+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: BrokenStones - BS

How are invites received here? What class, frequency?
    Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    0/20 16/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss533
    Power User: 4 weeks, upload 1 torrent and 50 GB, ratio above 1.05. Receives invites.
    Thanks

P2P Client
    deluge
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 11/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssssss8
    How hard it is to get an invite to this tracker.?
    I been trying to get a Mac related tracker for so long.
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    0/20 16/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss533
    Quote Originally Posted by luffy View Post
    You've got an alternative: https://mac-torrents.me/ but it's invite only atm.
    Thanks

P2P Client
    VEM
    Activity Longevity
    5/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss1606
    Quote Originally Posted by luffy View Post
    Really easy ,please check our giveaway thread out ,there are available BS invites from time to time
    Last edited by Blocker; 18.02.15 at 05:05.
    Thanks

P2P Client
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Activity Longevity
    3/20 13/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss422
    Try not to upload a lot of torrents on the same day. They will block your access to the invite forum because they think you are doing it to access the invite forum. This happened to a few users that i know.
    Thanks

7. Who Said Thanks:

Zoro (18.09.17)

Activity Longevity
    11/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssss39386
    Quote Originally Posted by H265 View Post
    Try not to upload a lot of torrents on the same day. They will block your access to the invite forum because they think you are doing it to access the invite forum.
    is all I can say.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."
    Thanks

P2P Client
    utorrent
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 9/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss23
    Does power user forum was removed?
    Thanks

P2P Client
    Vuze, QBT, Deluge
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 9/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss187
    I always wanted to be a power user to get invites, but I never managed to find anything to upload!!! Some uploaders there are so damn fast and it's hard to find other sources of macos software.

Eventually, I gave up and I ended up downloading software on behalf of 4 persons and god knows how many friends they have themselves.
    I'm a like mac os shop.
    Thanks

P2P Client
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Activity Longevity
    3/20 13/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss422
    Quote Originally Posted by molosse View Post
    I always wanted to be a power user to get invites, but I never managed to find anything to upload!!! Some uploaders there are so damn fast and it's hard to find other sources of macos software.

Eventually, I gave up and I ended up downloading software on behalf of 4 persons and god knows how many friends they have themselves.
    I'm a like mac os shop.
    It is really easy to find content to upload on brokenstones. Just go to torrentleech and browse the educational section. Upload the new releases to brokenstones (1gb+ and up). Do it slowly. If they think you are doing it for access to invite forum they'll block you from it.
    Thanks

P2P Client
    Vuze, QBT, Deluge
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 9/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss187
    Yesterday, I found my account blocked.

I assumed it was because of inactivity (I haven't DL anything in a year but I managed to at least log in every 2 weeks to say hi)
    Wrong assumption.

had a chat with an admin. I no longer have the full thread but here's a summary:
    ADM: how did you get your invite?
    ME: I bought it
    ADM: give details
    ME: gave all info I had, which was not useful since both email and website are dead now.
    ADM: be more specific
    ME: In my last message I gave you email, website, amount paid. what else would you like to know?

Then I was banned for good, included from the IRC.

I'm impressed that that they still police their member so many years after.

I like their message, something like: be honest, lying won't get you anywhere. But telling the truth won't get anywhere neither. Worse, you waste time finding the info. Don't bother their interview.

I always thought It's rather rich from a website that praises piracy and IP theft to tell us it's bad to sell/buy invite.
    Last edited by molosse; 12.12.17 at 16:13.
    Thanks

P2P Client
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Activity Longevity
    3/20 13/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss422
    Going after traders, sellers is just a waste of time. I don't understand how a site's security increases when they ban traders, sellers.
    Last edited by H265; 12.12.17 at 16:55.
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    11/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssss39386
    Quote Originally Posted by H265 View Post
    I don't understand how a site's security increases when they ban traders, sellers.
    Well, the usual reason given is that it endangers trackers, because if you and I can buy or trade for an invite, then so can the cops. This is not incorrect in principle. But I feel that the fact that I had entry (or had been offered entry) to all "elite" trackers at age 15 sort of negates any chance that the opposite may be true.

Anyway, I view invite selling negatively - making a profit on something that is meant to be given freely and at the expense of all the work and money that goes into keeping a good tracker, is just shameful. Trading is different, I'm okay with it as long as both parties involved have genuine interest on whatever place they want to join, and take care of their accounts. As far as the tracker is concerned, that's exactly the same as inviting a friend that ends up being a good member.

http://www.sb-innovation.de/showthread.php?t=21339
    http://www.sb-innovation.de/showthread.php?t=24222

The problem is, you don't really see that scenario anymore. Go to any forum that allows trading and you'll find threads with lists of dozens of accounts people willing to part with, in exchange for for ultra-rare sites or simply "offers".
    Thanks

P2P Client
    Vuze, QBT, Deluge
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 9/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss187
    Quote Originally Posted by anon View Post
    Well, the usual reason given is that it endangers trackers, because if you and I can buy or trade for an invite, then so can the cops. This is not incorrect in principle. But I feel that the fact that I had entry (or had been offered entry) to all "elite" trackers at age 15 sort of negates any chance that the opposite may be true.

Anyway, I view invite selling negatively - making a profit on something that is meant to be given freely and at the expense of all the work and money that goes into keeping a good tracker, is just shameful. Trading is different, I'm okay with it as long as both parties involved have genuine interest on whatever place they want to join, and take care of their accounts. As far as the tracker is concerned, that's exactly the same as inviting a friend that ends up being a good member.

http://www.sb-innovation.de/showthread.php?t=21339
    http://www.sb-innovation.de/showthread.php?t=24222

The problem is, you don't really see that scenario anymore. Go to any forum that allows trading and you'll find threads with lists of dozens of accounts people willing to part with, in exchange for for ultra-rare sites or simply "offers".
    I heard that some trackers offers registration in exchange of a donation. In other words, the tracker sells the invite.
    I see some merits in this approach. tracker get the money they need and members gets a proper, official route to join a tracker.

I have a feeling than the police no longer need or want to be a member of the tracker.
    As Frazier once said, Kill the head and the body will die.
    Like when the frogs killed WhatCD all members lose.

Going after individual members is pointless and very expensive.
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    11/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssss39386
    Quote Originally Posted by molosse View Post
    I heard that some trackers offers registration in exchange of a donation. In other words, the tracker sells the invite.
    I see some merits in this approach. tracker get the money they need and members gets a proper, official route to join a tracker.
    It's acceptable depending on how much the invites are offered for and how much emphasis is placed on that particular way to join. But it's also a double-edged sword, because the copyright mafia loves to paint "pirate" sites as moneymaking profit machines, and this gives them an excuse to do just that.
    Thanks

17. Who Said Thanks:

alpacino (14.12.17)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast