+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Gecko EduBook

Activity Longevity
    7/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssss39430

Gecko EduBook

The Gecko EduBook is an upgradeable, low power, portable and cost effective laptop. Unlike most inexpensive laptops (often called net books), the Gecko EduBook is designed for tough, long service.

The Gecko EduBook does not have a fan. The Xcore86 CPU used in the Gecko EduBook is more energy efficient than any other x86 CPU running at 1Ghz. It can support Microsoft Windows XP. The Xcore86 only uses 1.2 watts of power. While the Gecko EduBook costs less than most every other x86 compatible laptop, the Gecko Edubook features a large, bright LED backlit 8.9 inch screen with a resolution of 1024 x 600.

The Gecko Edubook is also modular. The CPU and RAM are on a replaceable module allowing the CPU to be reused or upgraded. The Gecko Edubook can either be equipped with a standard 2.5 inch hard disk or an ordinary SD Flash for storage. It is possible to recycle used or refurbished laptop drives or use low-cost SD Flash.

[YT="Introducing the Xcore86 and new Gecko Edubook"]nNQWMKxlL4c[/YT]
    NorhTec - Products

Visit the page and scroll down. It runs on 8 AA batteries
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."
    Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
    Thanks

P2P Client
    utorrent 1.8
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss281
    Wow this is really cool... It has almost everything you need. Most significantly the battery consumption has dazzled me.,This even uses less than the Z2xx series Atom processors (if i am not mistaken).Xcore86 Device on Chip(Doc) FTW!!!
    Last edited by kelly; 26.05.09 at 23:48.
    Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
    Thanks

+ Reply to Thread