Results 9,451 to 9,465 of 10770

Thread: [OLD]The Chat/Spam Thread

P2P Client
    µ
    Activity Longevity
    1/20 16/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss773
    looking at the reviews from people coming using BETA/CP many still prefer the Old Windows Start. Other than that some drivers didn't work well and Shutting down the sys takes more clicks..

ps: Lately I have started liking the new Metro-UI best way-( Go to Top-Right scroll below and select the Search its pretty quick with any search
    Show respect to all people, but grovel to none​

Thanks

P2P Client
    I can haz candy
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 17/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss590
    Quote Originally Posted by Sazzy View Post
    Everyone says that. But it's not. Everyone just seems to complain because of metro, something you don't even have to use. Truth is that behind the scenes, a lot improved in Win8, like the task manager, memory usage, ... All in all, stuff seems to work a lot smoother with less on Windows 8. That's about as much opposite as you can get to Win Vista.
    Hopefully it is a success. Are you planning on upgrading, Sazz? IIRC, it's out in late October.
    Thanks

I iz pirate. I haz peg leg.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	iizapiratei128526713693437500.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	40.7 KB 
ID:	13476

I used to love this back in the day when i started torrenting. It was the one thing that kept me going in za tracker world.

I'll upgrade by this sunday to win 8. I don't care about the interface, I'm going.
    Last edited by Master Razor; 22.08.12 at 18:35.
    Thanks

P2P Client
    WaffleCheat v1.95 build 19928
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss1509
    I'm gonna try it too, but it's amazing how hard it actually is to make a bootable usb in Linux...(Nothing actually worked until now)
    What does a scene tracker tell to a general tracker?
    You're so 5 minutes ago...

Thanks

P2P Client
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss1509
    I've tested flash player on Chrome and Mozilla thinking they are the best and what do you know, Opera works better than those two. I've been playing an online flash game which requires some resources and in Opera I had no lag at all. Guess I'm sticking with it for a while after almost 2 years of using only chrome.

Thanks

I have an ATI 5570 graphics card. I only installed the video driver.
    Is there any way to control settings such as Anti-Alising without catalyst? IE. through a reg tweak or something. I rarely use catalyst and feel like it is a waste installing it.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Gapo View Post
    Hopefully it is a success. Are you planning on upgrading, Sazz? IIRC, it's out in late October.
    I've been running the Beta and RC for work-related things. First impression was very bad, but it only got better. I think the main thing is that you will need to adopt (heavily) to it. It's different and that's just the way it is. I also must note that I really didn't like the windows 7 taskbar at first. I hated the little buttons and reverted back to the old system. After my friends were all enthusiastic about it, I figured I'd revert it back and try it for a full week. After that, I loved it and it stayed that way the entire time.

It's the same thing for things like the start button, really. And in all honesty, how often do you use that anyway? I've been using Launchy for yours and hardly ever click the start button. The search option really improved in windows 8 as well, enough that I use that instead of Launchy. Everyone always complains about the metro interface, but truth is that you'll only see it for metro specific things. Small apps and such. The rest just runs in your desktop, so at best, you'll see metro for 3 seconds after booting and then just switch to desktop mode and stay there. We all also know that there will be tools out there days after the release that allow you to just boot to desktop straight away.

Anyway, long story short. Win8 is different and will take much adjusting. After a week or two of forcing yourself to use it, you'll know if you like it or not. Most people just say they don't only because of metro, and that's a bit silly.

I don't think I will be upgrading straight away, though. Maybe the work laptop, if work requires it. At the moment I'm just booting to win8 from a vhd and that works wonderfully. Plus it's super easy to clean up if I don't want it anymore. I'll probably keep it that way. However, I probably will (finally) get a tablet with Win8 on it though. I've also been thinking about getting a Win Phone 8. I'm really excited about the shared kernel with Win8. It's gonna be pretty awesome for the apps etc. Time will tell though, and I won't jump onto it straight away. I also won't jump on any bandwagon though, and just make up my own mind about it. End of October it will be here, we shall see then :)

On a side note: I really like how clean metro is.
    g̺̗͙̺l̜̜i͖̦͇̙t͕̲̜c͇̮͕̺̩͎̰̜h͕̦̘
    Thanks

P2P Client
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss1509
    Quote Originally Posted by Master Razor View Post
    I have an ATI 5570 graphics card. I only installed the video driver.
    Is there any way to control settings such as Anti-Alising without catalyst? IE. through a reg tweak or something. I rarely use catalyst and feel like it is a waste installing it.
    So you think that it's easier to just modify some regs than to just install a couple of megs software which will enable you to do what you want with just a few clicks Welcome to the geek club!

Oh and my God, I don't know why I used chrome so much. Opera has even an email reader like Thunderbird so I shoot 2 birds with one Browser And that speed dial is simply epic. This browser's epicness is over 9000 already!!
    Last edited by Mihai; 28.08.12 at 07:30.

Thanks

Activity Longevity
    7/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssss39430
    Quote Originally Posted by Mihai View Post
    And that speed dial is simply epic.
    Indeed they're handy. I think they were the first ones to implement that, but nowadays you can have it on any major browser.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."
    Thanks

10. Who Said Thanks:

Mihai (28.08.12)

P2P Client
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss1509
    Quote Originally Posted by anon View Post
    Indeed they're handy. I think they were the first ones to implement that, but nowadays you can have it on any major browser.
    True but Chrome only let you see the 10 most used sites and Firefox seems to do the same. Well opera lets me chose how many sites I want which is more useful for me.

Thanks

Activity Longevity
    7/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssss39430
    You need more than 10? There's bookmarks for that.
    Thanks

P2P Client
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss1509
    Bookmarks bar, yes, I have that too.

Thanks

I only used 3. Nowadays I never use it.

And I guess some browsers excel at a particular thing while other excel at something else. There ain't not universal browser.
    I used opera from the very first day i got an internet connection. We also used serials to register the damn thing in order to get rid of the crap so-called 'bonzi-buddy'.
    Still, for dial-up and cable users, opera was and is the best option when talking about speed.
    I always felt like it was getting more and more bloated. Useless features, stuff bundled in... The lack of some other vital features like passwords export and import. Import from txt or html or anything else. This is very important.

I switched to chrome because it has a very flexible command line support. Seems faster than opera (both launch and close), speed also seems faster but I can't really tell. On some sites works better.

----------
    Is anyone from Bucharest and has an extra ide hdd drive? Not interested in big drives but A DRIVE.
    Thanks
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    7/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssss39430
    Firefox 15 is out! Let's see how much they've progressed regarding speed and memory consumption.
    Thanks

I've installed firefox 15 and the speed is the same as before. No improvement from what i can see.
    Did some HTML5 tests and on html5test.com the score is 346 while chromium is 448.
    According to the test on peacekeeper.futuremark.com the score was 720 for firefox and 1120 or something for chrome.

Start-up time is the same as chrome.
    Thanks

Closed Thread
Page 631 of 718 FirstFirst ... 131531581621629630631632633641681 ... LastLast