+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Transmission Leecher Mod 0.13 (1.52)

Activity Longevity
    0/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss55

Transmission Leecher Mod 0.13 (1.52)

>>>>>> Transmission Leecher Mod 0.13 (1.52) <<<<<<

╔═══════════════════════════╗
    Coded by:
    ╚═══════════════════════════╝

>>>>>> 3ddy a.k.a .anakin. <<<<<<

Supplier:

>>>>>> 3ddy a.k.a .anakin. <<<<<<

Changelog / Features:

v0.13 (1.52)
    -Minor cosmetic update
    -Updated to Transmission 1.52

>>>>>> No Report Leech <<<<<<
    No Upload, No Download, No Complete
    Shown as Leecher.

>>>>>> Report Seeder <<<<<<
    Real Upload, No Download, No Complete
    Shown as Seeder.

For Those of you who crave a native Linux mod.
    Based on Transmission 1.52.

For Instructions on How to Compile, follow official Transmission guide. Building Transmission

For NSLU2(Oleg, DD-WRT) Optware users:
    - Install transmission from ipkg
    - Extract opt from rar to /opt on HDD. Overwrite all files.
    Note: I didn't upload .ipk package file because it could not be installed due to ipkg md5sum mismatch.

Tested on RevTT, Czone

Special Thanks to anon for guidance.
    Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
    Thanks

2. Who Said Thanks:

jaybowman (23.12.12) , wpx (06.04.11) , Kronos (29.03.10) , saebrtooth (01.03.10) , Blocker (19.02.10) , Mihai (28.01.10) , pillo1914 (27.01.10) , woif (17.01.10) , moreratio (14.01.10) , slaid (18.12.09) , ddoyel79 (28.11.09) , Aarin (20.10.09) , leeechy (20.10.09) , adry (08.10.09) , Rottenetter (26.09.09) , insane (21.09.09) , woytas (19.09.09) , Royal3lue (12.09.09) , EarthWorm (07.09.09) , DaJinx (06.09.09) , Spongebob (02.08.09) , bizzare (01.08.09) , Tarantino (15.07.09) , buntypatil123 (09.07.09) , MGustav (01.07.09) , delaspain (30.06.09) , ghostfucker (27.06.09) , ianmar (26.06.09) , Florin (25.06.09) , splicer (22.06.09) , anonftw (20.06.09) , shadowww (20.06.09) , --->HDBD<--- (22.05.09) , an4rew (13.05.09) , SBfreak (13.05.09) , yang (13.05.09) , cilalex (07.05.09) , - (04.05.09) , antiseedbox (03.05.09) , - (03.05.09) , mmmmm (01.05.09) , anon (01.05.09) , hitman (01.05.09)

Activity Longevity
    11/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    4/5 ssss39385
    I think you mean BitMeTV

I'm far from being a Linux expert, but perhaps you can get the RM to run with Mono or Wine? That'd be a good way to buffer on Linux.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."
    Thanks

P2P Client
    rTorrent
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss445
    Yes, I see now .anakin. mentioned BitMeTV but as im member at Bit-HDTV i misread it somehow..

About RM.. i tried some day ago with nrpg release without success. Found sticky about it at nrpg forums so i tought it would be easier to try then with moofdevs original. But it gave me some errors in terminal that i cant recall now, it was something regarding mono.. but unfixable by me. I have some knowledge of linux, using it as main desktop OS for about 4-5 years (slackware distro).

btw.

mono is just replacement for .net framework while wine is a translation layer witch is actually used for running windows programs. So if you want to run RM you must have both. There is problems with that because wine is after all still IMO immature project witch doesnt always work as it should despite being developed for a more years now. I wouldnt know much about mono, because actually didnt have a reason to use it till now.
    Thanks

5. Who Said Thanks:

anon (23.06.09)

Activity Longevity
    11/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    4/5 ssss39385
    Thanks for the info

Quote Originally Posted by shadowww View Post
    About RM.. i tried some day ago with nrpg release without success. Found sticky about it at nrpg forums so i tought it would be easier to try then with moofdevs original. But it gave me some errors in terminal that i cant recall now, it was something regarding mono.. but unfixable by me. I have some knowledge of linux, using it as main desktop OS for about 4-5 years (slackware distro).
    You could try the vanilla RM if it's possible. You'd also enjoy all the fixes that make it safer.
    Thanks

P2P Client
    Vuze
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssssss5
    Great stuff. I have been a mac/linux user for a very long time and have been stuck with Vuze for most mod materials. I did notice today that there is a mod of transmission at ghostleecher.com. Any of you tried this one yet? Is the method used there similar different from this mod.

I recently got banned from TheVault for using the ShuMod, I had a very good ratio from back in the day when I was using a seedbox so it sucks I threw away such a good ratio for testing out the Shu Mod. Looks like they recently upgraded their anti-leeching scripts and combined their efforts with thebox.bz, theplace.bz etc.

Anyways getting an account there is not a problem but not being caught could be a on going cat & mouse game. I do believe that a fair sharing ratio is the ideal way to go but when almost everyone on the tracker has a seedbox then it puts you at a great dis-advantage.

Anyways, I am looking for ways to get away from the resource hog i.e. Vuze (azureus) and thought this might be a good option to explore.

-tarb
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    0/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss55
    Quote Originally Posted by tarb View Post
    Great stuff. I have been a mac/linux user for a very long time and have been stuck with Vuze for most mod materials. I did notice today that there is a mod of transmission at ghostleecher.com. Any of you tried this one yet? Is the method used there similar different from this mod.
    Well, you'd only have to go back 1 page to know this info. On an only 2 page thread, i think its the least one can expect.
    Though I give the answer again:
    Same as the uTorrent mods with the matching features.
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    11/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    4/5 ssss39385
    Quote Originally Posted by tarb View Post
    I did notice today that there is a mod of transmission at ghostleecher.com. Any of you tried this one yet? Is the method used there similar different from this mod.
    Yes, I once mentioned it in one of my posts

It's well-known that The* trackers use the same scripts, which are quite good.
    Thanks

P2P Client
    Vuze
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssssss5
    My apologies, I haven't explored the transmission modified client from ghostleecher.com so I didn't realize it is similar to the utorrent mods. But thanks for the confirmation.
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    11/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    4/5 ssss39385
    No, it's these mods that are similar to the uTorrent ones.

I haven't tested GhostLeecher so I can't tell you anything.
    Thanks

P2P Client
    Vuze
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssssss5
    oh i see. I was responding to Anakin, i thought he was talking about the mod at gosthleecher.com but I guess he was referring to this mod ok that makes sense.

thanks for the clarification.
    Thanks

P2P Client
    rTorrent
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss445
    Well as you can probably see he made this modes so he respondes about them...

About mod from ghostleecher website, I knew about it when i did some google searching about ratio faking months ago but i didn't test it because they provide binaries only for Mac OS X witch is highly suspicious if you ask me. Transmission works on every unix-like/based system so why they didnt publish source code that i could review and compile whole code by myself on my linux machine remains a mystery for me.
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    11/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    4/5 ssss39385
    i didn't test it because they provide binaries only for Mac OS X witch is highly suspicious if you ask me.
    Perhaps it's to prevent tracker admins from viewing its source code and filtering out the mod.
    Thanks

P2P Client
    rTorrent
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss445
    I wouldn't know how mod exactly is implemented into client, and is it possible to filter it just by making adjustments in security scprits of particular tracker, but i suppose if the work (of modders) is done well there is no need to hide source code).

And also this particular .anakin.'s transmission mod is not precompiled, so your point probably fails... I suppose.
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    11/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    4/5 ssss39385
    i suppose if the work (of modders) is done well there is no need to hide source code).
    The only bugless program is "hello world"...

And also this particular .anakin.'s transmission mod is not precompiled, so your point probably fails... I suppose.
    As it sends the same report as the uTorrent mods, some trackers can already detect it.
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    0/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss55
    well, it'd be quite hard to released this mod precompiled. Since i created it to be a linux mod and i think of it as a linux mod which can also be used under Mac.
    It cannot be precompiled for linux.
    For Mac OSX it could be, if i had a Mac :) Since i dont have one, i intend it to be distributed as source code.
    so it has nothing to do with stealth.

Also about ghostleecher.com client:
    I agree whith shadowww, it's a little shady to not release the source.
    But what can we expect from a site (and it's owner) which starts with a PayPal donate button before any information?:)
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    11/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    4/5 ssss39385
    Quote Originally Posted by .anakin. View Post
    Also about ghostleecher.com client:
    I agree whith shadowww, it's a little shady to not release the source.
    But what can we expect from a site (and it's owner) which starts with a PayPal donate button before any information?:)
    Plus it's been a while it's not updated

It would be good if someone could try it, though. I don't have a Mac either, but would like to know which specific features it has
    Thanks

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast