+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ghostleeching+

Activity Longevity
    11/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    4/5 ssss39385

Exclamation Ghostleeching+

Imagine you're not at TL, for example, but a friend is. He could download a .torrent, start it, copy the peerlist, conceal his passkey from the metadata, and send both to you. You could add the torrent, remove the announce URL, add the peers manually and start it - i.e. leech without even having to be a tracker member. (This would be more secure in bigger swarms, since otherwise everyone can see your IP)

What you will need
    • A friend inside the tracker
    • uTorrent

What your friend will need
    • uTorrent (could be any client, but uT lets you copy the peerlist quickly)
    • HxD (hex-editor)

What to do

Ask your friend to add the torrent in uTorrent. After he finishes making the first announce and has connected to as much peers as possible, go to the Peers tab, right-click an entry and choose "Copy Peer List":

Tell him to paste it in Notepad and save the file as a .txt:

After that, tell him to open the .torrent in HxD and fill the tracker URL and passkey with X's:

Then save the file and have him send it and the peerlist to you.

When you receive it, add the torrent, but first go to Advanced, delete the tracker's URL, and if using a mod that ignores the private flag, also disable DHT and PEX:

Also untick "Start torrent" before adding it. It'll have been added as stopped:

Open the peerlist your friend sent you. In uTorrent, click the torrent, go to the Peers tab, right-click an empty space, and click "Add Peer":

In the dialog that will open, write a peer's address in IP:port format:

Repeat this for every peer in the list. (Yes, this part can get a bit tedious) When you've added enough, uTorrent will show something like "Peers: 0 (43)".

You may now start it. Watch uT connect to peers, and the speed rise at the same time you download a torrent from a tracker you may not even be a member of:

FAQ
    Q: Do I need a modded client to do this?
    A: Not for now (except on special cases, see below); using the official uTorrent should be enough.

Q: How is this possible?
    A: BitTorrent wasn't meant to be a secure protocol. Anyone with the correct IP+port+info_hash combination can connect and transfer from/to you.

Q: Is there any chance BitTorrent clients can do something to "patch" this?
    A: Yes; for example, BitTorrent Inc. could make uTorrent disable the "add peer" function for private torrents. This could be easily bypassed with a DHT-Patch mod.

The Peer Injector plugin for Vuze doesn't inject peers in private torrents. I have attached v0.3, the last official version that was able to do this, as well as a port of it for BiglyBT, which is not backwards-compatible with Vuze plugins.

Q: What if I do have access to the tracker, but want to leech the torrent without it knowing?
    A: Load the torrent in the DHT-Patch mod from the Expansion leecher pack. Before adding it, click Advanced, and clear the tracker URL while keeping DHT and PEX enabled:

Click OK, then add the torrent. If there are other DHT-patched clients in the swarm, you'll eventually find them and begin the transfer. This works wonders on TL's popular torrents, for example, but won't on smaller trackers or swarms.

Please post feedback!
    Attached Files Attached Files
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."
    Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
    Thanks

2. Who Said Thanks:

sigduwksnsksis9283 (13.10.20) , BillyG (08.10.19) , Datendiebstahl (24.09.19) , Lucius (18.03.16) , Auron (21.06.13) , AIucard (26.08.12) , freedomworld (22.08.12) , yoco (22.08.12) , Instab (21.08.12) , Mihai (21.08.12) , Blazedneg (21.08.12) , mf29 (09.04.12) , Extraterrestrial (04.07.10) , mangathala2002 (17.06.10) , saebrtooth (22.12.09) , cilalex (04.08.09) , Dynamic (30.07.09) , listener (30.07.09) , Tarantino (30.07.09) , cheatos (29.07.09) , naughtydog (29.07.09) , BaMbO (29.07.09) , Butcho (31.05.09) , mmmmm (30.05.09) , anonftw (30.05.09) , KalPenn (30.05.09) , alpacino (30.05.09) , qik5l (30.05.09) , Dark Knight (30.05.09) , shoulder (30.05.09) , SomeGuy (30.05.09) , hitman (30.05.09) , Manas (30.05.09) , system28 (30.05.09) , SBfreak (30.05.09) , Rebound (30.05.09)

P2P Client
    µtorrent1.6.1
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssssss6
    Can't you just open the torrent in µtorrent and remove tracker-url there before you start the torrent? (I think your guide says to remove the tracker-url twice, doesn't it?)

Now, I added a torrent in which I removed the tracker url before starting the torrent. DHT and peer exchange are also disabled. I added 3 or 4 peers from the peerlist that I got via RM and now I'm suddenly connected to 19 peers. Can this be because the tracker sends my ip to the other peers when I'm using RM?

If so, you don't even need the peerlist actually. Is there something I'm not thinking about here that presents a high risk on being caught?
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    11/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    4/5 ssss39385
    Quote Originally Posted by listener View Post
    Can't you just open the torrent in µtorrent and remove tracker-url there before you start the torrent? (I think your guide says to remove the tracker-url twice, doesn't it?)
    That's fine for normal ghostleeching. Here the procedure consists on passing someone else the .torrent metadata. Even if you have no problem with them knowing your passkey, if they forget to remove the URL before adding the torrent = announce from different IP = chance to get banned.

Now, I added a torrent ... Can this be because the tracker sends my ip to the other peers when I'm using RM?
    Maybe, specially if you used the same port in the RM and uTorrent (having disabled the TCP listener in the former, of course), and have "snatched" the torrent.

If so, you don't even need the peerlist actually. Is there something I'm not thinking about here that presents a high risk on being caught?
    This method consists in enabling someone else to download torrents via peerlists. You can't afford to pass them your .torrent with the passkey inside for them to fake in the RM and get you banned.
    Thanks

5. Who Said Thanks:

listener (30.07.09)

Activity Longevity
    0/20 14/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss111
    Is making at least 1 announce the only way to get peer's IP? Scrape only tell you the number of peers but not the IPs?
    Thanks

7. Who Said Thanks:

(02.06.22)

Activity Longevity
    11/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    4/5 ssss39385
    Quote Originally Posted by Blazedneg View Post
    Is making at least 1 announce the only way to get peer's IP?
    Yes, hence the "ask a friend to give you the list of IPs" step.
    Thanks

P2P Client
    WaffleCheat v1.95 build 19928
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss1509
    I'm now thinking of a simple way to make some peer activity just so you can cheat on some torrents on trackers like what.cd. This in combination with the waffles method might be a nice, clean way. I'll think it through and make a tut after I test it.
    What does a scene tracker tell to a general tracker?
    You're so 5 minutes ago...

Thanks

Activity Longevity
    11/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    4/5 ssss39385
    My concern on using this on trackers like What.cd is that you might get others banned for reporting upload to "no one".

By all means, I'm interested on reading anything you write, so go for it.
    Thanks

11. Who Said Thanks:

ghostfucker (22.08.12)

P2P Client
    WaffleCheat v1.95 build 19928
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss1509
    Quote Originally Posted by anon View Post
    My concern on using this on trackers like What.cd is that you might get others banned for reporting upload to "no one".

By all means, I'm interested on reading anything you write, so go for it.
    If their scripts work like that then it might even ban like 20-30 peers at once because of this.I'm actually very curious as to how their scripts work in this case, although, I'm pretty sure they got that covered somehow, knowing all the ghost leeching possibilities.
    What does a scene tracker tell to a general tracker?
    You're so 5 minutes ago...

Thanks

Activity Longevity
    0/20 14/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss176
    this should work on what.cd, but you should use vpn or proxy especially if you have fixed ip. because they count every byte there and if the numbers don't add up they will raise alert. after short investigation they'll find you from the ip.
    but it's too much trouble for your friend. maybe we the leechers should make some mirror of what.cd torrents and peer list.
    Thanks

you're right...i noticed this already on many trackers while playing with ghostleeching. what was one of them.
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    0/20 14/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss111
    Even if you have no problem with them knowing your passkey, if they forget to remove the URL before adding the torrent = announce from different IP = chance to get banned.
    I wonder how staff of trackers that allow you to leech/seed and browse the tracker web from different pcs (so different IPs) could know if you share a torrent with anyone else? They say in FAQs that they dont check IPs anymore, they track you with passkeys. I tried a little google on this but no luck so far yet, didn't search enoguh yet anyway.

And regarding "normal" ghostleeching, if you just remove tracker from your torrent after 1st announce they can see that you aren't reporting stats but you are still connected and leeching, right? Isn't this very risky? Removing tracker url = proxy to localhost?
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    11/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    4/5 ssss39385
    I wonder how staff of trackers that allow you to leech/seed and browse the tracker web from different pcs (so different IPs) could know if you share a torrent with anyone else? They say in FAQs that they dont check IPs anymore, they track you with passkeys. I tried a little google on this but no luck so far yet, didn't search enoguh yet anyway.
    The multiple IP rule never meant that if you're e.g. from Brazil and give a torrent to a friend from China, it's okay for him to download, because up to x IPs are allowed. And yes, they can see your address even if they use passkeys. Hence the safety measure in my tutorial.

And regarding "normal" ghostleeching, if you just remove tracker from your torrent after 1st announce they can see that you aren't reporting stats but you are still connected and leeching, right? Isn't this very risky?
    They can see that you started the torrent, but never got back to the tracker again. Since this can happen to people whose computers crash or have a power failure too, trackers run a cleanup script to remove inactive peers. After the first or second time it runs, you should be removed from the peerlist and temporary snatchlists.

Removing tracker url = proxy to localhost?
    Please elaborate.
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    0/20 14/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss111
    The multiple IP rule never meant that if you're e.g. from Brazil and give a torrent to a friend from China, it's okay for him to download, because up to x IPs are allowed. And yes, they can see your address even if they use passkeys. Hence the safety measure in my tutorial.
    So you can really share torrents from private trackers that allow multiIP (most of them I think?) with a couple of friends, and maybe combine this with ghostleeching so they dont mess up with your stats?

They can see that you started the torrent, but never got back to the tracker again. Since this can happen to people whose computers crash or have a power failure too, trackers run a cleanup script to remove inactive peers. After the first or second time it runs, you should be removed from the peerlist and temporary snatchlists.
    But Staff people can see that you are still downloading, same IP as before, just no reporting, or am I wrong? If they see you suddenly stop reporting but the same IP keeps downloading...that should mean insta ban. Any way to know if a tracker runs that cleanup script without testing it (ghostleeching something)?

Please elaborate.
    I mean, is removing tracker's url the same as using localhost as proxy?
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    11/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    4/5 ssss39385
    So you can really share torrents from private trackers that allow multiIP (most of them I think?) with a couple of friends
    I believe I said the rule doesn't mean you can share torrents.

But Staff people can see that you are still downloading, same IP as before, just no reporting, or am I wrong? If they see you suddenly stop reporting but the same IP keeps downloading...that should mean insta ban.
    If that were true, all ghostleechers would be banned.

Any way to know if a tracker runs that cleanup script
    99% of them do.

I mean, is removing tracker's url the same as using localhost as proxy?
    Yes, assuming you aren't running a proxy in your computer, of course. Someone thought of this, too.
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    0/20 14/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss111
    I believe I said the rule doesn't mean you can share torrents.
    Yeah, the rule doesn't mean that. What I'm saying is that if they allow multiple IPs for 1 account you can share private torrents with some1 who hasn't an account there, and if that one uses ghostleeching your ratio wont be hurt or anything. All this is more easy and simple than copy pasting peers one by one, and with large torrents my client at least doesn't even keep the peers so I will have to re-paste them, again one by one. That was my point.

If that were true, all ghostleechers would be banned.
    I dont know, most people in "cheating experiences" talk about RM, mR and WM. Neve seen much about ghostleeching. But yeah, I guess you are right.

Someone thought of this, too.
    Yeah, I think I was asking because I have read that thread sometime in the past. Why would be better making fail announce with a fake proxy than just removing the tracker?

PS: By the way, what happens if you remove tracker's url but you dont complete the torrent? Would be safe to announce again later to get the peers and become ghostleecher again? I guess common sense should say NO?
    Last edited by Blazedneg; 25.08.12 at 22:48.
    Thanks

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast