Thread: Inception

Advanced User
    P2P Client
    Azureus
    Activity Longevity
    6/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 sssss7977
    Man, my cousin spoiled a bit of story yesterday. Seriously I wanted to knock him out for that. All I hope now is that I'll forget a bit when I'll watch movie!
    Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
    Thanks

P2P Client
    sbi finest
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss3125
    watched it the other day and wasn't really impressed, sure, the plot was interesting at first, but later on it just became a pointless exercise in visual effects and meaningless (shooting) action, none of the events or characters (except the lead one) were defined beyond the superficial and the acting was definitely not something one would remember as even above average - to see it land at nr.4 of the imdb all-time best rated movies is just pathetic as there are definitely many, many better movies than this one - it may as well be a sign of declining standards in film-making (the optimistic view)

furthermore, this is one of those movies where one gets a glimpse of the future-to-come or wishful-thinking, stating explicitly that 'your mind is the scene of the crime', connecting with the previous movies with such a theme of abusing people's minds, like in the matrix (continuous virtual reality as substitute for living experiences) or minority report (thought crimes), not to mention that the actual criminals in this movie get to be rewarded for their 'mental intrusion' and the corporations running these operations making their own rules as they please (as they already do nowadays), so it could just as well fit in the category of predictive programming for the future
    Thanks

P2P Client
    uTorrent
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 17/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss402
    Quote Originally Posted by slikrapid View Post
    nr.4 of the imdb all-time best rated movies is just pathetic
    1. 9.2 The Shawshank Redemption (1994)529,487
    2. 9.1 The Godfather (1972)417,408
    3. 9.0 The Godfather: Part II (1974) 249,857
    4. 9.0 Inception (2010) 210,812
    5. 8.9 The Good, the Bad and the Ugly (1966) 163,943
    6. 8.9 Pulp Fiction (1994) 424,686
    7. 8.9 Schindler's List (1993) 281,038
    8. 8.9 12 Angry Men (1957) 122,033
    9. 8.8 One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest (1975) 218,499
    10. 8.8 The Dark Knight (2008) 473,417
    Excluding number 3,5,8,9 (old movies) you can see that the number of votes for the movies is much greater than the one for Inception. So, it's still too early for Inception to stay up there forever. When the 'critical reviewers' (as opposed to people who their opinion depends on 1- their mood after the movie or who they went with ) vote and share their thoughts, the movie will step down a few ranks. I haven't watched the move yet but from what I've heard, a few places below 4 is the right place for it.

Quote Originally Posted by slikrapid View Post
    it may as well be a sign of declining standards in film-making (the optimistic view)
    That's what is happening. In my opinion, there's nothing anyone can do, there are no plots without the usual clichés. Unless, another war brings new plots, who knows, there might be one soon

PS. I suggest you make an account in IMDB (if you haven't got one already) and start voting for the movies. I've already suggested a movie critic career for you but you had strong views on that as I remeber , this isn't the same. You can write a review and no one can discuss it with you, they can only say if it was helpful or not.
    Thanks

4. Who Said Thanks:

slikrapid (02.11.10)

P2P Client
    sbi finest
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss3125
    Quote Originally Posted by caballero
    Excluding number 3,5,8,9 (old movies) you can see that the number of votes for the movies is much greater than the one for Inception. So, it's still too early
    the number of votes in such a short period of time shows the extent of its hyped nature, as for being early i'd disagree, as 200,000+ votes should definitely be representative enough for the long term trends, meaning it won't fluctuate much - but then again, since the imdb scores are highly likely the result of manipulations it doesn't really matter how people vote as some titles will remain favored regardless of the actual statistics

Quote Originally Posted by caballero
    there are no plots without the usual clichés. Unless, another war brings new plots
    it doesn't matter, a good movie will be the one the viewer likes to watch (tends to admire/respect and so on), for whatever reason - even though most of the really original ideas have already been used, there will still be occasional quality variations - the problem nowadays is that the established directors/actors don't seem to live up to their former 'glory' and the newer generations aren't as skilled/dedicated/enthusiastic as the ones before them, though these trends are paralleled with the societal ones as well, feeding from each other and sharing a similar development

as for the imdb account issue, it is already partially explained above, suffice it to add that the occasional short sbi 'reviews'/opinions are as far as i intend to go
    Thanks

6. Who Said Thanks:

caballero (02.11.10)

i'll wait for remuxes to appear.. BD is dated for dec 7 release so hardly a month left :)
    Thanks

P2P Client
    utorrent
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 16/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssssss4

Cool

I've seen it twice. Really impressive, especially the great perfomance of Leonardo. This year his <Shutter Island> is also fantastic~~~
    Thanks

Finally DVD it's out,waited for a long time.This weekend i will watch afther 2 redbull's because u have 2 be concetrate!
    Thanks

Advanced User
    P2P Client
    Azureus
    Activity Longevity
    6/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 sssss7977
    x9wave, lol, you serious? Is it true that HD is not coming for another month?
    Thanks

YOCO : Joking,but if im tired im not gonna watch it because iz heavy & i dont have pacient or im thinking of different things!Someone told me that have'd see Inception twice to understand it ...I dont know when HD it's cooming out,but dvd quality work's 4 me :)
    Thanks

P2P Client
    uTorrent
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 17/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss63
    @ x9wave
    You don't have to watch it twice, if you pay enough attention while watching it first time. I thought Memento was more confusing than this.
    btw, Blu-Ray will release on 7 Dec.
    Thanks

Advanced User
    P2P Client
    Azureus
    Activity Longevity
    6/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 sssss7977
    Agree with the post above. Maybe you don't get it completely everything the first time, but it should be enough to know what's happening.

And Memento really is confusing! I should watch it again
    Thanks

I have'd seem him yesterday night.Good movie...They have stole a little bit from Matrix the idea of the dreams.I dind't understand at the end the last's minutes when it's have'd turn back or was another dream !!!!Because they dont show what the chinese guy make'd with the gun.They show only that his take the gun...but he shot him or not?
    Thanks

P2P Client
    uTorrrent
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 17/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss170
    It's not Chinese guy, It's Japanese guy Shot or not,it's not important because in the end, the totem was shaking after running for a while. I think that means the totem will be fallen.
    Thanks

P2P Client
    VEM
    Activity Longevity
    6/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss1620
    I watched it yesterday

Awesome movie,some ideas were taken in my opinion from Matrix The Matrix (1999) - IMDb and Paprika Paprika (2006) - IMDb

Well looks like Nolan's movies are getting better

I liked it ,I'm thinking in watch this movie again too
    Last edited by Blocker; 09.11.10 at 03:35.
    Thanks

17. Who Said Thanks:

yoco (09.11.10)

Blocker : u gonna watch again because u dind't understand it???HAhahahah....Joking!
    Thanks

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast