Thread: "fox domain" seeding on TL

P2P Client
    vuze extreme mod
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss336

"fox domain" seeding on TL

I apologize if this is in the wrong place, if so sorry. I always am unsure on this board.

OK, this evening I decided to grab the Prison Break "lost episodes" off TL. As I was waiting I took a peek at the peerlist and see a domain "2fox007.com" seeding this. I stopped as little data was transfered already and go to TD to grab it. I see the newer version Prison.Break.The.Final.Break.WS.PDTV.XviD-iLM. I start it up and again I see the same domain in the peerlist. Once again I kill it and check TL to find this release and same domain appears in the peerlist in my client, but I continued to snatch as it had about 10 seedboxes on it at least. A whois lookup from several sources pulls nothing on this domain, but I find it odd that it is in so many places at once. Is this a new seedbox provider ? Or is it FOX collecting data? All times I noticed it it was seeding multiple "releases" using different trackers. Coincidence ? Any Ideas ? I have more specific details on request.
    Last edited by anonftw; 25.05.09 at 07:02.
    Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
    Thanks

2. Who Said Thanks:

SBfreak (25.05.09) , anon (25.05.09)

P2P Client
    SB-I
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss267
    Now did you check other shows produced on fox also to see if 2FOX007.com was also a seeder?

I am scared if the network got into a private tracker...spells big problems.
    Thanks

P2P Client
    vuze extreme mod
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss336
    Quote Originally Posted by Dynamic View Post
    Now did you check other shows produced on fox also to see if 2FOX007.com was also a seeder?

I am scared if the network got into a private tracker...spells big problems.
    Well, I was a little spooked after seeing it so many times. It was seeding both versions of the Prison Break lost episodes on torrentleech and then one on torrentdamage. Also, I don't know of any other popular fox shows. I have the IP blocked now anyway. But as far as private tracker infiltration, that has been in the spotlight with the Star Trek CAM and the Wolverine workprint lately, so it is nothing new on TL at least. I'm not scared as I usually do my uploading there with ratiomaster anyway, as long as other companies/organisations don't jump on the boat. I was under the impression that this was done by hired contractors and such anyway. The domain containing "fox" is very odd/disturbing though.
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    8/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    5/5 ssss39451
    It's the right section.

Is "2fox007.com" the full domain name? It doesn't resolve to anything here. Can you post the IP?
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."
    Thanks

P2P Client
    vuze extreme mod
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss336
    It does not resolve to an actually IP address for me either, yet it showed up on two seperate trackers in three instances for me. I know this defies logic to me, maybe I am ignorant of something, but server.2fox007.com:22320 is what I copy/pasted directly out of my peerlist. I tried a whois from serveral different lookup services and I could not resolve the IP either with DNS. So, any idea of how it can show up in the peerlist resolved as such? I did not think to try and reconnect and catch it before my client resolved it. All my "investigation" came later, as it was a little wierded out. Of course, there is nothing that ensures this even belongs to FOX networks.
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    8/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    5/5 ssss39451
    Are you using uTorrent? If you ever connect to that host again, right-click the peerlist and untick "resolve IPs". This should give you its supposed IP address.

uT uses a DNSBL service to resolve country flags, but it should use your connection's name servers for hostnames. So I really don't know how that could have ended up in your peerlist.
    Thanks

8. Who Said Thanks:

anonftw (25.05.09)

P2P Client
    vuze extreme mod
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss336
    Quote Originally Posted by anon View Post
    Are you using uTorrent? If you ever connect to that host again, right-click the peerlist and untick "resolve IPs". This should give you its supposed IP address.

uT uses a DNSBL service to resolve country flags, but it should use your connection's name servers for hostnames. So I really don't know how that could have ended up in your peerlist.
    Yes, I was using uTorrent and I used the Copy Selected Hosts to pull that domain. I do see now that there was a Resolve IPs line I could have unticked but I was not thinking about such things at the time. Oh well, who knows for sure. But I will keep an eye out when the HD release of the same show comes out.
    Thanks

10. Who Said Thanks:

anon (25.05.09)

Activity Longevity
    8/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    5/5 ssss39451
    Thanks for that. It'd be also good to know what client it/they is/are using - MD's showed up as ZipTorrent, for example.
    Thanks

P2P Client
    vuze extreme mod
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss336
    Quote Originally Posted by anon View Post
    Thanks for that. It'd be also good to know what client it/they is/are using - MD's showed up as ZipTorrent, for example.
    It was Ktorrent, but I didn't note the built.
    Thanks

13. Who Said Thanks:

anon (25.05.09)

P2P Client
    vuze extreme mod
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss336
    The Followup
    Well, I went on the hunt for the "fox domain" tonight as there were several prison break releases. No luck finding the 2fox007 that haunted me the other evening on Prison Break S04E24 HDTV XviD-BiA on TL or Prison Break S04E23 720p HDTV x264-BiA on TD. (The two trackers where I spotted it last time) Although, there were many unresolved IPs and I was only connected to about 40 peers at a time, I really am dumbfounded that I was able to spot that on 3 separate occasions last time. Mission:FAILED
    Thanks

15. Who Said Thanks:

anon (28.05.09)

P2P Client
    Vuze of cause with Ex mod
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss160
    Is such an option to resolve the ip available on azureus, cause I really missed this option since I changed fro uT zu Azu. Also which country showed up when you resolved the IP ???
    Do you remember ?
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    8/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    5/5 ssss39451
    Quote Originally Posted by anonftw View Post
    No luck finding the 2fox007 that haunted me the other evening on Prison Break S04E24 HDTV XviD-BiA on TL or Prison Break S04E23 720p HDTV x264-BiA on TD.
    Too bad Would have been interesting to know his IP, and why it resolves to a hostname for you only when using uTorrent.

Quote Originally Posted by douche99 View Post
    Is such an option to resolve the ip available on azureus, cause I really missed this option since I changed fro uT zu Azu.
    I think that's not going to be implemented:
    azureus normally doesn't resolve hostnames of connecting clients (this could put a huge strain on DNS servers due to high peer churn etc.)
    Thanks

+ Reply to Thread