+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 36 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: [Tutorial about the BiglyBT Extreme Mod] All settings explained

Activity Longevity
    5/20 17/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss6660
    Quote Originally Posted by anon View Post
    Ratio mode may be fine for low-level trackers, but don't use it on those with good scripts.
    i know but i needed to compensate what speed mode did

It's a mystery to me, too. Perhaps it was just a temporal tracker issü or something like that, because your settings look fine... you should play around with it a bit more
    well i don't know what i could have made wrong.
    the tracker was fine since he reported my stuff correctly hence my ration was in free fall

---------- Post added at 01:51 ---------- Previous post was at 01:02 ----------

got it:

it wasn't clear to me that the 'speed between' fields are always active. i thought they'd belong to the last option of speed mode.
    maybe one could separate that a bit more optically or so ...
    Last edited by Instab; 19.09.09 at 02:51.
    Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    11/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    5/5 ssss39386
    Quote Originally Posted by VwTE1r View Post
    it wasn't clear to me that the 'speed between' fields are always active. i thought they'd belong to the last option of speed mode.
    If you mean these:

So it is, as far as I know they belong to Speed mode++ alone.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    5/20 17/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss6660
    exactly but in my version no line is grayed out so i thought it's part of the last option and not a general setting for speed mode
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    11/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    5/5 ssss39386
    no line is grayed out
    If you mean the text fields below "Stop faking when the following ratio is reached", they only become available when you tick that checkbox.
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    5/20 17/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss6660
    If you mean the text fields below "Stop faking when the following ratio is reached", they only become available when you tick that checkbox.
    check my screenshot. it's not that clear on the mac.
    anyway i think that could be separated a bit better.

---------- Post added at 19:25 ---------- Previous post was at 05:25 ----------

don't get me wrong the mod is great
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    5/20 17/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss6660
    are there any known complications when using the option #8 (more time between announces)?

could come in handy when the download takes slightly longer than the normal update timespan in combination with the "stop after complete" option.
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    11/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    5/5 ssss39386
    are there any known complications when using the option #8 (more time between announces)?
    The tracker could notice your client is updating faster than it should. Although to be honest, in most cases you should be fine as long as you don't set the divisor too high. (20 is the maximum)
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    5/20 17/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss6660
    The tracker could notice your client is updating faster than it should.
    faster?
    i thought it will divide the time by x.

why should anyone want faster updates?
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    11/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    5/5 ssss39386
    faster?
    i thought it will divide the time by x.
    Exactly. Note with "faster" I meant more updates in the same amount of time.

why should anyone want faster updates?
    I'm not sure. Perhaps that's option is there just for testing or experimental purposes.
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    5/20 17/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss6660
    of course, my bad, never mind

---------- Post added 22.10.09 at 04:55 ---------- Previous post was 21.10.09 at 22:52 ----------

the peer/seed ratio valü dösn't seem to work after the torrent has been moved to the seedlist.
    worked fine while downloading tho ...
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    11/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    5/5 ssss39386
    the peer/seed ratio value doesn't seem to work after the torrent has been moved to the seedlist.
    It works fine here:
    Thanks

P2P Client
    vuze (portable)
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss119
    i am trying out vuze right now, but have some questions.

1) i dont really get the peer/seed ratio setting % (13), so when there are 9seeds and 1 peer, the fake will be disabled at the default setting of 10, right? so i have to set this to - say 2% if i want to fake also when there are only 2 seeds and 1 peer (i am one seed)?

2) if the average swarm speed is like 50kbs and my fake upload (18j) is set to higher than that, will it be reduced automatically? if yes to which amount? because i had yesterday a swarm that had 90kbps average and i was still faking at ~80kbs, isnt this too suspicious?

3) is there a difference in faking in speed mode++ and multi uploader for the tracker? say i am faking with ++ 30kbs and no real upload, what is the difference then to real upload 15kps with multiplier 2x ? would this make sense? is this harder to track?

4) how do i get rid of the seperate little on top bar that shows up everytime i start a torrent?

thx
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    11/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    5/5 ssss39386
    1. in that case, you'd need to set it to 50%, I think. Or you can also set both values to 0 to make the mod always fake.

2. it won't, although it'll also never go above the max fake upload speed you set, and yes, it is. This is why you have to keep an eye on what's going on.

3. the tracker will see 30kB/s in both cases, of course. Although if the swarm is small, doing some real upload and multiplying it could give you more "cover" than just faking without uploading.

4. if you mean the download bar, make sure Tools -> Options -> Interface -> Auto open download bar is unticked.
    Thanks

P2P Client
    vuze (portable)
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss119
    1. in that case, you'd need to set it to 50%, I think. Or you can also set both values to 0 to make the mod always fake.
    50%? if there were ie 3 seeds and 1 peer the ratio would be 33% and fake upload would be stopped.
    or is it counted from the seeds side, so the ratio is then 300% ? so 10% would be like 1 seed and 10 peers ?

2. it won't, although it'll also never go above the max fake upload speed you set, and yes, it is. This is why you have to keep an eye on what's going on.
    wait, so your saying, when i set the fake up to 50kbs and the swarm speed is like 5kbps because there is only one seeder and 2 leechers the fake would still go the full 50kbs? hm, thats indeed not really useful then on smaller trackers...
    this should be defenitely changed then in the mod. maybe a setting like
    swarmspeed : amount of peers = max upload * [x] ?
    so the max faked would never exceed the value..

3. the tracker will see 30kB/s in both cases, of course. Although if the swarm is small, doing some real upload and multiplying it could give you more "cover" than just faking without uploading.
    cover like the difference between seeded amount and downloaded amount for a torrent thats counted by the tracker? hm, that would then make sense then at torrents with little seeds.[/QUOTE]
    ok trying further
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    11/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    5/5 ssss39386
    Quote Originally Posted by pillow View Post
    50%? if there were ie 3 seeds and 1 peer the ratio would be 33% and fake upload would be stopped or is it counted from the seeds side, so the ratio is then 300% ? so 10% would be like 1 seed and 10 peers ?
    It's a peer:seed ratio. In the first case you mentioned, there's 1 peer for every 3 seeds, so the % is indeed 33.

wait, so your saying, when i set the fake up to 50kbs and the swarm speed is like 5kbps because there is only one seeder and 2 leechers the fake would still go the full 50kbs?
    Yes, that's right. About your feature suggestion, I remember someone once mentioned implementing a setting to make the mod use the swarm avg. speed as a maximum fake upload speed. I think this would work out fine to avoid faking faster than the swarm, too.

cover like the difference between seeded amount and downloaded amount for a torrent thats counted by the tracker?
    I meant that if someone is looking at the small swarm and sees you uploading, that'll be less suspicious than if you didn't upload anything, yet reported 30kB/s.
    Thanks

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 36 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast