Vuze Extreme Mod
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss171

A few questions

A few questions.

In what ways can a staff member at a torrent site see the stats of a user:
    One is peer list, where he can see the upload download speeds.
    Second is snatch list.

Is there any other way he can know the upload / download details of a user. In the snatch list, my average speed will be mentioned. Can the staff know the maximum peak speed that I recorded, or only the average speed over time.
    Also, some trackers like TL and ScT record each announce. So for each announce, are all details recorded? Or only the number. What I mean is, if I cheat in spurts, can the staff know, that for two announces, my upload was very high, and the rest of it, it was low, or all he can know is the average speed over the announces.

Pardon me for such complicated or silly questions, but needed to know to keep safe
    Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    8/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssss39439
    Quote Originally Posted by classyboy View Post
    Is there any other way he can know the upload / download details of a user. In the snatch list, my average speed will be mentioned. Can the staff know the maximum peak speed that I recorded, or only the average speed over time.
    It depends on the tracker and its source code, but assume they have access to the logs - which means they can know both.

Also, some trackers like TL and ScT record each announce. So for each announce, are all details recorded? Or only the number. What I mean is, if I cheat in spurts, can the staff know, that for two announces, my upload was very high, and the rest of it, it was low, or all he can know is the average speed over the announces.
    Everything you send is logged. You don't report an upload speed - only how much you've uploaded since your last successful announce - but the tracker can easily calculate this. So again, yes, theoretically they can know both.

However, Mihai91's Waffles cheating method, and stopping before the tracker update in general, have been mostly proven safe if you keep rates below 2mB/s. If you're careful and this is what you wanted to know, everything should go well.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."
    Thanks

3. Who Said Thanks:

classyboy (09.06.09)

Retired Seal
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss2079
    Pardon me for such complicated or silly questions, but needed to know to keep safe
    I don't think any of those were silly questions or even complicated.

Those were smart questions to have asked which leads me to bring up the following idea:

What about starting a new board (or sub-board) where cheating information is divulged to the current members that would normally not be available to unclassified or newly registered members.

such cheating methods could encompass information on trackers in general or be more specific to a certain tracker.

You see, this way, we don't have tracker moderators and admins and even staff from invite-trading boards such as TI.com coming here ( and passing along info) and checking out the latest gossip about cheating on thier site and the methods that are utilized??

what say??

Last edited by SealLion; 13.06.09 at 06:26.
    "God, from the mount Sinai
    whose grey top shall tremble,
    He descending, will Himself,
    in thunder, lightning, and loud trumpet’s sound,
    ordain them laws".

John Milton (1608-1674) in Paradise Lost

Ripley's SealLion's Believe it or Not! ~ NASCAR car crashes and Windows have just one thing in common.
    Oh, oh. Better use LINUX.
    Thanks

P2P Client
    Vuze Extreme Mod
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss171
    Well, it's surely a good idea.
    Smart cheating is the way to go. And we can share each other's experiences.
    Thanks

+ Reply to Thread