BTN is best for TV Shows
    but don't know how to join BTN
    Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    11/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    4/5 ssss39385
    Rereading this thread was pretty fun. Most of the trackers mentioned don't exist anymore
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."
    Thanks

3. Who Said Thanks:

alpacino (24.05.19)

P2P Client
    none, just the toolz
    Activity Longevity
    5/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 sssss2059
    It's funny how we can't take anything for granted regarding the "best trackers", for me I thought bcg, wcd and scc would never go down.
    Also, a couple of days ago I was thinking about how some people look stupid nowadays when they referred to stuff like e***o in the past, because they "couldn't" mention exigo on public.
    it's hip to be square
    Thanks

5. Who Said Thanks:

anon (24.05.19)

Activity Longevity
    11/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    4/5 ssss39385
    Quote Originally Posted by alpacino View Post
    It's funny how we can't take anything for granted regarding the "best trackers", for me I thought bcg, wcd and scc would never go down.
    I make myself no illusions about the longevity of pirate sites nowadays, but I once thought the same way as you, at least implicitly.

BCG was surprising, but as it turns out, their sysop wasn't too versed with security beyond the basics. Add that he was from the UK (just like Oink's and ScT's) on top of that and well, we saw the result.

What.cd's takedown had been predicted many times since at least 2010, but in the meantime, it kept growing and raking in records (two million torrents!) to the point I grew tired of hearing that it would die soon. Also, as I recall, their staff had strict security policies, and the server taken down by French police was actually a reverse proxy that didn't contain anything. Nonetheless, at that point they decided to call it quits before anything worse happened. Unfortunate, but at least we have RED.

SCC, I thought they would only become stronger after 2009. After all, they were ScT's rival-turned-successor, and widely accepted as a replacement by both former ScT members and the torrent community at large. And for several years, this was so. But running a tracker like that requires a lot of money (in addition to all the "normal" costs, they must operate their own topsites, otherwise their leeching patterns would quickly draw attention), and as interest dwindled over the years, so did donations. Allowing non-scene uploads was a good but perhaps too tardy move, and opening signups for the first time in eight years was a complete surprise, yet evidently both failed to bring in the necessary cash.

But well, everything that has a beginning has an end

Also, a couple of days ago I was thinking about how some people look stupid nowadays when they referred to stuff like e***o in the past, because they "couldn't" mention exigo on public.
    People already looked stupid doing this back then CosaNostra's staff were the most mentally challenged on this regard, insisting that their little corner on the Internet be referred to as "**" (yes, two asterisks) and banning anyone who was caught not complying. Let's blow the dust off an old screenshot...

41 pages of reporting unwanted publicity; I'm guessing most of it was in the form of "cosanostra.mn sucks" comments, as that's exactly what cosanostra.mn did They spent more time pulling this secrecy crap than they did at building a decent tracker, and results were in line with what you'd expect. Things improved after they relaxed this policy and even implemented an invite application form, but by then their reputation was established and the damage had been done.
    Thanks

7. Who Said Thanks:

illusive (04.07.20) , alpacino (26.05.19)

Activity Longevity
    0/20 5/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss23
    BTN-PTP-WCD combo was enough, now it's BTN-PTP-RED/OPS
    Thanks

P2P Client
    What ?! That's Private!
    Activity Longevity
    3/20 16/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss505
    Nope. Music is small in size but challenging in formats and organization so Oink, What.cd, Waffles, RED/Orpheus..etc are necessary to be member of. However, movies on the other hand is the main content in almost every tracker. I would say IPT/RuTracker/PTP/KG/CG are really impressive in this category. Adding also IPT/RuTracker/TorrentLeech along with BTN for TV shows as well. But that's it !!.

Games > IPT/FileList/TorrentLeech/gazellegames.net
    eBooks & Audio Books > myanonamouse.net/ bibliotik.me
    eLearning > bitme.org / bitspyder.net / thegeeks.click / learnflakes.net -- Never gets enough of this category. Every tracker is useful to be in.
    Apps > RuTracker / IPT/ brokenstones.club (Apple) / torrents-club.net / teamos-hkrg.com

There are more and others for these categories and ones I mentioned. Maybe they are unique in different way. But in content manner, I think nothing better than what's mentioned.
    Thanks

P2P Client
    VEM
    Activity Longevity
    5/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss1606
    bitme.org dissapearead as far as i know , long time ago.
    Last edited by Blocker; 04.07.20 at 21:21.
    Thanks

11. Who Said Thanks:

illusive (07.07.20)

Activity Longevity
    11/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    4/5 ssss39385
    Quote Originally Posted by faltu View Post
    BTN-PTP-WCD combo was enough, now it's BTN-PTP-RED/OPS
    Of those, I only have RED and I barely use it... I'm surprised my account hasn't gone inactive. I think a lot of people want those three only because of the cabal meme and/or to feel good about being on and downloading from the Best Trackers™

Anyway, did somebody say e-learning? Have a look at this...

https://cse.google.com/cse?cx=003753...46:szjag5vbefo
    Thanks

13. Who Said Thanks:

illusive (05.07.20) , JohnareyouOK (05.07.20)

P2P Client
    BiglyBT
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 6/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss254
    Quote Originally Posted by anon View Post
    a lot of people want those three only because of the cabal meme and/or to feel good about being on
    +1 as if it's become a status symbol. as to whether or not we truly need the content on it, whether or not these content can be found in other easier ways...has been left behind in the frenzy of chasing. at first, contents was the end and tracker was just the means, but after dozens and hundreds of hours chasing, tracker became an end in itself.
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    0/20 5/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss23
    Of those, I only have RED and I barely use it... I'm surprised my account hasn't gone inactive. I think a lot of people want those three only because of the cabal meme and/or to feel good about being on and downloading from the Best Trackers?

Anyway, did somebody say e-learning? Have a look at this...

https://cse.google.com/cse?cx=003753...46:szjag5vbefo
    I use BTN because it's easy to get the shows and it's ratiofree. PTP I only use when I need to find a movie that I can't find on warez-bb. Basically I get movies from warez, its good enough. Don't like to maintain ratio on PTP even though they have a bonus system it takes long to get the points.

RED is too hard to get any ratio so I just get small apps or albums that aren't on spotify. Heard rutracker is good for music so will try that then.
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    11/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    4/5 ssss39385
    Quote Originally Posted by faltu View Post
    Heard rutracker is good for music so will try that then.
    I'm surprised you don't have an account already! I registered ten years ago and had to jump through a lot of hoops, due to short open signup windows and time zone differences, but it was totally worth it... not just for music, but for anything rare.
    Thanks

17. Who Said Thanks:

faltu (07.07.20)

Activity Longevity
    0/20 5/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss23
    I'm surprised you don't have an account already! I registered ten years ago and had to jump through a lot of hoops, due to short open signup windows and time zone differences, but it was totally worth it... not just for music, but for anything rare.
    Cool I'll check it out. I think I may have had an account there but the russian put me off so I left.
    Thanks

P2P Client
    Qbittorrent,
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 2/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss17
    General- IPT, FL, TL
    Movies- PTP, PTN
    HD- HDTorrent, HDBits
    Games- GGN