+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Al Jazeera English: VIDEO: Disputes over Haiti aid control

Retired Seal
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss2079

Al Jazeera English: VIDEO: Disputes over Haiti aid control

I could not believe the S**t that I heard being reported on why the UN and US troops are in Haiti.
    My ears were literally stunned out of hearing.

Al Jazeera, IMO, makes a decent report on why the UN supported troops are there and contradicts such reasons with an interview with one of the Haitian persons there stating, that 'we are a peaceful people. We don't want guns. We are a traumatized people'.

No kidding!!

Seriously. . It's only 3 mins long and watch the soldiers with guns and hear the what one of the Haitians says to contradict some legit reason why soldiers are there with helicopter gun-ships, soldiers with machine guns and so forth.

This is not about protecting the people there.
    This has got to be more than just protecting. It's more about controlling an entire island nation and placing it right under your thumb.
    Squeeze it for all it's worth.

It is five days since a devastating earthquake struck Haiti spreading fear and misery across an already fragile nation.

After a relatively slow start, US forces appear to be taking the lead in organising international aid efforts on the ground
    I mentioned before in one of my other news posts questioning why the US was sending a war ship to the area. Now I know.
    Part and parcel for the island control effort.

In the video, they mention that the US has taken control over an area of the island outside of one of the major metro areas. Rather than it look more like a scene for aid distribution it's an area of war preparedness or something.

What do you need heavily armed soldier guarding the entrances of places??
    What...is the food going to animate being alive and have a revolt or something??

Why is food piling up at the airport as depicted ( and later on reported of in the video) in the image below??

The video also makes mention of people being locked out of supplies of food and water
    Why??

who gave the US permission to lead an armed troop landing on that island anyways??....I suspect nobody did. They invited themselves to behave like that...with guns drawn and a jingoistic attitude.

jin·go·ism
    (jĭng'gō-ĭz'əm)
    n. Extreme nationalism characterized especially by a belligerent foreign policy...........DEFINITION LINK
    apparantly, a Mexican aircraft tried to land to give aid materials and were told that they couldn't land??
    Why??

The UN ( and US ) isn't an organization to help the poor and lonely. Balderdash!!

There is no war in Haiti, folks. What do you need guns and ammo for in an area that is hit by a natural disaster??
    You don't.
    Plain and simply put.

Is Haiti and other smaller states an example, and an experiment, of future policies??
    I'm beginning to believe that more and more.

Hear an interview on the video with one of the former Haitian parliamentary ministers try to explain that the US is there for it's own agenda.

Here's the link:

Last edited by SealLion; 17.01.10 at 20:11.
    "God, from the mount Sinai
    whose grey top shall tremble,
    He descending, will Himself,
    in thunder, lightning, and loud trumpet’s sound,
    ordain them laws".

John Milton (1608-1674) in Paradise Lost

Ripley's SealLion's Believe it or Not! ~ NASCAR car crashes and Windows have just one thing in common.
    Oh, oh. Better use LINUX.
    Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
    Thanks

2. Who Said Thanks:

saebrtooth (18.01.10) , slikrapid (17.01.10)

P2P Client
    sbi finest
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss3125
    It's only 3 mins long and watch the soldiers with guns and hear the what one of the Haitians says to contradict some legit reason why soldiers are there with helicopter gun-ships, soldiers with machine guns and so forth.
    indeed, this is not how a humanitarian action should look like, its more like a preparation for crowd or riot control, no aid distribution, no help with clearing the rubble, just more & more armed troops arriving

a video criticizing these events:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q8hK1FjQyEg"]YouTube- US set Haiti up for disaster[/ame]

a historical aspect on the events leading to haitian current situation:

Haiti: U.S. Puppets, Intrigues and Dreams of Sweatshops

corporate interests:

the U.S. ambassador to Haiti defended the exclusion of the Lavalas party saying simply that their participation would have frightened U.S. investors and denied Haiti what might be its last chance at economic investment. Rarely have I seen the mood and desires of specific capitalists so openly given as the reason for suppressing electoral democracy in the Third World.
    usa kidnapping the haitian president:

when US Ambassador James Foley, a career diplomat, arrived at the house of President Jean-Bertrand Aristide with a bunch of CIA thugs and US Marines to kidnap the president of Haiti and his wife.

The Aristides were stowed aboard a CIA plane normally used for ‘renditions’ of suspected terrorists to the worldwide US gulag of dungeons and torture chambers.

The plane, on which the Aristides are listed as “cargo”, flew to Antigua – an hour away – and remained on the ground in Antigua while Colin Powell’s State Department and the CIA tried to blackmail and bribe various African countries to accept (“give asylum to”) the kidnapped president and his wife.

The Americans had decided to invade Haiti to collect debts owed by Haiti to Citibank.
    a military insider's view:

General Smedley Butler, the only American soldier to have twice won the Congressional Medal of Honour, described his role in the US Army:

“I helped make Mexico safe for American oil interests in 1914. I helped make Haiti and Cuba a decent place for the National City Bank boys to collect revenues in. I helped in the raping of half-a-dozen Central American republics for the benefits of Wall Street. The record of racketeering is long.”

“I suspected I was just part of a racket at the time. Now I am sure of it. … My mental faculties remained in suspended animation while I obeyed the orders of higher-ups. This is typical in the military service.”
    french colonial role:

The French demanded, essentially, that the Haitians pay France an amount equivalent to 90 per cent of the entire Haitian budget for the foreseeable future. When this commitment proved too arduous to honour, the City Bank offered the Haitians a ‘debt exchange”, paying off the French in exchange for a lower-interest, longer-term debt. The terms may have seemed better but were just as usurious and it was not paid off until 1947.
    role of the catholic church:

As Marguerite Laurent (EziliDanto) writes: Don’t expect to learn how a people with a Vodun culture that reveres nature and especially the Mapou (oak-like or ceiba pendantra/bombax) trees, and other such big trees as the abode of living entities and therefore as sacred things, were forced to watch the Catholic Church, during Rejete – the violent anti-Vodun crusade – gather whole communities at gunpoint into public squares, and forced them to watch their agents burn Haitian trees in order to teach Haitians their Vodun Gods were not in nature, that the trees were the “houses of Satan”.
    Code:
    http://kasamaproject.org/2010/01/17/haiti-u-s-puppets-intrigues-and-dreams-of-sweatshops/
    Thanks

4. Who Said Thanks:

saebrtooth (18.01.10) , SealLion (17.01.10)

Retired Seal
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss2079
    extremely interesting is how I respond to this.

So the banking cartels are involved. That makes more sense now.

YOu know, I didn't like the reporter interupting her guest. I found that quite rude as I was just beginning to gain interest in the historical aspects of Haiti's relationship with France and the US and how Haiti, after the 1800's, finally managed to pay of it's debt to the US, having finally paid off it's debt after 100 years. .
    Financial control??
    Oh, ya. For sure.
    The US gaining a foothold via it's invasion of Haiti and supporting various oligarchies in that island nation.

But that is what the international banking cartels and organizations want anyways. Regardless if your an individual or a nation. The banks WILL gain control.

The banks and others in the international oligarchy can't wait for more and more domination to come.

Another thing that I didn't like about this reporter is how she completely put to the side, the interviewee's perspective as if it was a thing of his imagination.

I had a feeling that she wasn't very receptive and most obviously was blind to some of the things that are really occurring in the world.

There seems to be an underlying theme in a lot of things in which the international banking cartels and oligarchical organizations, the US and the UN, are involved in on an international scale.
    The theme is always the same: ownership and puppeteer-ship.

I think that the person being interviewed was completely correct when he mentioned about the US being a Kleptocracy.
    Much like the definition that I gave above about the US being a jingoistic nation.

I would hope that at least some of the people in the US who had watched that program were a little more open-minded and potentially receptive to what he said and the 'black-agenda' that he mentioned.

Most people that I have talked to (with a few exceptions, of/c) are completely blind and of a non-understanding attitude of world events and actions occurring.

what I also don't like is the complete disregard of culture by the Catholic Church of the Haitian culture and people as made clear in your quote.
    But that doesn't surprise me reading that. The Catholic Church did some damage here to the Native Canadians in schools during the early part of the last century. That's another story though.

In short, it's the colonial attitude that country's from the West have always had toward 'lower-cultured' states. Taking advantage of their resources and people. Much like King Leopold did with one African state in the 1800's, yes??
    Remember that thread and link to a great YT film??

Is there going to be a revival of colonialism after all of this in Haiti??
    I think that there will be.
    Will Haiti be saddled with a debt that will be unpayable for generations to come since the Banks own pretty much who and what they want?/
    I think so.

The saddest thing in all of this is that the people, who need the real help, aren't getting help.
    It's others who are helping themselves while they take advantage of a nation state.

What a f***king shame!!
    Last edited by SealLion; 17.01.10 at 22:41.
    ordain them laws".

Ripley's SealLion's Believe it or Not! ~ NASCAR car crashes and Windows have just one thing in common.
    Thanks

6. Who Said Thanks:

saebrtooth (18.01.10) , slikrapid (18.01.10)

P2P Client
    sbi finest
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss3125
    Quote Originally Posted by SealLion View Post
    YOu know, I didn't like the reporter interupting her guest. I found that quite rude as I was just beginning to gain interest
    yeah, thats what reporters do if they don't get what they expected (information-wise) or if its too heavy on the establishment

she insisted on 'today' & recent situation whereas one needs a bit of history to discern the trends & outcomes, its hardly possible to understand a puzzle just by watching only one piece of it

I would hope that at least some of the people in the US who had watched that program were a little more open-minded and potentially receptive
    this program (beside youtube) is airing via satellite in the usa, but as its called RT (russia today) i guess not many are viewing it there

Most people that I have talked to (with a few exceptions, of/c) are completely blind and of a non-understanding attitude of world events and actions occurring.
    well, the media sure ain't helpin', politics isn't much of an entertainment so mostly people steer away from it & just base their beliefs/views on what they are being fed with by the mainstream - though imo deep down inside they suspect/feel that something is wrong with the world (today)

what I also don't like is the complete disregard of culture by the Catholic Church of the Haitian culture and people as made clear in your quote.
    But that doesn't surprise me reading that. The Catholic Church did some damage here to the Native Canadians in schools during the early part of the last century.
    throughout history there has been a systematic destruction of ancient & indigenous cultures & religious systems with the aim of superimposing newer ones (like christianity), eliminating them from public memory as they are viewed upon as dangerous to the new ones as they contain much knowledge of the nature/universe/humans/history and essentially could prove that these new ones are only a variation/perversion (modified & censored) of that old knowledge - short term memory (piece of a puzzle) is preferred nowadays as long term one may reveal many inconvenient facts

In short, it's the colonial attitude that country's from the West have always had toward 'lower-cultured' states.
    today the so-called 'lower' cultures are viewed as primitive, but they had a much stronger spiritual connection to and understanding of this world, they respected it, had no such power/control greed/madness as today, much of their wisdom & knowledge has been lost or carefully guarded within various secret societies or abused & displayed as new(er)-age knowledge in various segments of society, and so on

Will Haiti be saddled with a debt that will be unpayable for generations to come since the Banks own pretty much who and what they want?/
    I think so.
    judging by a similar debt situation in countries throughout the world it is certainly an expected outcome
    Thanks

8. Who Said Thanks:

saebrtooth (18.01.10) , SealLion (18.01.10)

VIP
    P2P Client
    legal, illegal, scheißegal
    Activity Longevity
    1/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssss10437
    Haiti becomes from Germany a mobile hospital, and Europe donate 3 Millionen € at once.

Sarkozy from france built a Community with other Country's about help haiti for long time in future (infrastruktur).

best regards

Wer versucht zu rennen, bevor er laufen kann, kommt meistens zu Fall

stop animal experiments, take child molesters - they like pain!

Besser man bereut was man getan hat, anstatt zu bereuen das man es unterlassen hat
    Thanks

10. Who Said Thanks:

SealLion (19.01.10) , saebrtooth (18.01.10)

P2P Client
    sbi finest
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss3125
    Quote Originally Posted by Snitlev View Post
    Sarkozy from france built a Community with other Country's about help haiti for long time in future (infrastruktur).
    unfortunately the situation is not so 'innocent' as it seems at the first glance

look at the haiti-france colonial connection & the haiti 100-year debt to france - how about the french guilty conscience for the years of exploitation? and there's much more if you dig for information through the past

are there improvements from years of humanitarian aid that went into haiti?

today every government will talk about how the haiti needs world support, but where were they during all these years of haiti's population abuse?

convenient global long-term memory loss, i tell you
    Thanks

12. Who Said Thanks:

Snitlev (19.01.10) , saebrtooth (19.01.10) , SealLion (19.01.10)

Retired Seal
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss2079
    Yes. There's a lot of historical placement in all of these things. History, I guess has a way of attaching itself to the present.
    ordain them laws".

Thanks

14. Who Said Thanks:

Snitlev (19.01.10) , saebrtooth (19.01.10)

P2P Client
    An eMule & VEM
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss2150
    In the past weapons equalled power but weapons cannot hold a candle to money and the power it can affect.

the Governance of politics become ineffetive when it has to kowtow to ruling busines and not the public at large.

What was that saying? If you cant beat them join them? Not to say create a multi-national conglomerate that can dictate terms to countries but to play their game. Play their game of money either to beat them or not contribute to them.

Take away to teeth of a tiger and it becomes a mere kitten.

Am I the only crazy dreamer here or are there others on this ahem, leecher forum aka anti-anti establishment forum who thinks strange things that anything is possible?

stanley meyer - Google Videos
    Directory:Stanley Meyer - PESWiki

bedini - Google Videos
    Directory:Bedini SG - PESWiki
    Thanks

16. Who Said Thanks:

slikrapid (19.01.10) , SealLion (19.01.10)

Retired Seal
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss2079
    YOur not the only one saebrtooth. Slik is probably one of the more intelligent ones on the board with respect to topics such as these.
    'Join us anytime.
    Last edited by SealLion; 19.01.10 at 05:52.
    ordain them laws".

Thanks

18. Who Said Thanks:

slikrapid (19.01.10) , saebrtooth (19.01.10)

VIP
    P2P Client
    legal, illegal, scheißegal
    Activity Longevity
    1/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssss10437
    Yes the history for long time (colonial) France was the colonial power of Haiti,
    but now will Brasil and france to argue about Haiti prevalence...

News:

President Sarkozy Wants Haiti G20

Unfortunately for Sakozy everyone know that he is a racist and a con artist and should not be trusted no matter what he says.( a racist regardless of his dark skin and Greek ancestry.) We Haitians should judge those world leaders by their actions not what they say; for actions speak louder than words.
    If the Haitian Government make the mistake of letting those French into our country again or giving them any mineral rights, (code name: to rob us blind and pollute and poison our people so they can get rich) our people will pay dearly for generations.
    Spoiler Red Alert to All Haitians on this Planet::
    President Sarkozy wants to "develop or modernize Haiti" in exchange for the get this: The island of La Gonave as a French base for 25 years and the mineral rights all over Haiti.

read the full News: Red Alert: President Sarkozy Wants Haiti G20

I think this Country needs at first helping: Medicine, Food, Water, Security and New Buildings...

best regards

Wer versucht zu rennen, bevor er laufen kann, kommt meistens zu Fall

stop animal experiments, take child molesters - they like pain!

Besser man bereut was man getan hat, anstatt zu bereuen das man es unterlassen hat
    Thanks

20. Who Said Thanks:

slikrapid (19.01.10) , saebrtooth (19.01.10) , SealLion (19.01.10)

Retired Seal
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss2079
    definitly that country needs some real help.

The kind of help that should be given in a time of need. Like right now!!

But it's not in the long term interests of the international corporate elite and others to do so.
    It's much like in Africa.

Keep the nations poor and undeveloped and suck them dry for all they''ve got.

Take and keep the minerals, the agricultural lands for exportation of produce to the home country that is developing and using the agriculturally based lands.

and all in the mean-while, the African natives remain impoverished and unable to feed themselves because the best agricultural land was taken from them under the guise of developing it for them.

That is much like what China is doing to a few of the African states there now: Using the agriculturally based lands and exporting the grown produce back home to the mother country.

It's a similiar story in Haiti right now....or is at least going to. Rip the land apart for what-ever minerals it possess ( if there are any).

Make a heavy political and beurocratic investment into Haiti to borrow funds for redevelopment of it's own country after this terrible tragedy so that it is forced to pay interest compounded for many, many years to come.
    Re-colonize the island in a different way.

Colonization hasn''t really stopped. It's only taken on a different form since the 1800's and a different face too.
    The colonizers are now just the international corporate elite . There's others too, like members of the Bilderburg Club and a host of their own friends in other places.
    Last edited by SealLion; 19.01.10 at 08:18.
    ordain them laws".

Thanks

22. Who Said Thanks:

slikrapid (19.01.10) , Snitlev (19.01.10) , saebrtooth (19.01.10)

Activity Longevity
    5/20 17/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss6661
    Quote Originally Posted by slikrapid View Post
    today every government will talk about how the haiti needs world support, but where were they during all these years of haiti's population abuse?
    exactly, it's always the same. when something bad happened everybody feels sorry and whatsöver but before and after there's not much interest.

the other problem is that most of the poor countries with corrupt governments and/or dictatorship lack investments everywhere. bad infrastructure and no early warning systems lead to the worst possible outcome.

long term measures should include a proper government. maybe with international help but the folks there cannot rely on that completely either.
    Your account has been disabled.
    Thanks

24. Who Said Thanks:

SealLion (19.01.10) , slikrapid (19.01.10) , Snitlev (19.01.10) , saebrtooth (19.01.10)

+ Reply to Thread