+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516

Thread: Cheating on TD (TorrentDay)

Activity Longevity
    11/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssss39370
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnareyouOK View Post
    Assuming my public IP address changes every 3~7 days, and I've been logging it continuously for past 2 months using script, it has never changed back to the same IP address at least for this 2 months.
    Don't tell me you're using the script I wrote That was an unintentional success, I have received several messages about it saying thanks or asking for support.

So, if I got banned on a tracker like PTP, and based on the log, I've used let's say 45 IP addresses in total on PTP, and now, after my public IP becomes a new class A IP address, different from the previous 45 IPs but in the same /13 range (eg. 100.190.233.86 and 100.161.138.162), I re-register PTP, will i be banned? (without considering other factors, like we use different computer, CPU, OS, browser, torrent client, irc client, screen resolution, zero torrent history etc.)
    No. If you get multiple bans on the same address block it is likely to be put under special "monitoring", but ordinarily this doesn't happen.

If ban wouldn't come under the conditions above, will I be banned if my public IP address someday changes back to one of the "dirty" 45 I used before? (because this is under the control of ISP, not mine, so it maybe occurs although not often)
    No, for the very reason you mention. All dynamic IP pools are limited in size, and as more people using the same provider as you login or register, there would eventually be a match with a previous address. Staff are aware of this and won't issue bans unless said match comes from another very recently banned or active account (see the last paragraph of https://filesharingtalk.com/showthread.php?p=3597953 for an example).
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."
    Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
    Thanks

2. Who Said Thanks:

JohnareyouOK (02.04.19)

P2P Client
    BiglyBT
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 6/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss254
    Quote Originally Posted by anon View Post
    No, for the very reason you mention. All dynamic IP pools are limited in size, and as more people using the same provider as you login or register, there would eventually be a match with a previous address. Staff are aware of this and won't issue bans unless said match comes from another very recently banned or active account (see the last paragraph of https://filesharingtalk.com/showthread.php?p=3597953 for an example).
    Great! very important intelligence for me, many many thanks, as always!

Don't tell me you're using the script I wrote That was an unintentional success, I have received several messages about it saying thanks or asking for support.
    Whaaaat It would be perfect if I knew ealier there's already a ready-made one. I googled "logging public IP address tool" for hours and the only tool I found was TrueIP, but it didn't work properly, so I had to write one myself. proved another time, this forum with a long history truly contains lots of treasures I don't know yet. I need dig it harder!
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    11/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssss39370
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnareyouOK View Post
    I had to write one myself.
    Often the best approach Anyway, the one I was referring to can be found at http://www.sb-innovation.de/showthread.php?p=335178
    Thanks

5. Who Said Thanks:

JohnareyouOK (02.04.19)

Activity Longevity
    0/20 6/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssssss2

dope!

Hi anon thanks for your answer mate! ... by the information on your link, I would be led to the conclusion that using the same IP would get me banned (since i've been banned twice with that IP), however, since it's not the TD thread, I'm not sure if you were trying to enlighten me on the situation or send me a more baseline information

would this mean that I wouldn't have an issue if i make another account with the twice before banned IP on TD?

I would love to change IP like that but my problem is, my ISP provider attaches the IP to the MAC address of the modem and It doesn't seem to change it often, I'm almost certain as I released the lease turned the modem off all night and in the morning I had the same IP (am I missing something or that SHOULD change my IP on most cases?)

On another note, soon I will be 100% certain because of your script... it's freaking awesome, love it! that was a simple but fantastic Idea, amazingly done @anon !!
    Thanks

P2P Client
    BiglyBT
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 6/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss254
    Quote Originally Posted by plopper View Post
    my ISP provider attaches the IP to the MAC address of the modem
    Almost all routers allow users to manually modify the WAN MAC address. this may need to turn on advanced settings on routers. Just google "<model or brand of the router> change mac address" for specific operation steps. eg. this one
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    11/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssss39370
    Quote Originally Posted by plopper View Post
    by the information on your link, I would be led to the conclusion that using the same IP would get me banned (since i've been banned twice with that IP), however, since it's not the TD thread, I'm not sure if you were trying to enlighten me on the situation or send me a more baseline information
    It's baseline information, but more importantly it's good advice

would this mean that I wouldn't have an issue if i make another account with the twice before banned IP on TD?
    Not as long as you wait long enough. Do note what I said about good advice above.

I would love to change IP like that but my problem is, my ISP provider attaches the IP to the MAC address of the modem and It doesn't seem to change it often, I'm almost certain as I released the lease turned the modem off all night and in the morning I had the same IP (am I missing something or that SHOULD change my IP on most cases?)
    See JohnareyouOK's post. I'm fairly sure my tutorial mentions changing your or your router's MAC, or links to a thread that does. The specifics of this method vary on whether your modem and router are the same physical device or not, and your ability to enter its configuration panel.

On another note, soon I will be 100% certain because of your script... it's freaking awesome, love it! that was a simple but fantastic Idea, amazingly done @anon !!
    Thank you, it wasn't actually my idea and from a programming point of view there's room for improvement on it, but once again I am pleased a throwaway project of mine end up being so helpful
    Thanks

safe speed for this? they have low leechers and sntaches on even new freeleeches compared to ipt so what is the safe method here now?
    Thanks

P2P Client
    Tixati 2.6.7
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 4/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss241
    Quote Originally Posted by sigduwksnsksis9283 View Post
    safe speed for this? they have low leechers and sntaches on even new freeleeches compared to ipt so what is the safe method here now?
    just dont get caught xD at least they dont have board ranking like unlimitz, which shows you if you using over abuse speed. and instant banned
    Thanks

+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516