+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 11 New Seedbox Providers to Speed Up Your Torrents

Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss1191

11 New Seedbox Providers to Speed Up Your Torrents

More than ever before, seedbox usage is quickly becoming less of a luxury - and more of a necessity. Whether you’re simply looking to download torrents in your college dorm, or looking to amass giant buffers on your private tracker accounts, a seedbox can accomplish this - and a whole lot more. Here are 11 new seedbox providers; including a ‘free 24 hour trial’ seedbox, as well as a super speedy 2000 Mbit dedicated box for £75/mo.
    11 New Seedbox Providers to Speed Up Your Torrents | THE source for BitTorrent & P2P Tips, Tricks and Info. | FileShareFreak
    Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
    Thanks

2. Who Said Thanks:

anonftw (23.05.09) , mike (23.05.09) , hitman (23.05.09) , abookhalil (23.05.09)

P2P Client
    uTorrent
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss105
    Yes there has been alot of growth in the seedbox business lately as people get caught up in the ratio game. Although you may have a fast box from ovh or whatever getting the files from the box to your pc can be very slow via http or ftp(s) especially if you have a low speed home connection.

Another thing which I don't see mentioned is that when you have a shared box your overall speed (u/l & d/l) is determined by how many other users you are sharing the box with, so if you have 4 other users (for example) your 100Mbit upload speed may be only 20% (or one fifth) of the theoretical maximum if all users are on at the same time. When server load is high due to usage, response time can be quite slow as well.
    Last edited by mike; 23.05.09 at 18:19.
    Thanks

4. Who Said Thanks:

anonftw (23.05.09)

P2P Client
    uTorrent / Azureus / kTorrent
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss531
    I've been thinking about renting a server, and have been looking at Server.lu; I want it so I can begin UL stuff at good speeds, as well as giving me experience but also so that I can have it for as an Warez FTP for myself and several friends who aren't on high level sites.
    Last edited by splicer; 23.05.09 at 18:35.
    Thanks

P2P Client
    none, just the toolz
    Activity Longevity
    6/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 sssss2066
    Seedboxes are nice, I already used one in the past but not anymore. You still have to download the files to your PC later. So the big deal about seedboxes is ratio buffering or using as server to share with other mates around the globe. But all in all you still can be affected by what mike said.
    Quote Originally Posted by mike
    Although you may have a fast box from ovh or whatever getting the files from the box to your pc can be very slow via http or ftp(s) especially if you have a low speed home connection.
    it's hip to be square
    Thanks

+ Reply to Thread