Closed Thread
Page 1 of 24 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Cheating on Waffles

Activity Longevity
    0/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss12

Cheating on Waffles

As the title says, I got banned on waffles some time ago.
    Now I'd like to know what gave me away so that I wouldn't make the same mistake on ScL (where I just made an account during open signup) or some other tracker.
    -I used Vuze Extreme Mod 4.2.0.5_B01_DDJ
    -I mostly seeded large packs with lots of leechers (Pimsleur and Rosetta Stone) by downloading only small parts of them (i.e. German only)
    -I generally used UL speeds between 100 and 150KB/s
    -I made a couple of forum posts after reaching Power User status
    -My ratio was around 5 when I got banned, with around 30-40GB uploaded

Now, which of those is the most likely reason I got banned (if some more info is needed, just ask)? If anyone else uses Vuze EM, which speeds/settings do you have set when cheating on waffles?

Thanks in Advance
    Thanks

P2P Client
    Azureus
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss66
    cheating on packs + too high speed + posting in forums = ban

you should have faked less too. you downloaded 5gb and faked 30gb. too much for a music tracker.
    Last edited by capito; 30.09.09 at 09:05.
    Thanks

3. Who Said Thanks:

Azuros (01.10.09)

P2P Client
    WaffleCheat v1.95 build 19928
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss1509
    Well as capito said cheating on packs=ban.
    Also the ratio was too high.
    The last mistaque was that you used big speeds on pack.
    What does a scene tracker tell to a general tracker?
    You're so 5 minutes ago...

Thanks

5. Who Said Thanks:

Azuros (01.10.09)

P2P Client
    mRatio
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss566
    Never cheat on old f*****g packs ....just jump on a new torrents with safe speed.....
    Thanks

7. Who Said Thanks:

Azuros (01.10.09)

P2P Client
    Anything that works
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss86
    Not based on experience but based on analysis

1) Reaching a ratio of 5 (For non-old accounts might be, even for old accounts its better to keep ratio near 2 to be out of close watch)

2) Ratio of what you download from torrent to what you upload (Like if u did download 500 Mb - Upload 5 GB for non hyper active low seeded torrents)?? suspicous enough isn't it?

3) Maybe 100 - 150 was one of the fastest uploading speeds they had for this torrent

4) Forums posts might be monitored and after u did your posts they have checked who was promoted nearly given all of the suspicous information above (Little Part - High Speed Like Ur the only seeder).

5) One more point which is your real speed? If all of the time your real speed is between of uploading is 60 - 70 in most of the time with any kind of torrents and on specific high traffic torrents it rise to 150!! Whoo

I think the one that hurted the most is the second point (Maybe inadditon with ur posts)

-No Own Uploads
    -Low Downloads
    -High Ratio
    -Much traffic uploaded
    -Maybe also your account wasn't 1 year old at least
    Because a ratio of 5 with almost 35 GB?? You did download what 7 Gigs on a tracker like waffles?

When i analyze things. I thought about it would be easier cheating on low traffic torrent, its like no one is watching those?? They are pretty dead already. I know there is a high risk cuz who are you seeding to while there is no much people but low speed would be fine.
    Moreover, they might be dedicated moderators to inspect highly swarmed torrents.

One more thing, the person above me is as DriftKing said....
    Last edited by arnold; 30.09.09 at 12:40.
    Thanks

9. Who Said Thanks:

Azuros (01.10.09)

Activity Longevity
    11/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    4/5 ssss39385
    Azuros, I basically agree with the rest of the posters:
    • a ratio of 5 on a hard to seed tracker like Waffles draws some attention,
    • your two posts were two more places where your fake upload could be seen,
    • faking on packs at those speeds continuously is definitely suspicious - you were shown as uploading at 150kB/s in the peerlist, while the rest of the leechers probably didn't go above 10kB/s,
    • furthermore, you only had 6-8 GB downloaded but 30-40 GB uploaded, such a buffer isn't advisable on Waffles because of the same reason mentioned in the first point.

Now I'd like to know what gave me away so that I wouldn't make the same mistake on ScL (where I just made an account during open signup) or some other tracker.
    Every tracker is a world. ScL is much easier to cheat on than Waffles, you can leave your client cheating on well-leeched packs for hours and won't get caught. On other trackers, cheating will be different.

Now, which of those is the most likely reason I got banned (if some more info is needed, just ask)? If anyone else uses Vuze EM, which speeds/settings do you have set when cheating on waffles?
    The Waffles method? By the way, there's a newer version of the Extreme Mod out.2

Quote Originally Posted by arnold View Post
    When i analyze things. I thought about it would be easier cheating on low traffic torrent, its like no one is watching those?? They are pretty dead already. I know there is a high risk cuz who are you seeding to while there is no much people but low speed would be fine.
    Even if you're doing 5kB/s, that's 5kB/s on a torrent where no one is downloading anything. A bit risky in my opinion.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."
    Thanks

11. Who Said Thanks:

Azuros (01.10.09)

Activity Longevity
    0/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss56
    -I made a couple of forum posts after reaching Power User status
    Beside other facts that others said above, I think this is one of your biggest mistake :
    Creating a couple forum posts after you change class, especially that says "Hey I just become a Power User" is like asking the staff to check your account statistic, very risky.
    Thanks

13. Who Said Thanks:

Azuros (01.10.09)

Activity Longevity
    11/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    4/5 ssss39385
    And if I remember correctly, there can a delay of up to 24 hours before "the system" promotes your account. This sounds a bit like their staff is reviewing everyone before promoting them to me.
    Thanks

P2P Client
    Anything that works
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss86
    I agree with the 2 posts above, but i think the "Waffles" could have an affiliation with one of those forums and had access to ur IP!!
    Last edited by arnold; 30.09.09 at 19:13.
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    11/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    4/5 ssss39385
    It's Waffles's own forums he posted on.
    Thanks

P2P Client
    vuze extreme mod
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss336
    Quote Originally Posted by anon View Post
    It's Waffles's own forums he posted on.
    I, personally, am too afraid to be very active in the waffles forums. The number of disabled users that have posted on fresh topics is alarming. I have my seeding system down since I joined long ago and my stats are very average, but I still just read the forums for entertainment at times or go there for the occasional invite. I don't bother with large packs anymore and mostly build my buffer with new torrents in the top10. The Vuze extreme mod is my friend and it allows me to get all the music I want and keep a modest ratio.

It can be hard at first, but patience is key. Cheat slowly and use all available stats. Monitor the peerlist for great success. Better luck next time.
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    0/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss12
    Thank you all for your quick replies.
    So to sum it all up:
    -no forum posts
    -no seeding of large packs
    -keep my ratio around 2
    -keep the ratio for specific torrents low as well

So I guess I should just stick with newly uploaded stuff in the future?
    More importantly, I'm still not quite clear which speed should I fake? Do you decide it on torrent by torrent basis or keep consistent for the whole tracker? My actual upload is between 10 and 30KB/s.
    I suppose it's better to keep it low on hard to seed trackers like waffles, but what about trackers with large torrents/packs like ScL or SciHD? I'm not greedy, but now that I know keeping a large buffer is a bad idea, downloading a 5GB torrent while keeping a good ratio doesn't sound that simple.
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    11/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    4/5 ssss39385
    -no forum posts
    -no seeding of large packs
    -keep my ratio around 2
    -keep the ratio for specific torrents low as well
    Sounds about right

So I guess I should just stick with newly uploaded stuff in the future?
    I think yes, or otherwise pick something that has a lot of real leechers. Don't be fooled by those full of partial seeders like the Rosetta or Pimsleur packs.

More importantly, I'm still not quite clear which speed should I fake? Do you decide it on torrent by torrent basis or keep consistent for the whole tracker? My actual upload is between 10 and 30KB/s.
    You could use the Waffles method. It works perfectly. You still need to pick a good torrent as mentioned above, though, but after you do the initial faking all you'll have to care about is staying seeding.

I suppose it's better to keep it low on hard to seed trackers like waffles, but what about trackers with large torrents/packs like ScL or SciHD?
    Well, on ScL I have cheated around 20GB with the RM, most of it on packs. You can be less careful there. About SciHD, I haven't tried anything there yet.
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    4/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss4827
    And in case you don't want to use the Waffles Method, adjust your speed on every torrent, there's no always working one.

------------------------------>>>>>>>>>> <<<<<<<<<<------------------------------

Thanks

Activity Longevity
    0/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss110
    Bad luck Azuros, hopefully you learn from your mistakes and become more experienced in the craft xD
    Last edited by anon; 01.10.09 at 03:06. Reason: No invite asking
    Thanks

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 24 12311 ... LastLast