Thread: disabled/banned on a tracker?

P2P Client
    UT
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 17/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss10

disabled/banned on a tracker?

let's say that i was banned on a high level tracker. how would i go about creating a new account that would completely differentiate me from my previously banned account, assuming that i had an invite waiting for me. (i.e. how would i make the two accounts look like they were made by different people?)

would i have to go as far as changing my mac address? reformatting? etc.

i'd appreciate any information on this topic.
    Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
    Thanks

Reformatting is out of the question. If you have a dynamic IP then a mac change might not be neccesary but it will give an extra layer of assurance. Also, when creating a new acc, be sure that you will use a username/password/email/country/settings TOTALLY different from the ones you used. Not only that they musn't match but they shouldn't be similar either.
    Thanks

3. Who Said Thanks:

CS Curse (01.11.09)

P2P Client
    UT
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 17/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss10
    i see thanks for the information. what if i have a static ip? then i'd definitely have to change my mac address?
    i think they'd be able to detect the country by using one of those ip checking websites though.
    Thanks

If you have a static IP, you have to change your mac address to change your ip.
    Directly signing up after you got banned is not a good idea btw. Your ip range could easily get you banned again. And another very important thing: Delete your cookies.
    Thanks

P2P Client
    UT
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 17/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss10
    Quote Originally Posted by Manas View Post
    If you have a static IP, you have to change your mac address to change your ip.
    Directly signing up after you got banned is not a good idea btw. Your ip range could easily get you banned again. And another very important thing: Delete your cookies.
    what if i called my ISP to change my ip? would i still have to change my mac address?
    Thanks

I don't think so. But I doubt that a provider will/can change your ip.
    Thanks

8. Who Said Thanks:

denizen (01.11.09)

I don't think so. But I doubt that a provider will/can change your ip.
    its a good idea to give them a call
    i called my ISP for an IP change , they asked some question and said OK.
    rebooted the modem and its changed.
    it worth a try

I am cheatos

Thanks

Activity Longevity
    8/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssss39439
    Yes, thankfully there's no need to reformat. Clearing cache and cookies should be enough.

Master Razor is right about name, pass, etc. Use a completely different username, password, e-mail address and, if you're going to post on the tracker's forums (which I personally wouldn't advice), avatar. Unless you move or (in some rare cases) change your ISP, your IP should still be traceable to the same country, so choosing a different one in your profile may do more harm than good.

If with "static IP" you mean you're paying your provider an extra fee to have a static address, the solution is a bit obvious
    If you mean that it hasn't changed recently instead, spoofing your MAC is worth a try. If you're on Cable, you could also try the script on my sig. (Which my ISP has patched last month )
    About calling your ISP to request an IP change, it's indeed worth a try:
    Quote Originally Posted by splicer View Post
    For future reference, to those who request their ISP change your IP, use this good excuse:
    "I just bought World of Warcraft, and installed it today. When I tried to log in, I was presented with a message saying I was a banned member. I went to the forums and staff there told me to change my IP."
    Just worked for me.
    Oh, and Manas is right about not reregistering right after you got banned. Even if you cleared all traces and such.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."
    Thanks

+ Reply to Thread