Activity Longevity
    6/20 20/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss3725

Feedback "official tracker representative"

Feedback for this announcement.

Thanks

2. Who Said Thanks:

saebrtooth (29.12.09) , alpacino (22.11.09) , anonftw (22.11.09) , slikrapid (22.11.09) , SealLion (22.11.09) , SBcheater (21.11.09) , anon (21.11.09)

Activity Longevity
    4/20 17/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss6661
    interesting idea. so what's a tracker rep doing here then?
    asking the members not to cheat?

no, seriously, i assume you had your reasons and expectations to do this. i hope it'll be interesting ...
    Your account has been disabled.
    Thanks

4. Who Said Thanks:

saebrtooth (29.12.09) , SealLion (22.11.09)

Retired Seal
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss2079
    In most instances, most likely just coming here to amuse themselves. Much like MM does when he comes here.

This forum doesn't specifically have anything against Tracker Admins and moderators from there.
    They really can't do any harm except to ban you if you inadvertantly give out information about yourself.

Such as publicly displaying your email.
    Or publicly describing what your ratio is. '
    Or publicly stating that you have downloaded torrent 'ABC'

and so forth and so forth......

you can amuse yourself over them too, you know.
    Yu just need to beaware of language and insults used against them.

Tracker admins know the etiquette rules of different forums and they are aware of things like that.
    IMO, the only things that they'll complain about is Tracker Reviews or something like that.

They'll just come here to download some mods, take them apart, and try to catch you with it's code now decoded.
    New mods are being made day in and day out.

One thing that I think that I'll even do now is not even mention what mods or even tools I use.
    Even though my sig gives me away.
    But I still do use mods on some sites.

Maybe you want to ensure that too.
    This way, the tracker admins or moderators don't know which version of uT or Vuze that your using and won't look for that.
    They could think that your using Bitcommet when instead your using Transmission.

Or you could evade thier guessing on that subject by telling them you use this mod when instaed you actually use some other mod.

Overall, the majority of us are the one's that use this forum. Admins from different sites will come here every now and then and that's about it.

Just b/c there's some announcement doesn't mean that there's gonna be a rush on trackr admins knocking on the door here to get in.

It's just basically an announcement. That's all.

Rest assured, you can have as much fun with them as they will have with you.

Besides. You can also finally tell them that there's more grave things on this planet than cheaters visiting their site to leech them for what their worth, yes??

YOu can finally tell them that phishing and having their site hacked are far worse than having a truckload of cheaters on their site.

Hell, you can even finally make your case for cheating on their site by telling them you don't have enough bandwidth. Hence, your cheating.
    YOu can also tell them that you can't compete against all the seedboxers who seed 600 GB a day compared to your real upload of only 30 MB.

YOu can finally also tell them, with out even having to worry about being banned from their IRC channel how much their site sucks
    You hate the layout.
    You hate the poor quality of the torrents and the rudeness of their staff.

You can also tell them to make Upload Rules improvements to their site.
    "God, from the mount Sinai
    whose grey top shall tremble,
    He descending, will Himself,
    in thunder, lightning, and loud trumpet’s sound,
    ordain them laws".

John Milton (1608-1674) in Paradise Lost

Ripley's SealLion's Believe it or Not! ~ NASCAR car crashes and Windows have just one thing in common.
    Oh, oh. Better use LINUX.
    Thanks

6. Who Said Thanks:

saebrtooth (29.12.09) , SBcheater (22.11.09)

P2P Client
    sbi finest
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss3125
    Quote Originally Posted by VwTE1r View Post
    so what's a tracker rep doing here then?
    asking the members not to cheat?
    it is maybe an unusual move, but i can think of a possible reason: to realize the problems of users with small bandwidth and work on a solution to give them 'equal' chances of survival on a tracker compared to users that have no bandwidth related headaches, so in other words, that a small bandwidth user can be able to download roughly the same amount of data a medium/high bandwidth user can, without being afraid of ratio problems - even though this means that the small bandwidth user would upload less than the other one

but as we know, sharing is caring, so the most important thing on a tracker is not the ratio (as only some can maintain it easily), its the seeding that matters the most (a user would rather download with low speeds and get the file as opposed to not getting it at all)

imo the best solution to this is having a decent bonus system that supports or has emphasis on seeding time and/or number of torrents, where as a reward you get GBs of upload, i can say that on sites with such a system i had no need to cheat (not even just for fun) and have actually seeded much more there than on other sites (that don't give a damn about helping out users)

such a cooperation could inspire other trackers to do the same, this is sort of an optimistic position, but like Rebound said, lets try it out and see what happens

now this doesn't mean that cheating would be therefore obsolete, it means that ideally cheating would be done 'only' on trackers that 'deserve' it, so if we are to care about trackers, they should show some care for us too

there are other things that may be discussed, like improvements to their sites and so on
    Thanks

8. Who Said Thanks:

Activity Longevity
    0/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss277
    I can confirm that most of the tracker staff are already closely monitoring SBI, as it is no longer hidden from the world and no doubt is the greatest source of exclusive mods which have no match arround. Dr Melvin is not the only one who come here there are several tracker staff from other trackers that pay visit here as a guest or they might even be members here.

I will suggest each tracker staff to quite acting like a "Rat" as now SBI is welcoming you with you all with open arms, joining SBI will give you chance so that you can perhaps convince us not to cheat or perhaps we can convince you to go "Ratio Free".
    Thanks

10. Who Said Thanks:

I think there are already a lot of admins amongst us.
    What makes you think they're interested in this when they can blend nicely with this friendly community??
    Thanks

12. Who Said Thanks:

I don't like the sound of this. If the admins are here, most definitely aren't here to ask nicely to stop cheating. What business to they have here? So that they could create even better scripts to detect these so-far undetectable mods? Plus, it isn't right: this a cheting commnity AND SHOULD NOT let any representative or admin or owner of trackere in here.
    Thanks

14. Who Said Thanks:

SealLion (22.11.09)

Activity Longevity
    0/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss277
    Quote Originally Posted by SBfreak View Post
    What makes you think they're interested in this when they can blend nicely with this friendly community??
    SBI is a place which not only provides Mods, but this is a place which is enriched with information from all around the torrent world, as SBI is perhaps the only platform where folks from nearly every tracker gather.

Therefore cheating is not the only thing that we discuss here, SBI is a great platform to discuss from torrenting to scene releases and bitclients and p2p sharing talks and so on. something that I like most about SBI is that each and every of its member have a "Freed of expression", we discuss on realistic issues for example SBI's tracker review section is perhaps the most true picture of actual contents, statistics and performance of a certain private torrent tracker, on the other hand tracker reviews found on other places such as filenetworks, FSF and other forums are not realistic as they force their users to discuss their Good aspects in contrast to here on SBI we have freed of say.

That's why I will highly suggest tracker staff to join SBI as apart from cheating we also share mutual interests which is torrentign, as SBI is a place where Torrents lovers gather together.

I Believe that a cheater is more interested and loyal member of a tracker then a normal user, because he works hard to survive despite of its limited resources and tracker's hard seeding environments and this hard mind work proves his sincerity and attachment towards the tracker.
    Thanks

16. Who Said Thanks:

SealLion (22.11.09)

P2P Client
    rTorrent
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss445
    I totally agree with everything said from SealLion, slikrapid and SBcheater (tried even rep up SealLion for great post, clear cheater's manifesto, but got some error). Would just like to comment on one thing:
    Quote Originally Posted by SealLion View Post
    IMO, the only things that they'll complain about is Tracker Reviews or something like that.
    I think that can only help them and be useful from tracker staff perspective. I guess they also enjoy reading them, to see comparable review, to see how can they become even better, more competitive.
    And also, new potential user can see what to expect from specific tracker so it may spare some time to them (new users) and tracker staff from pruning not used accs or even spare their time when they answer some newb questions in their forums/irc or whereever.
    Thanks

18. Who Said Thanks:

SealLion (22.11.09)

Activity Longevity
    8/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssss39439
    Tracker staff has been around this board pretty much since it started. With this system now everyone can know who they are, if so they want it. You want to post how you don't like aspect/feature X of some tracker? Well, now you can say it to someone that can explain you why it's like that, or that has actual potential to change it if they desire it.

@slikrapid: as with almost every post written by you, I agree. Some trackers could learn from those like PTPC, where you can seed even after being disabled, and whose staff may even unban you if you show a legitimate attempt to give back to others.

Some argue that it's unfair to put someone that didn't upload anything but seeded for 72 hours on the same standing that those that seeded TBs. Well, on my eyes it's also unfair to "fall off the system" because of those same people.

@Master Razor: they can already get the mods as guests, and we aren't going to promote them to Member status, of course. Furthermore, the amount of cheating information they'll have access to is exactly the same as for non-Members and unregistered users. If they want to match posts with users on their sites and disable their accounts, they'll do it being a "community rep" here or not. So the potential to update their scripts or ban SB-I users because of posted information is exactly the same as before.

@SBcheater: I couldn't agree more on that. What I like about SB-I is that as cheaters, we can cut the crap and say things like they are. Every time I look at my status here I'm proud we aren't a "torrent invites" forum, where everyone agrees with everyone and is on a race to get more posts to access the giveaway/request sections, offer invites, then build a rep that's high enough to be able to grab more invites from someone else, and the cycle goes on.

But about this:
    I Believe that a cheater is more interested and loyal member of a tracker then a normal user, because he works hard to survive despite of its limited resources and tracker's hard seeding environments and this hard mind work proves his sincerity and attachment towards the tracker.
    You may be right about difficult seeding, yet let's be honest. What's harder, jumping on the right torrent and typing the right number after "Fake Upload Speed" - or having to leave your PC on 24/7 to avoid missing any upload, making sure you're always connectable, having to leech stuff you don't want since it may increase your ratio, learning to rip your CDs, for example, because you still can't seed all those snatches, ...

[/offtopic]

@shadowww: most of the problems tracker staff have with reviews is the exposure they get, rather than if we say "your tracker is good/bad because of this". Being jailed for doing what they do is part of their realities, and a review with pictures of who's who in the tracker, the latest uploads, etc. that's visible even for unregistered users doesn't help. As shoulder put it on another thread, "if you're not a member, you don't need to know anything about them". Note I'm not trying to justify the extents some go to get reviews taken down at all, but am just writing how I think they see it.

And to everyone that thinks we'll let staff make two-word "don't cheat" posts: while opinions are always welcome, those are considered spam and will be dealt with as such.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."
    Thanks

20. Who Said Thanks:

saebrtooth (29.12.09) , alpacino (22.11.09) , SealLion (22.11.09) , Master Razor (22.11.09) , SBcheater (22.11.09) , slikrapid (22.11.09) , Rebound (22.11.09)

Retired Seal
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss2079
    Should I add something here....???

Quote Originally Posted by Master Razor View Post
    I don't like the sound of this. If the admins are here, most definitely aren't here to ask nicely to stop cheating. What business to they have here? ...... Plus, it isn't right: this a cheting commnity AND SHOULD NOT let any representative or admin or owner of trackere in here.
    Believe it or not, tracker staff have been here since conception. A small number of the forum's regular userbase are tracker moderators and are already 'members' and have been for a long time.

Those person's are waaaaaay beyond the simple-minded loathing ideology that normal tracker staff have for cheaters overall.

Those persons have been here for a long time and are cheaters themselves.

They come here on a daily or regular basis to catch up with the latest gossip and integrate themselves amongst us like everybody else does.

Those persons are tracker moderators and that's all I'll say. Those same persons know that we're people just like them and are no different from anybody else....we just do things a little smarter.
    That's all.

They come here knowing what a nice little enclave community exists here. And so they come. As a matter of fact, those same tracker moderators are 'forum-friends" of many other regular members here.

They cheat just like the rest of us do.
    They know about the myths and misconceptions that cheaters hold amongst the rest of the torrenting community.
    They know that a good majority of cheaters seed back to their torrent site. They know that not all cheaters hit and run.

And I am sure that they dont beleive a word of the lies that are spread about cheaters such as cheaters don't seed and so on......'garbage' is what I'd call that.

Were they to tell this to their regular tracker staff??
    Probably not.
    Who want's to give themselves away to the rest of the tracker staff??

So I can definitly understand their need for anonimity.

besides...there's nothing one can really do about preventing tracker staff from joining as equally as trackers can't stop a cheater from signing up, yes??

How would you prevent tracker admins from not signing up here, anyways??
    How do trackers prevent you from signing up at their site??

Your not asked specifically if your a cheater at sign up time. So how could you not then be allowed??

Besides. tracker staff do no harm here.

What could they possibly do??
    Take your birthday away??

Quote Originally Posted by shadowww View Post

I think that can only help them and be useful from tracker staff perspective. I guess they also enjoy reading them, to see comparable review, to see how can they become even better, more competitive....
    Good point. Just as already said elsewhere, reviews are not always one sided. Reviews by actual users probably, at least IMHO, would hold more weight than reveiws done by sites like FSF that want to please everybody. So nice things are said about this 'n that tracker.

Quote Originally Posted by SBcheater View Post

Therefore cheating is not the only thing that we discuss here, SBI is a great platform to discuss from torrenting to scene releases and bitclients and p2p sharing talks and so on. something that I like most about SBI is that each and every of its member have a "Freed of expression", we discuss on realistic issues for example SBI's tracker review section is perhaps the most true picture of actual contents, statistics and performance of a certain private torrent tracker, on the other hand tracker reviews found on other places such as filenetworks, FSF and other forums are not realistic as they force their users to discuss their Good aspects in contrast to here on SBI we have freed of say.
    No kidding, eh??

There's more to this site than meets the eye.
    We talk about a plethora of different things.

News, torrenting, software, opinions,etc..etc...

We're way more than a cheaters den here.
    YOu see, the way I like to think of it is like this:

We've evolved from a cheater's den to a forum that's a place for just about everybody here.

Forget the fact that we're a cheater's den.
    Think of it as a normal forum where people from North and South America, Europe, a couple of penguins and seals from frozen lands, Asia, Australia, the Far East even come here to get together.

There's people here that join the forum that come here for other things instead such as finding invites, making posts about what the latest gossip is, giving information on Unix distro's, making programs run in Unix distros like SBfreak does and making threads about finding some really neat and cool programs, like Starforce does and so on and so on......

I'm also an example of one of those persons.
    I don't just come here for the latest cheating techniques and tips and to downloadd all the latest mods and so forth.
    Personnally, I could care less for that.

Though, once in awhile, I do download a new mod and try it out.
    I'm still a cheater.
    Don't get me wrong.

I love to cheat and see my ratio be 'acceptable', but I don't just come here for all the latest cheating. I come here for other things.
    I come here to catch up on the latest gossip and so forth.

I like to make posts in the News section because I like to engage people in various discussions that, IMO, are of interest or could be of interest to others.

Even if the only person that in the majority of times responds, is slikrapid.
    Maybe once in awhile Alpacino. But I know that from the number of views taken of my News threads, there's a small interested community for my News posts.

and I'm not the only one here who is in that same category of coming here for other things.

There's a few others that I am sure of that are here for 'other things' too.

So that's how I see how this forum has been or is evolving. We're not necessarily a cheater's den. We are truly an international community of people from different places that hold different perspectives, views, and opinions about different things.

I don't iknow how else to say it.
    Last edited by SealLion; 22.11.09 at 21:28.
    "God, from the mount Sinai
    whose grey top shall tremble,
    He descending, will Himself,
    in thunder, lightning, and loud trumpet’s sound,
    ordain them laws".

John Milton (1608-1674) in Paradise Lost

Ripley's SealLion's Believe it or Not! ~ NASCAR car crashes and Windows have just one thing in common.
    Oh, oh. Better use LINUX.
    Thanks

22. Who Said Thanks:

MosDef (07.01.10) , saebrtooth (30.12.09) , slikrapid (23.11.09) , shadowww (23.11.09) , alpacino (22.11.09) , cheatos (22.11.09) , SBfreak (22.11.09) , anon (22.11.09)