P2P Client
    sbi finest
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss3125
    Quote Originally Posted by kazuya View Post
    Brazil played nice soccer till 1998,now some spoiled kids play
    weren't brazilian players always kinda spoiled/unrestrained, more inclined to play a breezy/exciting version of football as opposed to the european (mainstream) football machinery (even though the latter is also an achievement in itself)

in addition, a sport can't go much higher than its 'golden era'...unless in this example it gets reinvented with something like, say, shaolin soccer
    Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
    Thanks

2. Who Said Thanks:

saebrtooth (17.06.10)

Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss1191
    but now they play like most European players,just fouls,rush...no more nice game play and tricks,and none special player.

shaolin soccer
    lol
    Last edited by kazuya; 16.06.10 at 19:31.
    Thanks

P2P Client
    uTorrent
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 17/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss402
    Quote Originally Posted by kazuya View Post
    so the best pro's Brazil played against some man could say amateurs N.Korea and win only with 2:1 Brazil played nice soccer till 1998,now some spoiled kids play
    Yes, it wasn't their best performance but I think it is hard to start the tournament with a spectacular game.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Honduras vs Chile 0-1

Chile played some of the finest football of the tournament so far to open their World Cup with a convincing 1-0 win against plucky outsiders Honduras.

Playing with an enterprising spirit, the South Americans imposed themselves on the game from the beginning, as is the style of their Argentine coach Marcelo Bielsa.
    Goal.com

Most some people don't even know where Honduras is, not unexpected. The game showed that Chile will be able to compete with Spain and Switzerland for the two places.

Spain vs Switzerland 0-1

Switzerland caused one of the great World Cup shocks in Durban, defeating European champions and competition favourites Spain 1-0.

It was a grim defensive performance by the Swiss, who were magnificent around their own goal throughout and hit their opponents with a classic sucker-punch through Gelson Fernandes in the second half. La Furia Roja were not without a threat, but Xabi Alonso’s thumping shot off the bar was as close as they got.
    Goal.com

Yes, the top favourites have lost. Totally unexpected, Switzerland with a few attacks scored the goal while Spain couldn't get passed the great defence of Switzerland. Spain still has a chance, a big chance because they weren't that bad today.

South Africa vs Uruguay 0-3

On National Youth Day in South Africa, it was an experienced old-head in Diego Forlan whose virtuoso display left South Africa clinging onto their World Cup hopes by the skin of their teeth.

A brace from the Atletico Madrid man and a late Alvaro Pereira goal gave the Uruguayans a much deserved victory over the lacklustre Bafana.
    Goal.com
    Uruguay unlike France proved they can score goals!, a win or a draw will lead them to the next stage.
    Last edited by Instab; 19.06.10 at 03:19.
    Thanks

5. Who Said Thanks:

Blocker (17.06.10) , SBfreak (16.06.10)

P2P Client
    VEM
    Activity Longevity
    5/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss1606
    Quote Originally Posted by caballero View Post
    Spain vs Switzerland 0-1
    Goal.com

Big Surprise

Everybody thinks Spain will win this match

P.S: @caballero :Merging the World cup threads is OK IMO
    Last edited by Blocker; 17.06.10 at 04:38.
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss1191
    now i understand...

Thanks

8. Who Said Thanks:

Snitlev (19.06.10) , slikrapid (18.06.10)

P2P Client
    VEM (Vuz Extra Medium)
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 17/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss500
    News Flash to all germanese in this forum. Too bad, Germand down 1-0 to Serbia. . Feel sorry for you all, fellow cheater.

Let's see some rarely surprise in Group stage : Spain down (1-0 to Swiss), France down (2-0 to Mexico), German down, Who's else?. .

Looks like Africa is playground for American team because their results is great until today.

---------- Post added at 14:32 ---------- Previous post was at 14:29 ----------

Shame that Romanian don't play in this World Cup. Who knows what will they bring?.
    Thanks

P2P Client
    VEM
    Activity Longevity
    5/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss1606
    France down (2-0 to Mexico)
    Yeahh Viva Mexico!

I like the way my country played this match

The first goal was wonderful

Last edited by Blocker; 18.06.10 at 17:31.
    Thanks

P2P Client
    WaffleCheat v1.95 build 19928
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss1509
    France pussyes...
    So may surprises, i can't believe it.Good thing i didn't bet on them like some people did
    What does a scene tracker tell to a general tracker?
    You're so 5 minutes ago...

Thanks

Anal propulsion.Period.Sorry France.
    Thanks

I said Serbia and Ghana will qualify from this group to the second round .
    I didn't bet on them though

France, Spain and England are a big disappointment .
    Thanks

Germany may have lost against Serbia but you guys are still leading the group
    Thanks

P2P Client
    uTorrent
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 17/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss402
    Day seven, 17/06

Argentina vs South Korea 4-1

Argentina secured top spot in World Cup Group B courtesy of a 4-1 victory over South Korea in Johannesburg.

It took an unfortunate own goal from Park Chu-young to give Argentina the lead, and with the momentum, Gonzalo Higuain soon made it two. For periods of the first half, Argentina played some wonderful football and would have fully deserved their two-goal advantage at the interval, only for Martin Demichelis to make a huge error, allowing Lee Chung-yong to reduce the arrears. Largely unflustered, Argentina countered their exposed opponents late in the day, with Higuain rounding off two fluid moves.

Goal.com

Argentina played a great match, however, it's still too early to rate the team (look at Germany). The own goal opened the match and made it very easy for Argentina.

Greece vs Nigeria 2-1

Greece made Nigeria pay for the sending off of Sani Kaita by clinching a 2-1 win, leaving the Super Eagles on the verge of World Cup elimination.

Kalu Uche's free kick put Nigeria ahead, but after Kaita's red card for a kick on Vasilis Torosidis, Dimitrios Salpingidis equalised. Torosidis then rubbed salt in Kaita's wounds by striking a 71st minute winner.
    Goal.com
    Keita will never forget what he did for his country! Nigeria had the chance to get back in this tournament and because of a moment of craziness anger they are knocked out of the competition, really sad!. I didn't read much news about Keita violent attack but the moment I saw it; I thought the Greek must have told him something, unbelievable kick.

France vs Mexico 0-2

France stand on the brink of World Cup elimination after being defeated 2-0 by Mexico.

Both teams showed enterprise in the opening half of the game, but Mexico looked the likelier side to strike prior to the break. El Tri did find the net midway through the second period with substitute Javier Hernandez registering the opening goal. Cuauhtemoc Blanco then hammered a second nail into the France coffin to give the Mexicans a famous victory.
    Goal.com

Outstanding performance from Mexico, they really deserve to win it. France, no comment; a 'fresh team' is needed.

---------- Post added at 02:14 ---------- Previous post was at 01:12 ----------

Day 8, 18/06

Serbia vs Germany 1-0

Germany were one of the best performers in the first round of group matches, handily dispatching Australia 4-0, the only side to score more than two goals in a game in the opening fixtures.

But that thumping win against a woeful Socceroos has turned out to be a facade as Joachim Loew’s men looked ordinary against a sharper Serbian side.
    Goal.com
    Another match lost because of 'inconsiderate' behaviour from a player. The red card didn't affect Germany that much but it made vulnerable for a few minutes in which the goal was scored in. In the second half, Serbia got more chances because the Germans were concentrating on attacking.
    Germany is still on the top but surely they want to qualify in top place.

Slovenia vs USA 2-2

Slovenia were denied a place in the last 16 of the World Cup by a fine USA comeback. Having slumped to a 2-0 deficit at the interval, Bob Bradley’s men responded superbly after the break to earn a 2-2 draw.

It was Slovenia who showed better in the first half, deservedly leading thanks to goals from Valter Birsa and Zlatan Ljubijankic, but Landon Donovan’s powerful shot from a tough angle pulled the Stars and Stripes back into the game just after the restart
    Goal.com

Great come back from the US, I thought the game was theirs before the match started but for some reason (underestimated their opponent) they conceded two goals. With the result of England's match, the group became so complicated.

England vs Algeria 0-0

Princes William and Harry could provide little inspiration for England, as Fabio Capello's men slumped to a goalless draw with Algeria that has thrown their World Cup ambitions in a stark light.
    Goal.com

I really laughed when I saw goal.com title; "Teethless lions", I thought; when did they even become lions...1966? does winning a single world cup (By cheating) makes you a lion, I wonder what would Brazil call themselves then!.
    Algeria with their strong determination managed to take a point which maybe very useful and England against all expectations took one point as well. There will be very strong competition in this group for qualifying to the next stage.
    Thanks

P2P Client
    VEM (Vuz Extra Medium)
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 17/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss500
    Well, maybe because their nick is Three Lions. Actually this is cause of their league filled with many foreign player and their coach, Fabio Capello (he doesn't listen to me to change formation )
    Thanks

Germany may have lost against Serbia but you guys are still leading the group
    IMHO, Germany is the only team that was "relatively" good if compared with the usual list of candidates to win the world cup (France,Italy,Germany,England,Spain and even Brazil ) but if the German team didn't improve fast, they will soon face the same fate of France,England and Spain.

I don't understand why teams like Germany and Spain having a world class players don't play enjoyable football and being threaten to take a short exist from the first round.

Anyways, my favorite teams in this competition are Ghana and Ivory Coast , I hope they qualify to the second round otherwise i will be so disappointed
    Last edited by Extraterrestrial; 19.06.10 at 06:42.
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss1191
    what's up with those French sissy's,today i read they almost fight in training.Gallas, Henry,Abidal and Anelka gonna be kicked from Team.i don't know why they blame Coach for all.Why don't they admit that they are just s**t players.This Kid's just have to much Money so they don't care about playing soccer more...It's like,how are you supposed some spoiled Millionaires to talk into playing Soccer and running for 90 min I offer my self to French Team just to show those pu**y's how Soccer is supposed to be played and after that what i do with such morons...and all that for free
    Thanks

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast