Closed Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: TehConnection

Activity Longevity
    0/20 8/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss33
    On behalf of the senior staff of TehConnection, I wish to advise the news that noone has been wanting to hear: TehConnection is no longer. As there has been no communication with the senior admin, we do not know who is currently running the main server or what exactly is happening. We can only assume that forces are at play to which we know nothing about.
    We wish to thank the community for their help and support through all these years. There were many happy times for us all, both as users, and as staff. We have seen many great accomplishments in our time, and we have watched many of our community as they grew, not just on TC but elsewhere. It has been a real pleasure helping, and serving you.
    Is this the end? We don't know. Only time will tell.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/trackers/co...from_tc_staff/

I can confirm that this is a legitimate statement from the leaders of TC.
    Very sad to see you go. I really hope you'll be back. PTP will miss you.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/trackers/co...staff/dnottqm/
    Thanks

2. Who Said Thanks:

anon (02.10.17)

Activity Longevity
    0/20 9/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss76
    Seems like the one having access to the main server scammed them and tried to get some money in the process. At least not that many people have donated..
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss240
    Quote Originally Posted by L3tti View Post
    So bad... But great I manage to get all the old movies I like... Any sucessor?
    PTP has been mentioned and x264.me may also be worth a look.
    cosanostra was pretty cool, but they did shut down this year, too.
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    11/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    5/5 ssss39386
    I guess there was no server backup after all.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    0/20 9/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss76
    I guess either a new tracker will spring out or most of the users will try their luck with ptp or some of the hd trackers.
    Teh had eventually around 14-15k members. Half of them must have already been on ptp, maybe more.
    The rest will just be divided on general trackers, hdtorrents and ahd. And just selected few will make it on ptp.
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    11/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    5/5 ssss39386
    Quote Originally Posted by latres View Post
    And just selected few will make it on ptp.
    I was thinking PTP may become a bit easier to join for a while, to allow for TC refugees (I hate that term, but I'll use it for the sake of practicality and understanding). It seems unlikely though, they're already happy the way they are.

If a successor tracker is to appear, now is the time.
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    0/20 9/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss76
    Yeah, like making public announcements to the size of the entire PTP ( in contrast to netflix, amazon etc) is gonna help at all.
    Its just recruitment for the most elite users. One could call it pretty much closed again, but even now new people manage to get recruited. Is it worth the time/effort investment though? I would def say yes, but opinions vary.

As for teh, even if a new tracker is created, its pretty much pointless now. Teh was for many years into the game and still didnt manage to get even half the number of torrents ptp had. The only somewhat logical action would be for ptp to raise the limit to at least 40k. Or keep 35k as soft limit and let new users be able to join via these hard recruitments indefinitely..
    Thanks

P2P Client
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Activity Longevity
    3/20 13/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss422
    Someone posted this on 4chan

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1508539419827.png 
Views:	48 
Size:	7.6 KB 
ID:	18373
    Thanks

P2P Client
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Activity Longevity
    3/20 13/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss422
    Update 1

Former senior staff members of TehConnection can confirm that they are looking to build a replacement for TehConnection. We know there is still a lot of interest out there, we can also confirm we have an old copy of the database. There are no promises that this will eventuate into a new tracker site, but we have the means and development to make it happen. Our plan is to not be a gazelle clone so the site is being written from scratch. We do need some extra help to make this happen. One of these being that we are looking for a UX designer(s) with an artistic eye. If you can assist us, we would be keen to hear from you. If we are successful, we do have a tentative go-live date in mind. However, we will update on this at a later date. Thank you
    Update 2

Just to clarify some points made in original post:
    we aren't writing everything from scratch; we are building on a years-long effort that was already underway to rewrite TC, and that project uses existing production-ready frameworks. We're aiming to launch a minimum viable product (MVP) for beta testing by Christmas, and we welcome security audits from those gracious enough to volunteer their time.
    to date, we have still been unable to contact the sysadmin of the original TC. We are saddened by what has happened but cannot confirm who has posted the BTC address that most of you have seen. We do acknowledge that there were security issues with the original TC, and this is something which we are taking seriously and changing process to ensure this does not happen again. We will not be asking for any donations until we can deliver a functioning site.
    we are asking for help, but only from designers. We have enough devs to get things wired together, and while we are willing to launch the site with a bootstrap theme or some other shitty-looking alternative, we would much rather have it looking good from day one. Those who have pm-ed already
    we are not planning to use most of the content in the database we do have, including torrent files. Essentially we will be starting over, but using the db to validate TC refugees.
    Thank you
    Thanks

11. Who Said Thanks:

FubareD (02.11.17) , anon (24.10.17) , illusive (24.10.17)

Activity Longevity
    11/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    5/5 ssss39386
    everyone should remain hopeful

There are no promises that this will eventuate into a new tracker site

We do need some extra help to make this happen.

If we are successful, we do have a tentative go-live date in mind.

We're aiming to launch a minimum viable product (MVP) for beta testing by Christmas

we are not planning to use most of the content in the database we do have, including torrent files. Essentially we will be starting over
    Thanks

13. Who Said Thanks:

Blocker (25.10.17)

P2P Client
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Activity Longevity
    3/20 13/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss422
    found this url on reddit.

https://tehconnection.me/

Edit:

TehConnection Reborn

TehConnection has been Reborn!

I came to the decision to relaunch TehConnection myself due to the sad fact that the original site disappeared without trace several months ago. I am a firm believer in the here and the now and I don't believe in waiting for something that very well may never happen no matter how good their intentions are. So with that mindset I set about exploring the idea of relaunching TehConnection myself. As you can see we're not using Gazelle and instead are using UNIT3D a new, fresh and up to date script based off the lovely Laravel Framework. I do realize that some people may prefer the old look and Gazelle. However, I seriously did consider going with Gazelle but decided against it once I saw how wonderful this codebase is out of the box. It is my belief it will serve us very well, and it is my hope that you will all join me in rebuilding the movies library that the old site once had. Bear in mind that UNIT3D is still pretty new and a stable build should be released by end of April named UNIT3D 2.0 LTS (Stable)
    You are all advised to report bugs if/when you find them.

firztspawn wrote:

Alastair can call his new tracker anything he wants, and it seems he has decided to call it TehConnection.
    From memory he was Community Staff while at TC (cannot remember where from).

He has opened up the offer to legitimate TC staff and good luck to him. Unfortunately he has not communicated with any TC staff that I am aware of.

We looked at keeping the name TehConnection - however we decided against this due to the issues which TC has had in the past at the hand of at least 2 of it's owners.

For those who are looking out for the relaunch, remember the letters JCT which will be staffed by the crew that TC users remember well: DG, hwkns, brucie, myself, and many others.

Good luck to Alastair and his version

signed: legit staff of the site formerly known as TC
    Invites are being offered on MAM. No requirements.
    Last edited by H265; 30.03.18 at 11:26.
    Thanks

15. Who Said Thanks:

anon (01.04.18)

P2P Client
    Transmission
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 13/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss100
    Quote Originally Posted by H265 View Post
    found this url on reddit.

https://tehconnection.me/

Edit:

Invites are being offered on MAM. No requirements.
    Available in Nebulance also
    Thanks

P2P Client
    Transmission
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 8/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss96
    It doesn't have a huge torrent base since there was no backup, but it would be good to build ratio up now

Also the owner is not the previous owner, it's someone who took it upon themselves to bring this back.
    Last edited by Spidtest; 31.03.18 at 11:25.
    Thanks

P2P Client
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Activity Longevity
    3/20 13/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss422
    Quote Originally Posted by Spidtest View Post
    It doesn't have a huge torrent base since there was no backup, but it would be good to build ratio up now

Also the owner is not the previous owner, it's someone who took it upon themselves to bring this back.
    Very few torrents. I think you should wait a few months before you start cheating.
    Thanks

P2P Client
    Transmission
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 8/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss96
    Quote Originally Posted by H265 View Post
    Very few torrents. I think you should wait a few months before you start cheating.
    Agreed, but to be fair at this stage you can upload files from other sites without needing to cheat atm.

Oh they also give a generous 49GB buffer too.
    Last edited by Spidtest; 31.03.18 at 14:14.
    Thanks

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast