Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: BitMeTV.ORG

Activity Longevity
    2/20 17/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssssss837
    Quote Originally Posted by shawshankraj View Post
    Message from Bitmetv
    Mihai are you testing WM v3 or something? :)
    Thanks

Retired Seal
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss2079
    You know this is such trash that this tracker want's to make a global ban on Romanians. I strongly suspect that they just want to use Romanians as scapegoats and further the propaganda that all (or most) Romanians are as bad as they paint them out to be. That site is such trash.
    "God, from the mount Sinai
    whose grey top shall tremble,
    He descending, will Himself,
    in thunder, lightning, and loud trumpet’s sound,
    ordain them laws".

John Milton (1608-1674) in Paradise Lost

Ripley's SealLion's Believe it or Not! ~ NASCAR car crashes and Windows have just one thing in common.
    Oh, oh. Better use LINUX.
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    8/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssss39452
    The funny thing is that many Romanians and non-.ro people alike wouldn't be cheating if their ratio system was a bit more fair with the little guy. They're rising the bridge instead of lowering the river, as it's often said.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."
    Thanks

4. Who Said Thanks:

SealLion (28.06.11)

Quote Originally Posted by SealLion View Post
    I strongly suspect that they just want to use Romanians as scapegoats and further the propaganda that all (or most) Romanians are as bad as they paint them out to be.
    I don't want to be a devil's advocate by saying this but usually there is no smoke without the fire.
    Thanks

Retired Seal
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss2079
    Yes. That's it very true; however, I also find that most sites offer the 3-day seeding rule as well as minimum ratio requirements. Then again, even with those in mind, if a person is seeding for the min. 3 days and doesn't get any ratio built up as a result of his/her efforts, the guy basically loses out and has to put up with being on ratio-watch or warned or have his account disabled. Basically, their screwed. I know.

What I think might be an option with respect to your analogy is to offer the small-bandwidth-guy 100% of his seeding amounts counted towards his ratio including let's say some bonus towards seeding time and have the seedbox-guy get only a percentage of his total seed ( let's just say for the sake of argument 75 %). I don't know. It's just an idea. It might be very controversial and might even be seen as prejudicial against seedboxers and I wouldn't disagree over that.

All I know is bitmetv is pure trash. I totally disagree over the way that they're threatening to handle this. So now they're telling everyone that they're going to exclude people based on country of origin. You can't convince me that every time a Romanian goes on their IRC they start misbehaving, swearing, insulting, etc..etc...That's bullsh**t.

It's more than likely a small group of people and continues to be the same ones on every occasion. This includes cheating. The cheaters are more than likely getting caught, getting and setting-up a new account and continue to cheat and subsequently are caught yet again with the idea in mind that it's now a different Romanian altogether when in fact it might very well be the same individual(s).

I mean, I really like how they perpetuate the idea that it's always Romanians.
    Always. ...
    Bullsh**t!!
    Sounds like horse-hockey to me.
    And even if it is, so what that they're getting a bit emotional. I wouldn't blame them in consideration of always being blamed. I have so much disdain for this site.
    Last edited by SealLion; 28.06.11 at 04:55.
    ordain them laws".

Ripley's SealLion's Believe it or Not! ~ NASCAR car crashes and Windows have just one thing in common.
    Thanks

7. Who Said Thanks:

shawshankraj (28.06.11) , Resurrection (28.06.11)

P2P Client
    utorrent,mr,rm
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 16/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss233
    I heard that some European dont like Gypsy and many Gypsy live in Romania. It may be the reason BmTV ban the complete Romania.
    I dont think most Romania PTer are cheaters. It is not fair.
    Anyway, Romania have many good trackers and many great trackers move their server to Romania. I think Romania dont care, BmTV is useless.
    Thanks

9. Who Said Thanks:

shawshankraj (28.06.11)

Retired Seal
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss2079
    You gotta be kidding me??

You really believe that it's gypsies that's for the fault of all Romanians getting a potential global ban?? If I was gypsy, I'd tell you straight out that the official and designated image of bullsh**t is being the de facto image of a piece of sh**t that needs life. It's official function of course is having you believe that any situation you encounter, including anything that your ever told which might otherwise be perplexing, ridiculous, or otherwise completely insane is actually really, really, really true and you should believe it.

Gypsy's, or more properly, Roma, live throughout Europe and not just Romania. Blaming the Roma is just making them the scapegoat when the real problem lies in the attitudes of people at the top who make the most inane decisions one could possibly imagine. I'm surprised that Romanians don't start using the correct hand signal as a response to this (a strong fist with middle-finger and thumb extended).

Gyspies are not the problem. Nor are they the cause. It's attitude and correct thinking and correct response to this. Not some potential global ban. How do you know that there's not a few Roma here on the forum?? If I was gypsy, I'd take offense and tell you what I mentioned above.

You know in all of this, I can just hear what's being said in their (BitmeTV staff, that is) heads right now " The biadolical words inside my head are telling me themselves that I'm not mad. I know I'm not mad. I'm just a little bit off the wall" It makes me wonder that these people maybe invented insanity.
    ordain them laws".

Thanks

11. Who Said Thanks:

Blocker (29.06.11) , flowerorange (29.06.11)

P2P Client
    utorrent,mr,rm
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 16/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss233
    No offense to Gypsy or Roma. I just say what I heard from other European guys. I'm not European and I know nothing about Gypsy. I am just curious.
    Of course Gypsy is not the major reason of complete ban. But complete ban is a big issue, if they really care about Romanians , they will keep find out cheaters not complete ban. Many users from other countrys also cheated there. As you say, Romanian is scapegoat. But why them? Just because many Romanians cheated ?
    anyway,It is a useless tracker can barely survive without seedbox or cheat .
    Thanks

13. Who Said Thanks:

SealLion (29.06.11)

Retired Seal
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss2079
    What I think might be also an issue is what's called the domino effect. There have been trackers before in the past that have taken this approach, albeit a preposterous one, and subsequently, follow-up trackers have negotiated themselves into this domino effect whereby they ban all Romanians from their site. Subsequently, other trackers also follow suit. And on it goes.

And yes, I was aware of the fact that you mentioned regarding that you heard that gypsies were to blame for it. It's actually my bad that I misunderstood what you said. Somewhere along the line I think I just didn't take it into consideration.

Any ways....I"m not too keen on believing what others say unless I can verify myself what is really accurate. In other words, second-hand knowledge is not all that reliable for knowledge. First-hand knowledge, your own knowledge that is, is reliable when personally verified for accuracy and correctness.

I'd also wonder what gypsies would even have to do with it all. Gypsies, or Roma, have always been good target practice for what-ever it was deemed good to blame them for. Hence another scapegoat.

Another thing is sites like BitmeTV don't give a rat's fart about Romanians. Never have and more than likely never will. Why??...because they can afford to. That's why. With competition coming from other sites like TVtorrents.ro and elsewhere, there might come a time where they won't be able to any further. They wouldn't afford to any longer. But then again, maybe not. Who knows, though.

But one thing I will add is that an empire doesn't last forever. Trackers, like empires, do fall.

Finally, with some of the great Romanian trackers like Iplay and TVtorrents.ro, is it any wonder that the sysops of those sites made those sites when there's bans left and right for Romanians because of some possible domino effect or what-ever would be the reason that doesn't seem to involve common sense??
    People move on elsewhere for the same or other material. Most people know about the seedbox necessity at BitmeTV and realize the complete contrast that sites like TVtorrents.ro has. Better returns on seeding after leeching is one example.

I remember on BitmeTV I'd sit on a torrent for 2 weeks or longer even just to get at least at most 80% ratio return. That was ridiculous, I thought. That long!!??

For sites like TVtorrents and other Romanian sites, it's trackers for Romanians by Romanians. And yes of course, non-Romanians invited of course. Maybe the sysops got tired of all the Romanian-bashing going on and decided at some point in history to create a tracker based out of Romania and make it into a really great tracker.
    Last edited by SealLion; 29.06.11 at 05:04.
    ordain them laws".

Thanks

15. Who Said Thanks:

flowerorange (29.06.11)

Activity Longevity
    0/20 16/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss125
    Guys, BMTV is going down, They can't keep up with BTN, they have a shitty site, shitty staff, everybody hates them.
    imho I think that's it, they even tried open registrations a while ago.
    Thanks

Closed Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456