (20.07.10) , Extraterrestrial (15.07.10) , Juliancho (14.07.10) , Vuze-Sbi (22.06.10) , Paranormal (11.06.10) , sudar02 (07.05.10) , thecoolest (03.05.10) , (28.04.10) , Haggar (07.03.10) , Dynamic (28.02.10) , bloodpain (22.02.10) , Blocker (19.02.10) , Horace83 (17.02.10) , Krazyivan (12.02.10) , Nokki (04.02.10) , mmmmm (03.02.10) , Collector (27.01.10) , blueray (27.01.10) , abookhalil (25.01.10) , vvtwx (25.01.10) , Mihai (22.01.10) , MacGyver (20.01.10) , SBfreak (19.01.10) , Instab (18.01.10) , saebrtooth (18.01.10) , cheatos (18.01.10) , hbk (18.01.10) , alpacino (18.01.10) , SealLion (18.01.10) , anonftw (18.01.10) , capito (18.01.10) , RUBBER (18.01.10) , shoulder (18.01.10) , GotIt (18.01.10)

P2P Client
    Vuzemaster
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 17/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss303
    So this was the sticky you were talking about... I can't believe it, and I can't thank you enough

But a question, when you use 'stop process after uploaded/downloaded' does it stop, and not show you in the peerlist, or does it do a manual update as well?

Again, I love you anon
    Last edited by GotIt; 18.01.10 at 00:30.
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    7/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssss39410
    But a question, when you use 'stop process after uploaded/downloaded' does it stop, and not show you in the peerlist, or does it do a manual update as well?
    It stops the torrent, thus not showing you in the peerlist.
    Thanks

5. Who Said Thanks:

engkuhs (11.12.14) , saebrtooth (18.01.10) , GotIt (18.01.10) , Se7Ven (18.01.10)

P2P Client
    An eMule & VEM
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss2150
    As my currrent status is non-memeber, when using Vuze v4.3.0.5, (figure 7a) which client simulation am I to use in the Client Simulation? And if having become a member and the latest Vuze Extreme mod was avaliable to me, which one should I choose in RM's Client Simulation as in both cases I cannot seem to find the exact "Vuze SBI - Fuck You Seba" Mod corresponding version number.

Or would it be the case that Ratio Master can use the Perfect Spoof built into Vuze Extreme?

I will answer this post in a few hrs cos I need to do sth

Thanks in advance for any answers :)
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    7/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssss39410
    Quote Originally Posted by saebrtooth View Post
    As my currrent status is non-memeber, when using Vuze v4.3.0.5, (figure 7a) which client simulation am I to use in the Client Simulation?
    4.3.0.4. As a little gift I have attached its client file here.

And if having become a member and the latest Vuze Extreme mod was avaliable to me, which one should I choose in RM's Client Simulation
    Well, that mod is based on the 4.3.0.7 CVS core, so you'd need to choose 4.3.0.6. If I remember correctly, the client file for that is Members-only.

Or would it be the case that Ratio Master can use the Perfect Spoof built into Vuze Extreme?
    The RM can't "use" the spoof. If you're spoofing, say, uTorrent in the Extreme Mod, in theory you could use the memory reader on it if you choose a client emulation for the same build, but I don't recommend this.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Thanks

8. Who Said Thanks:

saebrtooth (18.01.10)

P2P Client
    An eMule & VEM
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss2150
    Thanks anon I was really beginning to think to myself, I know Im a noob but man why is this 'choosing of the correct emulation' so damned difficult.

Ah, if I may, just one more question that you may enlighten me. Is there a rule of sorts when using RM to choose the correct or appropriate client emulation that correstponds to the BT client we are using when the exact BT client's version is not listed in the Client Simulation field under Advanced?

ie maybe how far can the version numbers be apart to be usable. Or is it the case that there are peculiarities in each BT client version that a table reference known only to the programmer are used?

Thanks again anon. I would +1 but I cant cos you were the last one I plused
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    7/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssss39410
    Quote Originally Posted by saebrtooth View Post
    Ah, if I may, just one more question that you may enlighten me. Is there a rule of sorts when using RM to choose the correct or appropriate client emulation that correstponds to the BT client we are using when the exact BT client's version is not listed in the Client Simulation field under Advanced?
    RM Rule number 3

You can use a different client emulation for every tracker if you want, but it's then easy to mix things up. It's better to emulate what you're using to download for real.

ie maybe how far can the version numbers be apart to be usable. Or is it the case that there are peculiarities in each BT client version that a table reference known only to the programmer are used?
    The peer_id prefix and User-Agent change from version to version, so you can't "reuse" client files - at least not without modifying them...
    Thanks

11. Who Said Thanks:

saebrtooth (19.01.10)

P2P Client
    utorrent
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 17/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssssss2
    Hi all
    I found this site and started to like it :)
    I have read this post and thanks a lot it was sooo helpful
    but i have a little question
    how to run more than one ratio master
    i searched for RMEX's manger but couldn't find any info about it
    so plz send a link to the homepage of this program and if possible a little tutorial
    thanks in advance
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mr_byte31 View Post
    Hi all
    I found this site and started to like it :)
    I have read this post and thanks a lot it was sooo helpful
    but i have a little question
    how to run more than one ratio master
    i searched for RMEX's manger but couldn't find any info about it
    so plz send a link to the homepage of this program and if possible a little tutorial
    thanks in advance
    Welcome.Here's a link to RMEXv2-->
    http://www.sb-innovation.de/showthre...187#post157569
    There's no need for tutorial.If you used Ratio Master before you can use RMEX too without any problems.
    Thanks

14. Who Said Thanks:

mr_byte31 (22.01.10)

P2P Client
    utorrent
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 17/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssssss2
    thanks man very very much
    I found NRPG ratiomaster 0.41 what is the difference between it and RMEX manger
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    7/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssss39410
    Quote Originally Posted by mr_byte31 View Post
    I found NRPG ratiomaster 0.41 what is the difference between it and RMEX manger
    NRPG is a fully-featured ratio tool, but it hasn't been updated for a long time and so is detectable. RMeX extends the RM's capabilities.
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    0/20 17/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss84
    guys the only problem with tools such as rf and gt that if i pause or stop torrent my stats are not updated correctly !
    see this for refrence Download reported Incorect
    so can i over come this bug with rm ??????
    thanks !
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    7/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssss39410
    RM is a totally different kind of tool, it doesn't even connect to peers so it should be safe.
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    0/20 17/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss84
    thanks for such a nice and detailed tutorial , so rm do not even download the torrent ?
    i want to download the torrent too how can i download and cheat with rm simultaneously ?

how to use this with ut stats in rm shows downloded o mB and uploaded 15 mB ?
    Last edited by cooldude; 21.02.10 at 00:41.
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    7/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssss39410
    Quote Originally Posted by cooldude View Post
    i want to download the torrent too how can i download and cheat with rm simultaneously ?
    You don't. You have to stop the torrent in your client first. Also make you don't forget the memory reader and the finished % is set correctly.
    Thanks

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast