+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The best scene releases indexing sites

The best scene releases indexing sites

Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
    Thanks

2. Who Said Thanks:

Lucius (17.01.22) , DashingDave (16.10.18) , jezuis (29.01.12) , sitter (28.05.11) , DarkSaibot v.1.3.10 (13.02.10) , cutiepie (26.07.09) , SBfreak (25.07.09) , hearthrob (25.07.09)

P2P Client
    rTorrent
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss445
    When i need something i just prefer to search tracker with scene releases. I can't find any usage of this indexing sites for me.
    Thanks

P2P Client
    vuze extreme mod
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss336
    A great resource I like to use are the PRE and TRACER channels on IRC. Alot of private trackers have them and their are a few public ones.

A good public one is:

irc.p2p-net.eu (6697 and 7000 for SSL)
    #pre - announces PREtimes
    #tracers - tracks who gets the releases and in what order
    #pre.search - allows you to search the entire database by keyword
    Thanks

5. Who Said Thanks:

alpacino (26.07.09)

P2P Client
    CustomClient®
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 8/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss29
    when you guys created this list?
    seriously

just google it and you see its IMPOSSIBLE to post scene releases before me
    I have 2 x 10 G adaptors for uploading half PB/month
    on 4 TB SSD

Scene dash rls dot net
    dot com
    and few other domains

I use them alternately to keep alexa always above some numbers
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    11/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    4/5 ssss39385
    This thread's 9th birthday was just a few days ago, I don't think hardware like yours even existed then.

Anyway, I wanted to pay your sites a visit, but they ask for a captcha
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    0/20 8/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss49
    where can i find info about music releases by the scene? i can find about games, movies, but i didn't find about music, i sometimes hear about "the scene" related to music, i don't know which are the releases, anyone can explain me about that?
    Last edited by axanon1; 31.08.18 at 01:38.
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    11/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    4/5 ssss39385
    Well, what's wrong with indexing sites and tracer channels such as the ones mentioned in this very thread? They should also list scene music releases.

By the way, 90% of those are either trance/techno/electronic or compilations, which is why none of trackers focusing exclusively on them made it past 2011.
    Thanks

10. Who Said Thanks:

axanon1 (31.08.18)

P2P Client
    utorrent
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 15/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss451
    Thanks

12. Who Said Thanks:

anon (03.09.18)

P2P Client
    CustomClient®
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 8/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss29
    Scene/P2P/BTN download sites

Scene-RLS.net

fastest poster
    covers all Important PRiVATE Trackers/IRC channels + Top site subscription
    plus all Impotant Public P2P [doesn't matter with or without feed]

BTN/HDBits/REVO subscriptions

check alexa rank how fast it's getting near 3k usa and 1k UK [which my previous domain was before I switch to .net] due to dmca pressure

these are not pormotion ,I never add my site any where [Please google it ,you will never see such words]
    I like this forurm
    Last edited by Artbabelitta; 06.06.19 at 17:26.
    Thanks

14. Who Said Thanks:

5thDimension (15.12.21) , JohnareyouOK (07.01.21)

Hey there, do anyone know decent scene download sites, working recently?
    The TV contents that I'm looking for mainly comes from following scene groups:

aAF, ADRENALiNE, AJP69, ARiESTV, BRAVERY, COMPULSiON, CookieMonster, Counterfeit, CRAVERS, CRiMSON, CTU, DAWN, DEFLATE, DIMENSION, DiRT, DUNGHiLL, EDHD, EVOLVE, EXPLOIT, FEVER, FLAME, FoV, GOSSIP, HDMI, iKA, IMMERSE, KILLERS, KiNGS, NOMA, R0CKED, REGRET, SA89, SAiNTS, SERIOUSLY, SHORTBREHD, SPHD, STRiFE, STRONTiUM, SoW, UNDERBELLY, ViSUM, W4F, WaLMaRT, YELLOWBiRD, KOGi, GLHF, BAE, MERCATOR

Movies:

ABM, ALLiANCE, AMIABLE, BAKED, CiNEFiLE, CinemaniacS, CiNEMATiC, CMRG, COALiTiON, COASTER, COJONUDO, ENCOUNTERS, FGT, FORBiDDEN, GECKOS, HUZZAH, KamiKaze, LAZERS, MZABI, NAISU, RUMOUR, SADPANDA, SAPHiRE, SiNNERS, SPARKS, TWiZTED, UNiVERSUM, UNVEiL

And some of the old series are somewhat hard to find in private trackers in decent quality. So I'm trying to locate of those scene groups' main sources and switch my main download places. I assume that scene releases are generally comes with premium DDL links. Are there any other methods (IRC, Soulseek etc.) to obtain them other than that and usenet indexers?

Thanks in advance.
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    11/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    4/5 ssss39385
    First of all, the scene doesn't have any "download sites" or "main sources", and will absolutely not supply file host links of any kind. True scene access is private and FTP-based, and their material is not meant to reach the public at all (how and why that does happen is beyond the scope of this explanation).

This makes locating old releases that are no longer seeded or available anywhere a complex proposition. No one will provide you with access to topsites, and if a certain group keeps archives at all, you won't have any means of direct contact either. There are very thorough PreDBs providing details on releases from 20 years ago and beyond, but they don't offer downloads, only metadata.

My advice is to treat them as you would any rare content and turn to the usual resources (see http://www.sb-innovation.de/showthread.php?p=363210), although there is another potential path: if you do a search online, you'll find offers of "unofficial" scene access, at least one of which claims to have a particularly large archive... for a fee. Should you find that acceptable, do your research first and don't expect refunds.
    Thanks

17. Who Said Thanks:

5thDimension (17.01.22)

Thank you for your reply, anon.

Since there is a wall of text list around, of many Scene encoders and P2P release groups, I thought, at least, some of them can be accesible with a little effort. So where are come from the contents that posted in the sites like Scene-RLS.net/com? This looks so odd to me. Then where are come from those newest releases everyday? How they leak them anyway? Only usenet? I think the private trackers are out of the question since the scene groups are different and you can't find scene releases there if related tracker is not in the 0day category such as AR, SuperBits etc.

I also remember some NFO files that contains lines like this:

.....:: looking for sites ::....
    .....:: find us. ::....

This is from swedish DiRT group.

I feel I'll find some sites/places of them. It's just matter of time and knowledge.

Edit: I got some ideas with these links: Topsite, Warez scene, The iSONEWS
    Pirates: So You Want to Join 'The Scene'?
    The Scene: Pirates Ripping Content From Amazon & Netflix
    Interview with a Warez Scene Releaser
    Last edited by 5thDimension; 17.01.22 at 19:13.
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    11/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    4/5 ssss39385
    Quote Originally Posted by 5thDimension View Post
    So where are come from the contents that posted in the sites like Scene-RLS.net/com? This looks so odd to me. Then where are come from those newest releases everyday? How they leak them anyway?
    http://www.sb-innovation.de/showthread.php?t=4609 will give you a decent overview (look, posts from when I was a kid there!). Basically, there are four ways to "feed" content to a scene tracker.
    1. running your own topsites. This is the best choice and the one all serious contenders take or have taken; you're extremely unlikely to get caught and reported when you're the captain of the ship. However, it is also the most expensive, with the costs of hardware and connectivity in the low to mid quadruple digits per month.
    2. buying a FTP leech slot from an existing, unscrupulous insider. Quick and easy, but doesn't scale well. You'll get purged when admins grep the access logs and notice you grabbing everything as soon as it's up.
    3. taking files from other torrent trackers (see below). Frowned upon and won't win you many pre races, but you never know.
    4. defer the choice to your uploaders, and have them take responsibility if things go wrong.

Back in the day, ScT, SCC and GFT were the Big 3 of confirmed, solid connections to the scene, and all had a "don't use us as a source for other sites" (i.e. don't steal the files we're stealing) rule. There was a small scandal when a torrent with an SCC NFO made it to TL, and how I wish I'd taken a screenshot, because I saw it with my own eyes Nonetheless, most scene content eventually trickles down and becomes public by one or more instances of point no. 3... no one is delusional enough to think IPT or TPB have direct access, I hope.

I also remember some NFO files that contains lines like this:
    A few small groups even leave contact data, but that's very rare and there's a rigorous vetting process. Remember that if you can get in just by asking nicely, so can the cops.
    Thanks

20. Who Said Thanks:

5thDimension (18.01.22)

Thank you for the detailed explanation, anon.

I'm not into trying to join the scene anyway. That's beyond of me. I just wondered if I can find a decent archival source of them in public not internal, such as a newsgroup (alt.binaries.teevee) or an eMule server etc.
    Last edited by 5thDimension; 18.01.22 at 09:10.
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    11/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    4/5 ssss39385
    Sadly there isn't a centralized archive I'm aware of. You'll have to look everywhere, try everything, be persistent, and accept the fact there are things you won't find anymore (either in the format you want or at all), even if they have been uploaded at some point. Good luck with the quest.
    Thanks

23. Who Said Thanks:

5thDimension (19.01.22)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast