Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: x264

Activity Longevity
    0/20 17/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss303
    Quote Originally Posted by THC View Post
    The tracker is useless anyway.
    Thanks! but really? I want the internal rips from x264. I've heard they have the best.
    Thanks

Retired Seal
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss2079
    I love the Admin for a day thing. Cool. But I wonder how long it would take to gather the number of points needed to get that. YOu would probably need to seed for a fairly lengthy amount of time and since it is not per torrent based that is sort or unfortunate.
    "God, from the mount Sinai
    whose grey top shall tremble,
    He descending, will Himself,
    in thunder, lightning, and loud trumpet’s sound,
    ordain them laws".

John Milton (1608-1674) in Paradise Lost

Ripley's SealLion's Believe it or Not! ~ NASCAR car crashes and Windows have just one thing in common.
    Oh, oh. Better use LINUX.
    Thanks

P2P Client
    utorrent
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss1308
    Mass PM...

This PM is for any member who is failing to seed every torrent for 1 week, or to a 1:1 ratio. We've been noticing a lot of hit and runs lately by longtime members who are unfortunately ignoring the minimum seedtime requirements. This Mass PM serves as a reminder that failing to seed the minimum (1 week or 1:1 ratio) can easily result in your account being disabled if it's bad enough. Starting in a few days, we will be handing out 1-2 week warnings to ANYONE that hit and runs on anything, even if they seeded well on all of other torrents they grabbed.

There is simply no excuse for the behavior we are seeing. If you are stopping seeding torrents in order to transfer them to another harddrive or computer, DON'T forget to start seeding them again. If you are downloading torrents to a server, make DAMN SURE you will be able to seed them on that server for a week, or download to home and continue seeding from there. We give a lot of leeway on this subject, and give people days (and sometimes longer) to come back and seed before we consider issuing a warning. We understand shit happens, like hardware failures, and will certainly cut slack in such instances. If you have a HW failure and are forced to hit and run on a few torrents, send a Staff PM to the Moderator class briefly explaining what torrents you are hit and running on and when you will be back to seed them.

Multiple warnings for hit and runs WILL result in an account being disabled, and the owner permanently barred from this site. The Key word here is multiple, and this can mean just 2 warnings for hit and runs can result in your account being disabled (if we think the situation warrants such). We will give users a few days to react to this PM, and then it's "game on" for warning any hit and runners we find.

If users wish to monitor their seedtime it is quite easy. Just click on your nick to go to your userdetails page, and click on "All Activity". Now click on "Seedtime" until it arranges you torrents by least to most days seeded. Anything that you downloaded between 2011-11-03 and now that you seeded less than 1 week or to a 1:1 ratio is something you need to go back and seed again.

Freeleech going on..
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    7/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssss39430
    Quote Originally Posted by SealLion View Post
    I love the Admin for a day thing. Cool. But I wonder how long it would take to gather the number of points needed to get that. YOu would probably need to seed for a fairly lengthy amount of time and since it is not per torrent based that is sort or unfortunate.
    It might be a psychological trick to make people seed.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."
    Thanks

P2P Client
    VEM
    Activity Longevity
    6/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 sssss1619
    Quote Originally Posted by anon View Post
    You can do some math with the following x264 quote

What do I get points for?
    You receive 0.5 points for every hour the system registers you as a seeder. Currently this is total, not per torrent. If you are seeding 5 things, it is still 0.5 points per hour.
    Thanks

Retired Seal
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss2079
    Quote Originally Posted by shawshankraj View Post
    Freeleech going on..
    I didn't read anything on a freeleech going on in that quote shawshankraj. I am not there but maybe they do have one.

Quote Originally Posted by anon View Post
    For sure it is. Waffles does something similar with their points acquisition too. But as memory recalls, I never saw anything regarding becoming an admin for a day. I wonder what sort of admin x264 would enable a user. Probably one with limited powers perhaps or maybe one with all the regular admin privileges.
    "God, from the mount Sinai
    whose grey top shall tremble,
    He descending, will Himself,
    in thunder, lightning, and loud trumpet’s sound,
    ordain them laws".

John Milton (1608-1674) in Paradise Lost

Ripley's SealLion's Believe it or Not! ~ NASCAR car crashes and Windows have just one thing in common.
    Oh, oh. Better use LINUX.
    Thanks

P2P Client
    What ?! That's Private!
    Activity Longevity
    2/20 16/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss510

Tracker Url: x264.me
    Name: x264
    Category: Movies
    Ratio System: Ratio
    Availability: Invite only
    IRC: irc.xevion.net:+6670 (#x264, #x264-encoding)

Banners: this is a full page containing only the banners of the site.

Home

Categories

Classes

Torrents sorted by seeders

Torrents sorted by time

Bonus

General rules

Uploading rules

Downloading and community rules

Requests

Staff

Upcoming internal encodes page

Internal encoding application post on the forum

Forum page

Invites offered in the invites section on forum

Comment:

x264 is small and old tracker for x264 encodes of SD and HD content. Invites in power users section are available for multiple trackers but most offers are dead. Staffers offer invites for their sites are disabled for inactivity. Almost no recruitment there at all for that reason. Ordinary invites offered for known trackers but nothing out of the ordinary at all. Seeding and leeching is not active and for that cheating there is not easy. mR & rm working great with memory reader up to 1 MB/s but be careful with the speeds. Peer lists are easy to be checked there. Clients allowed are all

Currently we do not ban specific clients. That being said, you use shady clients at your own risk. If your client makes you look like you are cheating, then you may be banned as a cheater. The clients we recommend to use are:
    µTorrent
    Azureus/Vuze

For anything else, you need to be self-supporting (little to no help/support available).
    Last edited by illusive; 10.06.17 at 01:53.
    Thanks

8. Who Said Thanks:

latres (10.06.17) , alpacino (10.06.17) , anon (10.06.17) , Rebound (10.06.17)

P2P Client
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Activity Longevity
    3/20 13/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss422
    12th Bday Freeleech

A low key 12th birthday begins with some free leech. We'll be taking things easy this year. Go head and grab some things off your favorites list. Thanks to everyone new and old, but especially those that have stuck around for double digit years. We love you all!
    Thanks

10. Who Said Thanks:

Blocker (21.10.17)

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234