Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 31 to 40 of 40

Thread: Underrated movies.

  1. #31
    SilkTouch's Avatar
    Join Date
    14.12.12
    Location
    Pickaxe
    Posts
    33
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 11/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss33
    Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest.

    Maybe not completely underrated, but people are giving it too much crap.
    Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
    Thanks

  2. #32
    Retired Seal Freaky Fun Champion, Christmas Shooting Gallery Champion, Christmas Party Champion, Christmas Zombie Defence Champion, Cyberclasm Champion
    SealLion's Avatar
    Join Date
    03.05.08
    Location
    The Arctic--Believe it!!
    Posts
    2,081
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss2081
    Quote Originally Posted by SilkTouch View Post
    Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest.

    ..., but people are giving it too much crap.
    Maybe for good reason??

    I personally wouldn't know as I've never seen. Though in my experience and opinion, if a film has bad consumer reviews (note, I mentioned 'consumer', not film critic), then it might at times refer to the idea that it isn't really all as hot as the trailers make the films out as.
    "God, from the mount Sinai
    whose grey top shall tremble,
    He descending, will Himself,
    in thunder, lightning, and loud trumpet’s sound,
    ordain them laws".


    John Milton (1608-1674) in Paradise Lost


    Ripley's SealLion's Believe it or Not! ~ NASCAR car crashes and Windows have just one thing in common.
    Oh, oh. Better use LINUX.
    Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
    Thanks

  3. #33
    SilkTouch's Avatar
    Join Date
    14.12.12
    Location
    Pickaxe
    Posts
    33
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 11/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss33
    Quote Originally Posted by SealLion View Post
    Maybe for good reason??

    I personally wouldn't know as I've never seen. Though in my experience and opinion, if a film has bad consumer reviews (note, I mentioned 'consumer', not film critic), then it might at times refer to the idea that it isn't really all as hot as the trailers make the films out as.
    I disagree. People are sheep.
    They wanted the movie to be the same as the first part, but if the sequel would of been the same no one would still be satisfied.
    It has nothing to do with trailer or false impressions. People should compare the today's crap movie gallery and good movies that are worth watching like one I mentioned above. It won a Oscar for God's sake.
    Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
    Thanks

  4. #34
    Advanced User yoco's Avatar
    Join Date
    23.02.08
    Location
    Slovenia
    P2P Client
    Azureus
    Posts
    7,542
    Activity Longevity
    9/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss7542
    The first one was brilliant movie. Other two not so much, but still satisfying. I wouldn't call them crap, cuz I did go watch them in cinema, maybe a little too hard to understand at first.
    Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
    Thanks

  5. #35
    Advanced User
    slikrapid's Avatar
    Join Date
    22.06.08
    Location
    astral planes
    P2P Client
    sbi finest
    Posts
    2,898
    Activity Longevity
    6/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 sssss2898
    the first one was decent/good, others kept repeating the same old with increasingly bizarre situations and decreasingly inspired scriptwriters/actors/directors, failing to be even moderately satisfactory

    Quote Originally Posted by SealLion
    Maybe for good reason??
    +1

    Quote Originally Posted by SilkTouch
    People are sheep.
    ...
    It won a Oscar for God's sake.
    btw, oscars are guidelines for sheep
    Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
    Thanks

  6. #36
    SilkTouch's Avatar
    Join Date
    14.12.12
    Location
    Pickaxe
    Posts
    33
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 11/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss33
    Quote Originally Posted by slikrapid View Post
    btw, oscars are guidelines for sheep
    I never stated that Oscar is a guideline for being good. And I disagree with your logic, any guideline people might follow would make them sheep then.
    Oscar is awarded to movies for being best at some criteria. What I was talking about is that movie is good, while people give it shit because they are ignorant.

    Also I despise the fuss about Oscars being meaningless. I've heard lots of people saying "a different movie should of won", but I have never heard people saying "the movie didn't deserve a Oscar.
    They are rating given by certain people, where is choice to be made there are always going to be disagreements.
    Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
    Thanks

  7. #37
    Advanced User
    slikrapid's Avatar
    Join Date
    22.06.08
    Location
    astral planes
    P2P Client
    sbi finest
    Posts
    2,898
    Activity Longevity
    6/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 sssss2898
    any guideline people might follow would make them sheep then.
    ...
    while people give it shit because they are ignorant.
    ...
    Also I despise the fuss about Oscars being meaningless.
    exaggerating things won't make your arguments 'hold more water'

    I have never heard people saying "the movie didn't deserve a Oscar.
    you sure about that?

    in fact, i'd agree on that last part (on a more fundamental level of perception):
    - everything they got was deserved
    - proof: 'it happened'
    - now try expanding that idea onto everything else that happens anywhere else
    - to quote another movie: 'can you dig it'?

    They are rating given by certain people
    qualified personnel or experts to be exact - sheeple don't question their decisions and/or the pre-arranged set of choices and/or ...
    Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
    Thanks

  8. #38
    Retired Seal Freaky Fun Champion, Christmas Shooting Gallery Champion, Christmas Party Champion, Christmas Zombie Defence Champion, Cyberclasm Champion
    SealLion's Avatar
    Join Date
    03.05.08
    Location
    The Arctic--Believe it!!
    Posts
    2,081
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss2081
    Sometimes movies don't deserve an Oscar. I look at it this way in explaining that statement. Film critics aren't entirely independent of peer pressures and current trends. Film critics and/or reviewers at times need to take into consideration their relationships with actors and directors. That is if they want to get easy access to more reviews (hint...$$$$$) in the future. Supply enough positive reviews and the sheep will follow. So will the Oscars and so does the money.

    As a side note (or question more so), why the statement that people are ignorant when they give it shit?? If I might ask, ignorant in what way??

    Ignorance with respect to a lack of knowledge base on how to review/what to say over a film?? If you agree with that, then I would disagree with you. (Notice I bolded and underscored the word 'If' as you'll have to ensure whether or not I was reading you correctly). Who's to say that non-professional reviewers are the ones that are ignorant and don't know how to review a film and hence give it 'shit'?? Again, you'll have to tell me if I was reading you correctly or not when you made that statement.
    Last edited by SealLion; 15.12.12 at 06:40.
    "God, from the mount Sinai
    whose grey top shall tremble,
    He descending, will Himself,
    in thunder, lightning, and loud trumpet’s sound,
    ordain them laws".


    John Milton (1608-1674) in Paradise Lost


    Ripley's SealLion's Believe it or Not! ~ NASCAR car crashes and Windows have just one thing in common.
    Oh, oh. Better use LINUX.
    Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
    Thanks

  9. #39

    Join Date
    05.07.12
    Posts
    38
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 12/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss38
    I watched this movie caught Caught Inside one day and was pleasantly surprised. Definitely underrated.
    Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
    Thanks

  10. #40
    PukingTom's Avatar
    Join Date
    21.11.17
    Location
    Mars
    Posts
    59
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 3/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss59
    The Boat That Rocked.

    Please watch it. It deserves the popularity!
    Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
    Thanks

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •