Thread: Disable Referrer Headers In Firefox

P2P Client
    utorrent3.0
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 15/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss61
    Quote Originally Posted by anon View Post
    SB-I isn't on their list. Apply this tweak and visit YouTube, Google, Wikipedia, etc. If the scanner can't tell you've visited those sites, you're safe.

If you want to test if referers are fully disabled, go to IP.cc, then click on "anonymity test".

Result:

You are using high-anonymous (elite) proxy (if you are using proxy). Click here to get more information about this proxy typ

is ok??? im using Mozilla portable from a year my header was set by himself to 0

any help i dont mi acc banned
    pls help with this

google wiki and yahoo working for me wit value set to 0

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	imothep-albums-fyk-picture12201-19211025ekmzmxkc.png 
Views:	196 
Size:	51.7 KB 
ID:	12202
    Last edited by Imothep; 19.12.11 at 21:14.
    Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    8/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssss39439
    Quote Originally Posted by Imothep View Post
    Result:

You are using high-anonymous (elite) proxy (if you are using proxy). Click here to get more information about this proxy typ
    Click on "anonymity test" at the left, then scroll down and see what it says next to "HTTP_REFERER". If it's n/a, you're fine.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."
    Thanks

3. Who Said Thanks:

Imothep (19.12.11)

P2P Client
    utorrent3.0
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 15/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss61
    is fine! good thing mozilla portable using with no history and Tell web sites you do not want to be tracked (checked)

Last edited by Imothep; 19.12.11 at 21:19.
    Thanks

Retired Seal
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss2079
    Just a quick note to all interested. I recently found a web page that allows a user to disable referring in Google Chrome. What you, the user, can do is try to alter Chrome's .exe itself. You can try to attempt to do this by editing Chrome's desktop shortcut's, it's, quick launch, and startmenu item. You will probably need to make the target line to include --no-referrers. The example that I came across had the same example provided here: "C:\Users\Username\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\Appl ication\chrome.exe" --no-referrers

A Chrome extension that suppossedly does the same job is located here:

I have no idea on the strength of this extension nor on the above info that I've supplied. I do hope that it works as I also use Chrome. Other than that, if there is anyone else that knows of other method that may be better than what I've supplied above, please do share. By the way, after you do this, you will see Google Chrome's old .exe listed as old_chrome.exe
    Last edited by SealLion; 20.01.12 at 05:09.
    "God, from the mount Sinai
    whose grey top shall tremble,
    He descending, will Himself,
    in thunder, lightning, and loud trumpet’s sound,
    ordain them laws".

John Milton (1608-1674) in Paradise Lost

Ripley's SealLion's Believe it or Not! ~ NASCAR car crashes and Windows have just one thing in common.
    Oh, oh. Better use LINUX.
    Thanks

6. Who Said Thanks:

Instab (21.01.12)

Activity Longevity
    4/20 17/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss6661
    i assume that option works on other platforms, too?
    Your account has been disabled.
    Thanks

Retired Seal
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss2079
    I'm not too sure, Instab. I wouldn't assume myself 100% but I can't see any reason why it would not. If Chrome's .exe can be modified on Windows, even with a different OS platform in place, I would tend to believe that even though all the libraries, file systems and arrangement of where things are stored are different along with the executable file formats being different and the notion of processes being also different between them all, that Chrome's executable file in Mac or Linux could be altered so as to get the benefit of disabling referrers. I don't run a Mac but I would be pretty interested in knowing if it could be altered so that referrers are disabled.

One thing that I think could also work, at least according to the website author listed in the below weblink, is to install this script in the Preferences section.

import json

import os

import time

# current prefs

pref_path = '{0}/.config/chromium/Default/Preferences'.format(os.getenv('HOME'))

prefs = open(pref_path, 'r+')

json_prefs = prefs.read()

# backup

old_prefs = open('{0}.{1}'.format(pref_path, time.time()), 'w')

old_prefs.write(json_prefs)

old_prefs.close()

# disable referrers

new_prefs = json.loads(json_prefs)

new_prefs['enable_referrers'] = False

new_json_prefs = json.dumps(new_prefs, sort_keys=True, indent=4)

# save

prefs.write(new_json_prefs)

prefs.close()

print 'DONE'
    The link is from here:
    One other option would be to spoof referrer. You would have to install the Chrome extension called 'external noreferrer' found in the Chrome Web Store. Another Chrome extension to install that spoofs the referrer is called 'spoofy'. I have no idea on the actual effectiveness of either of these extensions but I can't see any reason to not give these extensions a try. But I am going to give these a try the next time I start up Chrome.

A third option to try ( myself too) is to install the Anonym.to Extension for Chrome. This last one at least allows the person browsing to navigate with some anonymity on the net.

A fourth option to try is to install a Chrome extension called KISS Privacy. The thing with this extension is that it is going to require some work on the user end first. You have to define what t to block yourself. This last one also cleans out your http referrer requests. Again, you would have to see how effective these are on your system with your setup as each of us have different set ups.
    "God, from the mount Sinai
    whose grey top shall tremble,
    He descending, will Himself,
    in thunder, lightning, and loud trumpet’s sound,
    ordain them laws".

John Milton (1608-1674) in Paradise Lost

Ripley's SealLion's Believe it or Not! ~ NASCAR car crashes and Windows have just one thing in common.
    Oh, oh. Better use LINUX.
    Thanks

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345