+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 36 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

Thread: [Tutorial about the BiglyBT Extreme Mod] All settings explained

Activity Longevity
    11/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    4/5 ssss39385
    Quote Originally Posted by houseonfire View Post
    1) Is the ratio tool similar to ratio master but with randomization?
    Yeah, pretty much.

What is the 'finished__%' for?
    Same function as in RM.

2) In ratio tool, 'add stopped' is same as using ratio master without actually downloading in your torrent client?
    It's to add the torrent as stopped. It will be forcibly started, otherwise.

3) Is the real upload also included in ratio tool method?
    That's a good question.

4) In 'fake report' method, there is an option to limit the total upload at x of the filesize. Does this stop the upload all of a sudden even if download is not complete?
    As far as I know it only brings the reported upload to FileSize*a if it's higher than that, and does nothing if it's lower.

And what does report: filesize x 'a' (a= the number set) mean?
    FileSize*a is the maximum upload that will be reported if you tick the checkbox on point 13. a is the number you type there.

5) Is the real upload also included in fake report method (unless I choose not to)?
    It you tick checkbox 17c it is. Otherwise, it's not.

6) There's a option that says stop faking when a certain ratio is reached but then it has a box for alternate speed when the ratio is reached. I don't really get this.
    "Stop" actually means "use alternate speeds" there. The default is 0-0, and that effectively stops fake uploading when you reach your desired ratio. But you can change it to simply a different speed if you wish.

7) Theres an option to stop faking when swarm speed is 0 but doesn't this have the same effect as choosing not to fake when connected to less than 1 peer?
    I never used that option.

Finally I guess ratio tool works till i exit vuze or it reaches the uplaod and download goal while 'fake report' stops when I stop the torrent right?
    Both will stop when you stop the torrent.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."
    Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
    Thanks

2. Who Said Thanks:

houseonfire (07.12.11)

3) Is the real upload also included in ratio tool method?
    the ratio tool doesn't download the torrent for real, so there isn't any 'real upload' which could be included.
    7) Theres an option to stop faking when swarm speed is 0 but doesn't this have the same effect as choosing not to fake when connected to less than 1 peer?
    it's like comparing apples and oranges. conected to x peers is the amount of peers you're connected to. swarm speed is the average speed of the peers you're connected to.
    Thanks

4. Who Said Thanks:

houseonfire (07.12.11) , anon (07.12.11)

Thankyou Anon and Ghostfucker for answering my questions. I have a few more doubts
    What is the 'finished__%' for?
    Same function as in RM.
    I've never used RM. I only know that you need to feed it the .torrent and it keeps sending fake data to the tracker without any real download or upload. I've dont have much idea what 'finished__%' is for.

In ratio tool, 'add stopped' is same as using ratio master without actually downloading in your torrent client?
    It's to add the torrent as stopped. It will be forcibly started, otherwise.
    Here is what confuses me. You clearly say it goes on announcing fake stats until the condition is met (ratio or whateveter..). Now if I don't use 'add stopped', will it stop announcements as soon as torrent stops or goes on announcing till the client is open?

In 'fake report' method, there is an option to limit the total upload at x of the filesize. Does this stop the upload all of a sudden even if download is not complete?
    As far as I know it only brings the reported upload to FileSize*a if it's higher than that, and does nothing if it's lower.
    So lets say filesize is 500MB and a is 1. At nth announcement it tells tracker upload is 450MB and in the next announcement it wants to report upload as 530MB but instead reports it as 500MB so as to abide by the rule we set but file hasn't done downloading yet, so in (n+2)th announcement it again reports the same 500MB (plus a little more depending on real upload if it was set). Won't it be suspicious if it keeps on reporting the same value each time? Or am I missing something here?

And what does report: filesize x 'a' (a= the number set) mean?
    FileSize*a is the maximum upload that will be reported if you tick the checkbox on point 13. a is the number you type there.
    Oops I took 'x' as the alphabet instead of '*' lol. Sorry for asking this stupid question.

There's a option that says stop faking when a certain ratio is reached but then it has a box for alternate speed when the ratio is reached. I don't really get this.
    "Stop" actually means "use alternate speeds" there. The default is 0-0, and that effectively stops fake uploading when you reach your desired ratio. But you can change it to simply a different speed if you wish.
    Is it suspicious if I opt to add my real upload amount to the fake amount , and after a certain ratio is met, reported upload speed goes really down? Is opting not to add the real upload better in this case? Am I just being paranoid or the speed differences really do make me more liable to be caught?

it's like comparing apples and oranges. conected to x peers is the amount of peers you're connected to. swarm speed is the average speed of the peers you're connected to.
    So, if I use the connected to x peers options, I dont need to use the swarm speed option. Its for those who tend to fake report even when not connected to any peers at all right?

Thanks for all the answers. And sorry for so many quotes but think 'd have been even messier without 'em And sorry for so many questions, I'm new to this :)
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    11/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    4/5 ssss39385
    I've never used RM. I only know that you need to feed it the .torrent and it keeps sending fake data to the tracker without any real download or upload. I've dont have much idea what 'finished__%' is for.
    It's simple, that indicates how much of the torrent the ratio tool pretends to have finished so far.

Here is what confuses me. You clearly say it goes on announcing fake stats until the condition is met (ratio or whateveter..). Now if I don't use 'add stopped', ...
    ...that torrent will be started as soon as you add it.

So lets say filesize is 500MB and a is 1. At nth announcement it tells tracker upload is 450MB and in the next announcement it wants to report upload as 530MB but instead reports it as 500MB so as to abide by the rule we set but file hasn't done downloading yet, so in (n+2)th announcement it again reports the same 500MB (plus a little more depending on real upload if it was set).
    As far as I know, it works like "not more than FileSize*a will be reported per tracker update".

Won't it be suspicious if it keeps on reporting the same value each time?
    You'd have to review your settings in that case. The speed may be too high. a may be too low.

Is it suspicious if I opt to add my real upload amount to the fake amount , and after a certain ratio is met, reported upload speed goes really down? Is opting not to add the real upload better in this case? Am I just being paranoid or the speed differences really do make me more liable to be caught?
    It depends on how watchful the tracker in general is. In most places you'll be okay, though. If you have someone watching you and you always stop "uploading" at a certain ratio that's a different story.

About being paranoid - no one will take care of your accounts for you, so it's fine.
    Thanks

7. Who Said Thanks:

houseonfire (08.12.11)

ok thanks for all the help.
    just one more thing you said
    As far as I know, it works like "not more than FileSize*a will be reported per tracker update".
    Can you tell me where this could be beneficial. I don't really see much use of this.

Anothing thing, can I change the setts whenever i want that is even when the torrent is active? Should I stop the torrents change setts and then resume them?
    Thanks

swarm speed is the average speed of the peers you're connected to.
    So, if I use the connected to x peers options, I dont need to use the swarm speed option. Its for those who tend to fake report even when not connected to any peers at all right?

stop faking when swarm speed is zero
    is an aditional security option. it makes sure, that the torrent isn't 'death' at the moment you're trying to fake upload. you could be connected to 100 'partial seeders' which don't transer a single byte...

---

Anothing thing, can I change the setts whenever i want that is even when the torrent is active? Should I stop the torrents change setts and then resume them?
    yes you can, but the latter is highly recommended.
    Last edited by ghostfucker; 08.12.11 at 01:57.
    Thanks

10. Who Said Thanks:

houseonfire (08.12.11)

Activity Longevity
    11/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    4/5 ssss39385
    ok thanks for all the help.
    just one more thing you said

Can you tell me where this could be beneficial. I don't really see much use of this.
    1. preventing overfaking
    2. being in control. The mod gives you that possibility.
    Thanks

can you please expain again what ' dont report more than FileSize*a ' is?
    does it mean if filesize = 500MB and a = 0.5,
    total upload reported at each announcement will be less than 250MB or the increase in the upload amount each announcement will be max 250MB? or maybe it's something else?
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    11/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    4/5 ssss39385
    the increase in the upload amount each announcement will be max 250MB?
    That's how it is if I remember correctly...
    Thanks

So each announcement gets increased by the same amount. Isn't this actually suspicious?
    So, I guess its better not to use this option and rather set other parameters carefully so it doesn't overfake right?
    Last edited by houseonfire; 08.12.11 at 17:37.
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    11/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    4/5 ssss39385
    That's right, and so was I when I wrote my post above

You'd have to review your settings in that case. The speed may be too high. a may be too low.
    Thanks

What is the best way to cheat on ipt? Can i use vem?
    I couldn't see vuze in blacklist but it wasn't in the whitelist either...
    Would vuze be fine? If not how do I spoof utorrent 2.2.1 build 25154. VEM allows only build 25130
    ipt allows bitornado 0.3.2.17 too. Should I use that instead?
    Can i use mratio once and use the same peerid all the time in vem?
    VEM gives an option to read from file instead of peer id. What is that?
    And what is shu's spoof? can i use it with vem? which is better shu's or ghostfucker method?
    Thanks
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    11/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    4/5 ssss39385
    What is the best way to cheat on ipt? Can i use vem?
    I couldn't see vuze in blacklist but it wasn't in the whitelist either...
    Would vuze be fine? If not how do I spoof utorrent 2.2.1 build 25154. VEM allows only build 25130
    ipt allows bitornado 0.3.2.17 too. Should I use that instead?
    http://www.sb-innovation.de/showthre...?threadid=7971

Can i use mratio once and use the same peerid all the time in vem?
    As long as you never restart the client...

VEM gives an option to read from file instead of peer id. What is that?
    It's to choose an ID at random from the UTorrentID.properties file instead of using a manually set one. Read that file for more information.

And what is shu's spoof?
    A thing controlled via AzureusSpoof.properties. It allows you to spoof any version of Azureus only.

can i use it with vem? which is better shu's or ghostfucker method?
    I leave those to you.
    Thanks

18. Who Said Thanks:

houseonfire (08.12.11)

ok thanks for replying.
    First of all i dont see vuze in the allowed client list of ipt. Do you know if people use it on ipt?
    If I go by ipt list, it allows utorrent 2.2.1 build 25154 but vem spoofs only 25130. Is it ok if i spoof as 25130 instead? If not and I still want to use vem with ipt then I guess the only option left is spoofing as bittornado cause vem can spoof the exact same build that ipt suggests. But utorrent 2.2.1 is allowed on all trackers so if build doesn't matter much, could I just spoof as 25130 instead of 25154?

ok now coming to the cheating part,
    thanks for pointing me to that thread but its pretty big 92 pages and old too. I saw the first few pages and on the very first page you have said RM doesn't work there and later in the last pages people have suggested RM. Last reply was more than a year ago. How are things in ipt now? What methods work? Can you give me some hints? Is vem safe? What kind of settings will be best? And if I use vem, which client and build should I spoof as?
    Sorry for so many questions. Waiting for reply.
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    11/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    4/5 ssss39385
    ok thanks for replying.
    First of all i dont see vuze in the allowed client list of ipt. Do you know if people use it on ipt?
    If I go by ipt list, it allows utorrent 2.2.1 build 25154 but vem spoofs only 25130. Is it ok if i spoof as 25130 instead? If not and I still want to use vem with ipt then I guess the only option left is spoofing as bittornado cause vem can spoof the exact same build that ipt suggests. But utorrent 2.2.1 is allowed on all trackers so if build doesn't matter much, could I just spoof as 25130 instead of 25154?
    Try it.

ok now coming to the cheating part,
    thanks for pointing me to that thread but its pretty big 92 pages and old too. I saw the first few pages and on the very first page you have said RM doesn't work there and later in the last pages people have suggested RM. Last reply was more than a year ago.
    You might want to read the last pages...
    Thanks

+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 36 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast