+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast

Thread: Bester-Video-Player

Activity Longevity
    11/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssss39370
    Quote Originally Posted by pleasenocheating View Post
    Is CoreAVC even a thing now? Haven't heard a thing about this codec since Windows XP times. Is it still being updated? Why is it good?
    It hasn't been updated in a long time, but it's still the fastest H.264 decoder around, both in software and hardware. To give an extreme example, a 2000-era Pentium III can play 720p fluidly using the combination of programs you quoted. And since I know I'll be stuck with my current hardware for a while, I like getting the most out of it
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."
    Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
    Thanks

P2P Client
    uTorrent
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 7/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssssss6
    I've been using GOMPlayer and VLC Player on XP & Windows 7 for ages now. They work smoothly.
    I'm fully happy with em.
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    0/20 7/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss124
    VLC has problems with cyrillic subs up to this day, not to mention their playlist system being absolutely loathsome. I decided to stick with Daum PotPlayer and I have no regrets (except, maybe, Settings being way too complicated for a regular user)
    Last edited by Mon; 16.10.18 at 13:36.
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    11/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssss39370
    In case anyone cares, the last version of MPC-BE that works on Windows XP is 1.4.6.
    Thanks

P2P Client
    uTorrent
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 7/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss12
    I've been VLC for ages now. Have no issues with the interface or anything.
    It plays almost all the formats and their Codecs are amazing. I'm quite a fan of them, lol!
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    0/20 6/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss20
    I prefer "VLC media player" (windows / linux) and from K-Lite Codec Pack the simple "Media Player Classic" inside
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    0/20 6/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss10
    Da benutze ich den VLC Player , der hat bis jetzt alles abgespielt was ich sehen wollte ^^
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    0/20 6/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss41
    Quote Originally Posted by CaseyFCB View Post
    Da benutze ich den VLC Player , der hat bis jetzt alles abgespielt was ich sehen wollte ^^
    Stimmt, der Player hat bisher alles abgespielt, den benutze ich auch, seit Jahren.
    Thanks

P2P Client
    qBittorrent 4.2.1
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 5/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss11
    Der beste Player für mich selber, ist der VLC Player.

Habe ihn schon zu Windows XP zeiten genutzt. Für Musik nutze ich immer noch Winamp.
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    0/20 4/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss24
    In my opinion VLC is best
    Thanks

Media Player Classic
    You need to install "K Lite Mega Codec", "Media Player Classic" will automatically installed..
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    11/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssss39370
    Or you can grab MPC-BE from https://sourceforge.net/projects/mpcbe/ and install it yourself I have tried many media players over the years before settling for that, plus SMPlayer/mplayer as a (rarely-used) backup. Oh, and Winamp 2.95 for music.
    Thanks

P2P Client
    utorrent
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss581
    I have VLC, and MPC-HC and PotPlayer installed (switched to it from GomPlayer KMP when Gom KMP dev sold Gom KMP and began to develop Pot) . And MPC-BC now to try it after reading anon's post..

But my default video player is PotPlayer. It was previously VLC, but I find sound and video quality better with PotPlayer than with VLC (unless maybe you use some VLC setting tricks explained somewhere here on sbi several years ago).

Oh, and I have Mpv Player installed too. Haven't had enough time to test it until now, but a special feature (or a bug?) of this soft is that when launched it deactivates f.lux (which is reactivated just after Mpv is closed). So in case of f.lux usage, using Mpv makes the video itself is more natural, more sunny. But it can be a shock for your eyes when you start it after having used your pc with 2500k color temperature for hours.
    Last edited by Renk; 08.11.20 at 01:00.
    Primo Avulso Non Deficit Alter
    Thanks

14. Who Said Thanks:

illusive (07.11.20) , cloud99 (07.11.20)

P2P Client
    What ?! That's Private!
    Activity Longevity
    3/20 16/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss501
    VLC mainly specially for quick runs. For movies though I might use MPC-BE installed with LAV decoders and MadVR (included in k-lite mega codec) or PotPlayer.
    Thanks

16. Who Said Thanks:

cloud99 (07.11.20)

Activity Longevity
    11/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssss39370
    Quote Originally Posted by Renk View Post
    I have VLC, and MPC-HC and PotPlayer installed (switched to it from GomPlayer KMP when Gom KMP dev sold Gom KMP and began to develop Pot) . And MPC-BC now to try it after reading anon's post..
    MPC-BE is basically the same as Home Cinema, but it's not feature-frozen and has more decoders as well as a dark skin (wow).

I recall using the original MPC on 2006 with no built-in filters, which meant you had to install at least ffdshow, and deal with the trouble that caused if you didn't adjust process exclusions and merit levels... thankfully Bill Gates invented Media Foundation later

Oh, and I have Mpv Player installed too. Haven't had enough time to test it until now, but a special feature (or a bug?) of this soft is that when launched it deactivates f.lux (which is reactivated just after Mpv is closed). So in case of f.lux usage, using Mpv makes the video itself is more natural, more sunny. But it can be a shock for your eyes when you start it after having used your pc with 2500k color temperature for hours.
    MPV is based on the extremely powerful and flexible mplayer. This sort of problem can be solved by fine-tuning the video parameters. I'd start by changing the -vo (output driver). Try direct3d or gl:yuv=2:force-pbo (to which you should add ati-hack if you get a green/magenta screen); directx is very fast but turns off Aero. Adding -dr and/or -noslices to your command line is also worth a test.

Or you can swap f.lux for https://github.com/jonls/redshift; I did five years ago and never looked back
    Thanks

18. Who Said Thanks:

Renk (09.11.20)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast