P2P Client
    utorrent
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss581

OpenBittorent

OpenBitTorrent - An open tracker project

OpenBitTorrent is a bittorrent tracker free for anyone to use. You don't need to register, upload or index a torrent anywhere, all you have to do is to include the OpenBitTorrent tracker URL in your torrent.
    How does it work?

When you create a torrent file the application will ask you for a tracker address, then simply type in OpenBitTorrents tracker URL's:

http://tracker.openbittorrent.com:80/announce
    udp://tracker.openbittorrent.com:80/announce
    Why use the OpenBitTorrent tracker?

There are no open independent stable trackers out there, most of the trackers that can be used openly are either unstable or in some way connected to a bittorrent indexing site. We felt there was a need for a free, no strings attached, stable bittorrent tracker.

Just to make it clear so people sending DMCA takedown notices understand:

* We do not have any content.
    * We are not a bittorrent site, we are just a tracker, we can not see what content is behind an info_hash.
    * We don't have any torrent files.
    * We can't give you any IP addresses in any other way than normal tracker usage - the software don't support it.
    * We can't verify any claims when we have no data other than the info_hash.
    * We can't block info_hash keys from being registered with the tracker.
    * We don't have any logs or ways to trace previous connections, there is just not enough disk and IO resources in the world for that (at least not at our operational budget).
    * And most importantly, we have no time.

OpenBitTorrent - An open tracker project

Do a nslookup....
    Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
    Thanks

2. Who Said Thanks:

rom08 (05.07.09) , naughtydog (05.07.09) , cheatos (05.07.09) , slikrapid (05.07.09)

Activity Longevity
    7/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssss39430
    Do a nslookup....
    A nice surprise They aren't the first of its kind, but let's hope it stays up.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."
    Thanks

i did a nslookup and just got an ip? then entering the ip in the browser shows a white page..
    whats interesting ?

I am cheatos

Thanks

Activity Longevity
    7/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssss39430
    212.63.222.20 (Stockholm, 26, SE). ns0.thepiratebay.org
    Thanks

6. Who Said Thanks:

cheatos (05.07.09)

Quote Originally Posted by anon View Post
    oh great ,

TPB

but i got something else, maybe i did it the wrong way!

I am cheatos

Thanks

P2P Client
    utorrent
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss581
    Some interesting thinking:

(...)
    Let’s start with a great fact: that, as Rasmus Fleischer of Piratbyran points out, the entire Pirate Bay could fit on a single USB stick. This got me thinking: what if someone was to simply scrape and copy all The Pirate Bay’s torrents over to a new tracker and Mininova and all the other indexes currently using the TPB tracker were to change their listings to point to that? OpenBitTorrent.com for example, an independent open tracker which started recently.

What if someone else — it could be anyone; it could be you! — decided to make a new index of these torrents. Call it ‘The Pirate Ship’, ‘Brand New Pirate’, whatever. I’m sure someone has already got a domain ready and waiting for this.

his new index would be functionally equivalent to The Pirate Bay. By the magic of copy-and-paste, TPB would have transplanted itself somewhere new. The corporate ‘buyers’ are free to run the old site into the ground with whatever specious business models they care to waste their shareholders’ money on, while The Pirate Bay’s new foundation uses it to fund interesting, new projects.
    (...)
    The very fact that this is possible should give those backing business models based on copy-rhttp://www.sb-innovation.de/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=111625estriction something serious to think about. Not only is this not a blow for P2P, it’s a signal of something very worrying for the MPAA and Co. Spend years going after the world’s most prominent pirate site, only to find that when you get it, it dematerializes and by the magic of copy-and-paste, reappears elsewhere in a different guise. It’s like Whack-A-Mole with infinite holes, infinite moles, and just one hammer. Your odds: not good.
    (...)
    Following is even more interesting. Read here:

Playing Whack-A-Mole With Data: The Pirate Bay Lives On | TorrentFreak

TPB has suicided itself, but giving us at the same time the possibility that it reincarnates in each of us.
    Thanks

9. Who Said Thanks:

slikrapid (05.07.09)

Activity Longevity
    7/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssss39430
    The very fact that this is possible should give those backing business models based on copy-rhttp://www.sb-innovation.de/newreply...reply&p=111625estriction something serious to think about.

On topic: I did know that TPB's tracker software was so light it could run from a WLAN router, but had no idea their whole index could fit on a flashdrive... and the fact that anyone could potentially create their own Pirate Bay is some good news at last. It won't change the tracker URL on most public torrents, though.
    Thanks

+ Reply to Thread