+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Donate you sometimes money to the trackers?.

P2P Client
    µTorrent
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 16/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss230
    So far, NO. But I've been wondering for a long time now if I should donate to private trackers.
    Like marcust, I appreciate elearning trackers.
    But I'm not sure to which I should to donate to: BitMe, BitSpyder, or TheGeeks.
    I'd like to donate to BitSpyder, but content lately seems rare few.
    There are more updates in BitMe. Hmmm.
    Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    0/20 16/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss21
    i would dontae myself, spare the need to cheat ..but we dont have paypal where i live so guess that's that
    Thanks

P2P Client
    uTorrentRatioMaster 1.9.1
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 16/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss254
    Unless I used a site a lot and liked the community there, I wouldn't donate my hard earned monies.
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    0/20 16/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss28
    Nope. The whole reason I'm using BitTorrent is because I'm trying to save money. Besides, there's enough competition around (especially among the general/0day trackers) so when one of them dies, several other are born. I guess some good niche trackers would deserve support but I can't afford the luxury of giving it.
    Thanks

P2P Client
    uTorrentRatioMaster 1.9.1
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 16/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss254
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Crane View Post
    Nope. The whole reason I'm using BitTorrent is because I'm trying to save money. Besides, there's enough competition around (especially among the general/0day trackers) so when one of them dies, several other are born. I guess some good niche trackers would deserve support but I can't afford the luxury of giving it.
    I feel ya, most people who are rich/comfortably living aren't into the whole downloading scene unless they're tech geeks... affluent people I know simply go and pick-up the blu-ray/dvd from an entertainment store. Whereas I'll load up a torrent tracker and hit something on the download... ocassionally paying for new hard-drives. Doing it digitally is more cost effective and takes up less space in your house!
    Thanks

P2P Client
    Deluge
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 15/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss68
    Nope. Even if I did have the money I still wouldn't.

You don't know where the money really goes.
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    0/20 16/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss533
    If I had too much money then maybe I would donate. Maybe!
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GymTanAndLaundry View Post
    Doing it digitally is more cost effective and takes up less space in your house!
    That's just because you're stealing the content rather than paying for it. Of course it will be more cost effective.

I do realize the irony of this post on a torrent forum, but let's all just be adults and admit we're stealing in grand mass here. Of course, I'm no saint either and haven't actually bought a movie in ages. In my case, this is mainly because I watch a movie once and then it will take me over a year to watch it again. I realise that's a weak excuse, but whatever... The ones I actually watch more often, I have bought, believe it or not.

I find it funny, though, to see this evolution throughout people. Everyone would agree that stealing bread is wrong, but stealing content is a-okay Stealing a movie from a store would probably be seen wrong in many peoples' eyes as well, while downloading the same one would be okay. Other than the cost off the disc (which is probably almost nothing) it's more or less the same thing, in the end Oh well, change of times
    Last edited by Sazzy; 19.06.11 at 01:35.
    g̺̗͙̺l̜̜i͖̦͇̙t͕̲̜c͇̮͕̺̩͎̰̜h͕̦̘
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    8/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssss39410
    Quote Originally Posted by Sazzy View Post
    Stealing a movie from a store would probably be seen wrong in many peoples' eyes as well, while downloading the same one would be okay. Other than the cost off the disc (which is probably almost nothing) it's more or less the same thing, in the end Oh well, change of times
    But you deprive others from accessing the disc, and the store must restock it, and that shit.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."
    Thanks

Thanks

11. Who Said Thanks:

Snitlev (19.06.11)

VIP
    P2P Client
    legal, illegal, scheißegal
    Activity Longevity
    1/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssss10437
    No, I'll never pay for tracker

regards

Wer versucht zu rennen, bevor er laufen kann, kommt meistens zu Fall

stop animal experiments, take child molesters - they like pain!

Besser man bereut was man getan hat, anstatt zu bereuen das man es unterlassen hat
    Thanks

P2P Client
    mRatio
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss566
    I donated to the tracker for following reasoning

1. For Invite :- FTN GFT MVIDS SCC SCT(RIP)

2. For Inactivity Immunity :- PTP BTN

3. For gigs :- BMTV

4. For Star :- May be never........
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by anon View Post
    But you deprive others from accessing the disc, and the store must restock it, and that shit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Resurrection View Post
    Those are both lovely excuses, but like I said, it's still stealing. Instead of ripping off the local store owner, you're stealing directly from the big companies. True, you're not depriving someone else of buying that disc, but you still have something others pay for and you have not.

"The pirate is not taking the original" is the short-sighted view of what is going on. What really is going on, is that the pirate is not screwing over the local store, but also not paying for something that (s)he might have potentially bought at some point, but now won't because (s)he already has a copy of it.

I'm not trying to be a hypocrite, but let's all just admit what we are doing here, mmmkay? Or does it make you sleep better at night by calling it something else?

That being said, though, I think a lot of the bullshit that is being released recently isn't even worthy of buying
    Last edited by Sazzy; 19.06.11 at 13:44.
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    8/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssss39410
    Quote Originally Posted by DriftKing View Post
    4. For Star :- May be never........
    I got a star somewhere without paying a single dime. Beat that!

Quote Originally Posted by Sazzy View Post
    I'm not trying to be a hypocrite, but let's all just admit what we are doing here, mmmkay?
    What do you think I meant with "that shit"? I know what I'm doing isn't good.

I do agree that most of the stuff these days isn't worth buying, however. Nowadays, 95% of what I download are old movies or albums. If I couldn't pirate, I'd probably be using Grooveshark and hoping one of the movies I want airs on TV.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by anon View Post
    I do agree that most of the stuff these days isn't worth buying, however. Nowadays, 95% of what I download are old movies or albums. If I couldn't pirate, I'd probably be using Grooveshark and hoping one of the movies I want airs on TV.
    +1.

It does comfort my conciousness somewhat knowing for sure I wouldn't be buying most of the stuff I'm downloading at all. Most of the things I download these days are tv-shows because it takes half a year to a full year before they air here. If downloading was not an option, I would probably be watching more tv now and buying the same amount of stuff as I do now. Result: spending the same amount of money either way
    Last edited by Sazzy; 19.06.11 at 19:29.
    Thanks

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast