P2P Client
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Activity Longevity
    3/20 13/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss422
    TehConnection news

100 days

It's been 100 days or so since we made our The Future of TehConnection.eu Announcement and though it might not seem like it, we've made some major progress and we're not done yet!

Over the past 100 days we have:

- Integrated our new Ocelot Tracker

- Built Justine Bot which serves users and staff in IRC

- Fully functional Mail Server giving us a 98.4% delivery rate

- TehIMG.eu for hosting images/screenshots/etc.

- Invested in our infrastructure and security
    -- 1 x Front-End Server | 1 x Back-End Server | 1 x IRC Server | 1 x Development Server | 1 x Site Operations Proxy Server | 1 x Image Hosting Server | 1 x Zero Knowledge Storage Server

- Developer working on the current source code

- Developer(s) working on a next-generation torrent site/tracker software (No ETA but we are shooting for Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson 2020)

- Several new and old staff and helpers handling daily site operations

- Dozens upon dozens of smaller Gazelle bugs and pages that you would never have known of or even seen, but they are fixed! =)

- And there's probably a ton more that our amazing Astarael has done that we don't even know about!

In the not so distant future we will be:

- Automated Crypto-Currency donation system

- Encoding / Uploading Server - 2 x Xeon - 32 GB DDR4 - 30 TB HDD - 1 GBit Full Duplex

- Staff have been under intense deliberation regarding a Bonus System + Seeder Surge - We don't know what's going to happen but we'll let you know before the final decision is made! We've read your suggestions and comments, all 1000 of them, we will do our best to give you the users what you ask for.

- We've noticed a considerable increase in the amount of inactive users coming into IRC and re-enabling their account, many of them 5-8 yrs since their last login. So we will soon be re-activating all "good" but inactivity disabled users. There's approximately 50,000 of them. We'll start with 2500 users a week being enabled. It will increase activity, torrent retention and speed, we are already up 40,000+ peers since the beginning of the year.

- New default Style-sheet - its secksy asf.

We are looking for developers!

We need more hands! Our developers have donated so much of their personal time and they continue to do so but working at the pace they are will burn anyone out, let's load-balance the work so no on gets tired!

Preferred Qualifications
    Writing server-side code for web-based applications
    C++, PHP, AJAX, Python or JavaScript, database design and SQL.
    Develop UI with AJAX and similar technologies.
    An understanding/experience with CSS and HTML5 development
    Knowledge of Unix/Linux.
    Experience with the BitTorrent protocol

If you are interested in joining our operations team, please send Astarael a message.

Make sure you include what position(s) you are looking to fill, as well as a CV or any qualifications you possess.

DONATIONS

After many, many years our PayPal account got reported about a month ago and has now been permanently locked. There was 160~ euros in the account.

We have prepaid all of TC's hardware for the next <60 days with donations that we were able to transfer out.

We don't want to gamble with your donations by setting up another PayPal account (even thought we think we can still beat PayPal!).

We have decided to make the transition to BitCoin.

If you are financially able, please consider making a donation to help us pay the bills!
    Thanks

P2P Client
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Activity Longevity
    3/20 13/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss422
    http://i.cubeupload.com/RvO4yL.png

http://i.cubeupload.com/2euCbN.png

http://i.cubeupload.com/hOE8yr.png

http://i.cubeupload.com/S57toR.png

New tehconnection stylesheet. It's almost complete. I'm waiting for a dark version.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RvO4yL.png 
Views:	29 
Size:	149.5 KB 
ID:	18066  
    Thanks

P2P Client
    Vuze, QBT, Deluge
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 9/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss187
    some news from teh:

We're going Ratioless.
    we're opening IRC recruitment -- ITS OPEN! #TC.Recruitment
    we're throwing in a bonus point system.
    there's much, much, much more to come in the near future.
    Thanks

4. Who Said Thanks:

H265 (12.09.17)

P2P Client
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Activity Longevity
    3/20 13/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss422
    I hope they come back!

Due to a court order granted to the Attorney General of Quebec with the assistance of the Special Enforcement Unit, TehConnection's servers were seized, fortunately - we run a mirror server for the front-end which allowed us to back-up data offshore from the actual server before deleting all traces of TC.
    This happened less than 30 days after the Systems Administrator of TC was threatened by a member of staff at a prominent private movie tracker. Take your guesses.
    At this time we are re-evaluating our efforts to determine what sort of set-up is necessary to prevent this from happening again as well as negotiating with hosting firms in Russia and Hong Kong to determine if they will be able to provide us with the hardware, network and support we require at a manageable cost.
    Please donate to our efforts via BTC, keep seeding the torrents, and we will try and be back as soon as possible.
    1HVr7VpswDwaShhvDakQW7Ygcjyph3qVUL
    Thanks

6. Who Said Thanks:

anon (23.09.17) , latres (22.09.17)

P2P Client
    VEM
    Activity Longevity
    5/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss1606
    Which prominent movie tracker?
    Thanks

P2P Client
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Activity Longevity
    3/20 13/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss422
    from hdbits about tehc

edit: we [HDB] have received reliable information that the site is likely to be presumed compromised and lost. We urge everyone to not donate to the bitcoin address on their page until more clarification is provided by the person in charge of the infrastructure. Unfortunately a lot of things are still unclear so we can't make any definitive assessment of the situation but we strongly advise you to err on the side of caution!
    Thanks

9. Who Said Thanks:

Blocker (28.09.17) , anon (23.09.17) , FubareD (23.09.17)

Activity Longevity
    11/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    5/5 ssss39386
    Quote Originally Posted by molosse View Post
    there's much, much, much more to come in the near future.
    Quote Originally Posted by H265 View Post
    Due to a court order granted to the Attorney General of Quebec with the assistance of the Special Enforcement Unit, TehConnection's servers were seized
    Quote Originally Posted by H265 View Post
    we [HDB] have received reliable information that the site is likely to be presumed compromised and lost
    Unfortunate timing
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."
    Thanks

P2P Client
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Activity Longevity
    3/20 13/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss422
    Quote Originally Posted by anon View Post
    Unfortunate timing
    post from wigornot.

They recently promoted some Dev's, so I would assume one of them went rogue. I doubt it is coming back. PTP is recruiting at RED, HDB, and BTN and is a superior site.
    that had nothing to do with it. none of the new devs had access to anything yet.
    teh will be back, though not under its original name. all of us staff are working around the clock currently.

cheers, guys, I'll put up an invite post on here when we're up.

also, what we think happened was that the sysadmin shut down the site of his own accord and wanted to make it look like a raid so he could get sympathy BTC.

and I'd like to say it hasn't worked, he's only raised $15 lmao
    Thanks

12. Who Said Thanks:

anon (25.09.17)

Activity Longevity
    11/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    5/5 ssss39386
    also, what we think happened was that the sysadmin shut down the site of his own accord and wanted to make it look like a raid so he could get sympathy BTC.
    BitTorrent is like a telenovela sometimes
    Thanks

P2P Client
    utorrent
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 9/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss23
    So bad... But great I manage to get all the old movies I like... Any sucessor?
    Thanks

P2P Client
    Vuze, QBT, Deluge
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 9/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss187
    god damn it TC!
    I spent the summer building a nice buffer and only started to download all the old/rare movies earlier this month.
    perfect timing, huh?

you better come back!
    Thanks

P2P Client
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Activity Longevity
    3/20 13/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss422
    god damn it TC!
    I spent the summer building a nice buffer and only started to download all the old/rare movies earlier this month.
    perfect timing, huh?

you better come back!
    If what that guy posted on wigornot is true they'll be back with another name. I just hope they have the backups of the site and won't have to start from zero again!. Everything was going good for teh and suddenly the system operator shuts down the site.
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    11/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    5/5 ssss39386
    god damn it TC!
    perfect timing, huh?

you better come back!
    What.cd, ScT, FTN, UK-T and others, they taught us one important thing: don't take anything for granted, Internet sites could shut down tomorrow, throwing away all that time and effort you spent on getting that buffer/invite/virtual item.

I don't think it's wrong to upload stuff to get some perks or help a site, and I don't think this is the end for TC. But always keep the above in mind.
    Thanks

18. Who Said Thanks:

FubareD (30.09.17) , latres (29.09.17)

P2P Client
    Vuze, QBT, Deluge
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 9/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss187
    yep, I'm done buffering. No more bytes savings, I'll spent all I have. Carpe Diem it is.

And if their plans haven't changed, it'll be free pizza anyway.
    Last edited by molosse; 29.09.17 at 23:29.
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    0/20 9/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss76
    Quote Originally Posted by anon View Post
    What.cd, ScT, FTN, UK-T and others, they taught us one important thing: don't take anything for granted, Internet sites could shut down tomorrow, throwing away all that time and effort you spent on getting that buffer/invite/virtual item.

I don't think it's wrong to upload stuff to get some perks or help a site, and I don't think this is the end for TC. But always keep the above in mind.
    Eventually we all fall to that ''trap''. Even i did with teh and tb of data, since they didnt have active HnR system, so it all came pretty handy for immediate use.

The more i am in the game, the more find more wise the people that try to just keep a ratio of 1.
    Last edited by latres; 29.09.17 at 23:37.
    Thanks

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast