Closed Thread
Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Cheating on TvT.ro (freshontv)?

Activity Longevity
    0/20 16/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss533
    Quote Originally Posted by anon View Post
    There's absolutely nothing wrong with accepting donations. Running a tracker isn't free, and is (assumedly) done as a simple hobby for the benefit of its users.

It's how you handle donors that some people may have an issue with. What.cd will give you a heart icon of subjective value, two invites and some other perks, but nothing you can't get without donating, which is fine. SCC gives both upload credit (in a largely seedbox-dominated arena) and invites (which you can't get any other way) for donating, the more the better, which I personally don't like that much.
    I'm just saying that FreshON has proved that a tracker can be maintained without donations and I'm sure that many trackers can do the same and let's not forget those lame owners who beg for money.... Let's not mention those trackers that have lots of ads on them - they surely make some profit out of this.
    Thanks

2. Who Said Thanks:

(20.06.11)

P2P Client
    uTorrentRatioMaster 1.9.1
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 16/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss254
    Quote Originally Posted by THC View Post
    I'm just saying that FreshON has proved that a tracker can be maintained without donations and I'm sure that many trackers can do the same and let's not forget those lame owners who beg for money.... Let's not mention those trackers that have lots of ads on them - they surely make some profit out of this.
    How do FreshOn (based out of romania, a second world developing country that is considered to be one of the poorer second world nations) afford dedicated hosting? Does anybody happen to know? Do they have ads up on the site? I have an amazing ad blocking program that eliminates 99% of ads, so if they have banner ads, pop under ads or any other ads for that matter I will never see them.

They need to fund themselves some how, and I find it hard to believe they can afford £50 - £100 a month without external funding of some kind. Perhaps the sysop is just rich and does it for fun, but it seems like an ignorant way to ignore a potential revenue stream, so yeah to those without ad blockers - have you seen ads on FreshOn? If so that would explain how they support themselves.

I know a forum with 10-20 active members, and double digit members who visit a few times per week can easily make £25 a month off of Google Adsense based mostly on impressions with only a few clicks. A site of FreshOns size in that case could easily make triple numbers a month (say £200, for example). Then there are services with better payment rates than google adsense, but more intrusive ads... in fact when I turned off my ad blocker SB-I put this massive crappy ad over the entire page, and when I went to click "close" it forced me to click the ad (no doubt earning sb-i $1-2).
    Last edited by GymTanAndLaundry; 21.06.11 at 00:02.
    Thanks

4. Who Said Thanks:

WTF (22.06.11)

Activity Longevity
    0/20 16/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss533
    There are no ads except some tiny icons of some partner sites (docspedia - which also has no donation system, torrents.ro...).

You can easily see the irony in this: a poor country - that has no donations - and the rich countries - which all have donations.

When FreshOn's staff has been asked why they don't have a donation system while all the other trackers do, they said something like this: you'd better donate to those who are in real need: orphanages, sick/disabled people, persons who need expensive operations...
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    2/20 17/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss837
    I think the tracker is supported by some ISP - MIT and by supported I mean they own the tracker. I know plenty bulgarian IPs having their own trackers.
    Thanks

P2P Client
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 16/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss254
    Quote Originally Posted by C3PO View Post
    I think the tracker is supported by some ISP - MIT and by supported I mean they own the tracker. I know plenty bulgarian IPs having their own trackers.
    I guess they have really lax copyright laws over there then if a national ISP can get away with supplying torrents.
    Last edited by GymTanAndLaundry; 21.06.11 at 13:40.
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    0/20 16/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss533
    They are not supplying torrents, they're just hosting a website. Haven't you ever read a tracker's disclaimer?

It's not MIT's tracker by the way. Maybe the owner knows that company so they reached an agreement...
    Last edited by THC; 21.06.11 at 14:11.
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    8/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssss39439
    Quote Originally Posted by GymTanAndLaundry View Post
    in fact when I turned off my ad blocker SB-I put this massive crappy ad over the entire page, and when I went to click "close" it forced me to click the ad (no doubt earning sb-i $1-2).
    Haha, I wish it was like that. We'd get the server bills paid with just a couple dozen ad views. Sadly, not all clicks count when it comes to revenue. Depending on the country you come from, we get very little, even less, or nothing.

I clicked the ads regularly until Rebound told me clicks from my country didn't count
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    2/20 17/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss837
    Haha, I wish it was like that. We'd get the server bills paid with just a couple dozen ad views. Sadly, not all clicks count when it comes to revenue. Depending on the country you come from, we get very little, even less, or nothing.

I clicked the ads regularly until Rebound told me clicks from my country didn't count
    Which countries DO count then?
    Thanks

P2P Client
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 16/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss254
    Quote Originally Posted by THC View Post
    They are not supplying torrents, they're just hosting a website. Haven't you ever read a tracker's disclaimer?

It's not MIT's tracker by the way. Maybe the owner knows that company so they reached an agreement...
    Lol you can dress it up whichever way you want, they are facilitating torrent uploads on a semi-private and centralized level. And no, I don't read disclaimers, they're long and boring. The only thing long and boring which I do read is contractual shit that requires my signature.

Quote Originally Posted by C3PO View Post
    Which countries DO count then?
    USA and Germany usually "count" on most services (rich countries) be surprised if the UK didn't count too.

Surprised Argentina doesn't count.... they are a very wealthy 2nd world country... (richer than a lot of eastern europe, surprises me they are 2nd world.... the urban zones look more 1st world to be honest)
    Last edited by GymTanAndLaundry; 22.06.11 at 02:22.
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    8/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssss39439
    Lol you can dress it up whichever way you want, they are facilitating torrent uploads on a semi-private and centralized level.
    The point is, they're still not hosting the files, just metadata. They could and most likely would get their asses kicked, otherwise.

Surprised Argentina doesn't count.... they are a very wealthy 2nd world country... (richer than a lot of eastern europe, surprises me they are 2nd world.... the urban zones look more 1st world to be honest)
    Second world? Is that the new politically correct way to say "developing" a.k.a. "trying to climb out of this hole"?
    Thanks

P2P Client
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 16/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss254
    The point is, they're still not hosting the files, just metadata. They could and most likely would get their asses kicked, otherwise.

Second world? Is that the new politically correct way to say "developing" a.k.a. "trying to climb out of this hole"?
    Second world is a semi-archaic british term to refer to "developing" yeah. Not as rich as the developed countries, nowhere near as shit as the undeveloped. Bang in the middle. Argentina looks quite developed to me though -__-
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    8/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssss39439
    Argentina looks quite developed to me though -__-
    Yeah, we aren't the US and there are some "pending issues", but we're faring quite well.
    Thanks

P2P Client
    uToorent 1.8.0
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 17/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss22
    If I use a speed up to 900 kb when uploading with RM, will be ok?
    Thank you.
    Thanks

P2P Client
    mRatio
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 16/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss201
    Quote Originally Posted by cdevfr View Post
    If I use a speed up to 900 kb when uploading with RM, will be ok?
    Thank you.
    yes it will be ok
    but use WM
    i used speed up to 3MB/s and didn't get banned
    Thanks

17. Who Said Thanks:

cdevfr (23.06.11)

P2P Client
    uToorent 1.8.0
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 17/20
    Today Posts