+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Odd Issue with my pc (WD5000AAKS??)

P2P Client
    SBI Toxic
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss266
    About the patch: I don't think Microsoft considers any of the aspects of P2P as important for their products. Heavy I/O operations could be achieved by reencoding a video while playing music and compressing a file etc etc etc.

About my "legal activities in the internet": I download 10gb a day (approx), so that makes 70gb a week, and no, I hardly ever see/listen to any of it , since my Tv out burned and I don't like to watch it in my 17" CRT (given that I have a Sony 29" tv in front of my matress) besides my previously mentioned lack of free time....So last week I purchased a (very cheap and very chinese) DVD/Divx player with USB!! just u$s 45 , eventually, I will catch up my download speed LOL.
    About the I/O in my HDD: Just consider the fact that I have Emule and Utorrent both reading and writing to my disk (plus everything else) all day long, doing tiny 4-10kb writes to around 70 files per second while also reading a few dozens of files. That's a lot of operations, and a lot of work for the disk (emule has 50 simultaneous dl approx, while Utorrent does 20). So regardless of the lack of compression, it just seems that XP is not designed for this kind of job, and stops responding properly.

About the file: That is the patch's file size is in Kb

Cheers!
    Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
    Thanks

2. Who Said Thanks:

SealLion (20.05.09)

Activity Longevity
    8/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssss39447
    Quote Originally Posted by SealLion View Post
    I think that this is the file size that they are giving for it.....I hope I'm wrong.

And if it is......then that's bloody ridiculous.
    It's the filesize in bytes, it's just a fixed Ntfs.sys
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."
    Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
    Thanks

4. Who Said Thanks:

SealLion (21.05.09)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12