Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss581
    Quote Originally Posted by anon View Post
    Hi,

If you know more, please post them.
    I have found these ones:

German Privacy Foundation:

Chaos Computer Club:

Server der German Privacy Foundation e.V.

CCC | DNS Howto
    Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
    Thanks

2. Who Said Thanks:

anon (21.08.10)

Activity Longevity
    4/20 17/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss6661
    just as a sidenote: it might be better to stay away from google dns servers for the usual reasons
    Your account has been disabled.
    Thanks

4. Who Said Thanks:

Renk (22.08.10)

P2P Client
    utorrent
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss581
    There is OPenNic DNS Servers, too (OpenNIC has ambition to built an alternative for ICANN):

OpenNIC (a.k.a. "The OpenNIC Project") is an organization of hobbyists who run an alternative DNS network. OpenNIC is owned and operated by the OpenNIC community. Membership is open to all who share an interest
    in keeping DNS free for all users. Our goal is to provide you with quick and reliable DNS services and access to domains not administered by ICANN.

OpenNIC provides resolution to all ICANN domains as well as OpenNIC's own TLDs:

.geek, .free, .bbs, .parody, .oss, .indy, .fur, .ing, .micro, .dyn and .gopher

OpenNIC root servers are run by dedicated volunteers planet-wide. Since this is a volunteer effort, please be aware that server outages say occur from time to time.

OpenNIC is unable to guarantee the privacy of your Internet connection if you use one of our root servers, nor can we vouch for the integrity of the results you receive from OpenNIC. You absorb all risk
    associated with use of OpenNIC servers. If this is of concern to you, we recommend setting up your own personal DNS server.
    Welcome to the Frontpage

They provide anonymized and/or no log public DNS servers:

OpenNIC Public DNS Servers PDF Print E-mail
    Written by Administrator
    Tuesday, 27 January 2009 12:11

OpenNIC is happy to provide a choice of DNS servers to the public. Our servers are several continents to provide faster access. These servers are monitored 24x7 and alerts are sent to the DNS admins when the server stops working as expected.

Below is a list of currently available DNS servers and their approximate geographical locations:

OpenNIC Public DNS Servers
    Thanks

6. Who Said Thanks:

anon (22.08.10) , Instab (22.08.10)

P2P Client
    utorrent
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss581
    This tool may be usefull:

DNS Jumper is a small application that aids the user by providing a one-click system to change DNS servers.

The application displays a list of DNS servers that can be activated with the click of the mouse button. Available DNS server range from Google DNS over Open DNS to Ultra DNS, Level 3, Open NIC to the default DNS server of the system.

This is a simple and light weight tool with clean interface which helps to change DNS servers in one click.

It has pre-configures DNS settings for:

* Google DNS.
    * Open DNS.
    * Comodo DNS.
    * Advantage DNS.
    * Ultra DNS.
    * DNS 8 to 16.

Features:

* You can choose your network card.
    * Very customizable : such as ,you can add or delete a dns.
    * You can change the language (edit DnsJumper.ini)
    * You can customize dns manually.
    * Program tests Dns ip`s and measure its reaction time.
    * Flush Dns button added (/flushdns ).
    * Fastes Dns test added (tests dns reaction times and write best one)

The rest of the options are your default DNS, Open NIC and you can set the DNS just by a single click.

DNS Jumper

Also downloadable on Softpedia:

Download Dns Jumper 1.0.4 Free - Change your DNS settings with one click - Softpedia
    Last edited by Renk; 19.11.10 at 19:15.
    Thanks

8. Who Said Thanks:

alpacino (19.11.10)

P2P Client
    utorrent
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss581
    Yet others free DNS Servers:

1) TelecomX
    Telecomix Censorship-proof DNS

It's a sweden compagny. The two addresses are swedish, the primary address being hosted on Blackinternet (previous provider of TPB).

2) ClearCloud DNS
    ClearCloud DNS - Web Filter

Didn't know these 2 compagnies before.
    Last edited by Renk; 30.11.10 at 03:03.
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    8/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssss39439
    Quote Originally Posted by TelecomX
    So, some sites on your internets are blocked? In some cases this happens because your local government or a whimsy Internet Service provider blocks certain URLs on your interweb. Telecomix works for internauts anywhere in the network, and we would like to give you another service that has no censorship filters and provides some extra cool Top Level Domains.
    Besides the cool TLDs, I wonder what the difference with all the other DNS servers that don't censor anything is.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."
    Thanks

P2P Client
    utorrent
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss581
    Quote Originally Posted by anon View Post
    Besides the cool TLDs, I wonder what the difference with all the other DNS servers that don't censor anything is.
    That has to be evaluated and tested I think . No all free DNS have a non-censoring purpose. For example, OpenDNS is more intend for speed or security (phishing...) and they may censor at least some adult contents. TelecomX presents itself as an anti censoring tool (I don't know wether or not it's true, and as I said this affirmation has to be tested, but TelecomX explicitely presents itself so). Moreover, the most free DNS are based in the USA. One may want to use servers/services located in an other country, and not only for anti censoring reasons. For example, connection between the land from which you connect to the internet and the USA may be bad (peering issues...), impairing your browsing experience if your are using DNS located overthere. Moreover, I think the more choice you have, the better it is (although some psychologists dispute this assertion: the more choice you have they said, the more you will be anxious).
    Finally, some people collect stamps. Some other may collect free DNS IP adresses.

EDIT:

DNS.TelecomIX seems to belong to a larger project against censoring measures:
    http://www.telecomix.org/

Moreover, P. Sunde recently launched a "P2P DNS" system:
    http://dot-p2p.org/index.php?title=Main_Page
    The concept is fine. But is this DNS system really secure ?
    Last edited by Renk; 02.12.10 at 12:02.
    Thanks

12. Who Said Thanks:

anon (30.11.10)

I recommend OpenDNS. Its just awesome. Fast, Stable, Easy to Use and configurable.
    Thanks

P2P Client
    Bash shell
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss462
    The following is going to be a nugget of gold, so pay close attention to it
    I know from first hand experience that using the anti-censoring DNS does not work as well as supposed.
    And OpenDNS is good and well, but has a pitfall. If you type an incorrect website, it will take you to its own redirection, which can mess with some proxy programs.
    Finally, OpenNIC is just slow.
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    8/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssss39439
    Quote Originally Posted by SomeGuy View Post
    And OpenDNS is good and well, but has a pitfall. If you type an incorrect website, it will take you to its own redirection, which can mess with some proxy programs.
    Or anything that relies on NXDOMAIN replies being delivered as they should. You can make an OpenDNS account and disable the redirector for your IP range, though.
    Thanks

OpenDNS

Hi @all guys.
    How all here know, in Italy, the govern censured thepiratebay. For who don't know, can read it directly on TPB The Pirate Bay - The world's most resilient bittorrent site

And there is also a new law (you can see it here, but it's italian Agcom e pirateria online: oscuramento siti ma non solo - BusinessOnLine.it), wich "censure" all p2p sites with link ed2k and similar. For now, this last thing, is not happen and all sites are accessible (except thepiratebay of course).

For bypass this block, I've searched on google and a lot of sites say to use OpenDNS. So I write here, what do you think about this italian censure ? And do you know how to use OpenDNS ? My ISP know I'm using these DNS ? I can have problem with my ISP doing that ?

Thanks @all in advance for any answer

PS: But if my ISP block X ip, is sure with openDNS I can bypass this block ? (and reach TPB) ?
    Last edited by piratemeister; 02.01.11 at 12:53.
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    4/20 17/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss6661
    Quote Originally Posted by IlSoldato View Post
    if my ISP block X ip, is sure with openDNS I can bypass this block ? (and reach TPB) ?
    if the block is ip based a different dns will not help of course. also i would highly recommend not to use public trackers at all
    Your account has been disabled.
    Thanks

18. Who Said Thanks:

piratemeister (02.01.11)

Activity Longevity
    8/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssss39439
    Quote Originally Posted by IlSoldato View Post
    For bypass this block, I've searched on google and a lot of sites say to use OpenDNS. So I write here, what do you think about this italian censure ? And do you know how to use OpenDNS ? My ISP know I'm using these DNS ? I can have problem with my ISP doing that ?
    1. I think it's a piece of shit, and only encourages people to work around it, just like the Chinese firewall.
    2. Yes, and so can you! It takes two minutes to begin using their service, I recommend you read their homepage.
    3. Yes, they can, but no, you won't get in trouble.

PS: But if my ISP block X ip, is sure with openDNS I can bypass this block ? (and reach TPB) ?
    Of course not. Proxies are your only hope, in that case.
    Thanks

20. Who Said Thanks:

piratemeister (02.01.11)

But what advantages I can have about using these DNS if I can't bypass this block ?
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    8/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssss39439
    Faster name resolution. More stable service (ISPs' DNS are known to go down at times).
    Thanks

23. Who Said Thanks:

piratemeister (02.01.11)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast