+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Donate you sometimes money to the trackers?.

P2P Client
    utorrent
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 17/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss13
    I only donated for invites till now or for VIP on some high level trackers.
    Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
    Thanks

I've not donated to any tracker, nor do I intend to do so. By my logic, using trackers to obtain music/software/whatever without paying is the draw. If I donate to keep a tracker alive, wouldn't it be more prudent, and far more legal, to simply purchase the things I wish to have?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kool-Aid Man View Post
    I've not donated to any tracker, nor do I intend to do so. By my logic, using trackers to obtain music/software/whatever without paying is the draw. If I donate to keep a tracker alive, wouldn't it be more prudent, and far more legal, to simply purchase the things I wish to have?
    Paying 5 dollars to a tracker to help keep it up is hardly the same as buying everything you get on said tracker legally. The amount that people generally donate is often smaller than the amount one item would cost. I'm sure if you were maintaining a tracker, you'd like some help too
    g̺̗͙̺l̜̜i͖̦͇̙t͕̲̜c͇̮͕̺̩͎̰̜h͕̦̘
    Thanks

4. Who Said Thanks:

Vuze-Sbi (02.09.10) , caballero (30.08.10) , Instab (30.08.10)

Quote Originally Posted by Sazzy View Post
    Paying 5 dollars to a tracker to help keep it up is hardly the same as buying everything you get on said tracker legally. The amount that people generally donate is often smaller than the amount one item would cost. I'm sure if you were maintaining a tracker, you'd like some help too
    Paying 5 dollars to a tracker would leave a paper trail that directly links me to a den of iniquity. This, one might say, is a bad thing. Running a tracker is entirely different, and I've no interest in doing so. If I would, however, I'd potentially allow donations, but I'd never grovel for them. It's pathetic. If you can't fund your own endeavours, perhaps you should not make the attempt.

Furthermore, how do you know whether or not $5 would cover the cost of what I download? You have no knowledge of my habits or interests. Perhaps I download an album that could be purchased at a thrift store for a mere pittance. What then? It's not as if I'm downloading insanely overpriced software that I couldn't ever possibly find a need nor use for, you should know.
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    5/20 17/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss6661
    Furthermore, how do you know whether or not $5 would cover the cost of what I download?
    in most cases it dös
    Your account has been disabled.
    Thanks

P2P Client
    rTorrent
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 16/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssssss2
    I make sure to donate $20 to each tracker every month that I feel deserves it: What.CD, PTP, TC, BTN and CE (where I cheat the most hehehe). That's 100 bucks every month. Call me an idiot but money is money: you can get it anywhere and its not like its breaking the bank.
    Thanks

8. Who Said Thanks:

Vuze-Sbi (02.09.10)

Activity Longevity
    7/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    5/5 ssss39435
    Quote Originally Posted by TSOL View Post
    I make sure to donate $20 to each tracker every month that I feel deserves it: What.CD, PTP, TC, BTN and CE (where I cheat the most hehehe).
    CoExist? Do you really cheat on a ratio-free tracker?

Call me an idiot
    Why would I do that? It's very nice from you to financially support the trackers you like.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."
    Thanks

P2P Client
    Userenity + Vuze
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 16/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss158
    never ! because I can't bay anything from the net (haven't any bank account)
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Instab View Post
    in most cases it does
    At least where music is concerned, most of it isn't worth five bucks. That's one reason I stopped purchasing CDs. I got really tired of paying $15+ dollars for a CD with only one or two good songs.
    Thanks

At least where music is concerned, most of it isn't worth five bucks. That's one reason I stopped purchasing CDs. I got really tired of paying $15+ dollars for a CD with only one or two good songs.
    So, if bread starts tasting a bit worse than it does today, it's okay to steal that too? Could have just bought those two songs on iTunes store or some other service if that's your argument
    Last edited by Sazzy; 31.08.10 at 11:48.
    g̺̗͙̺l̜̜i͖̦͇̙t͕̲̜c͇̮͕̺̩͎̰̜h͕̦̘
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    0/20 17/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss333
    Just donated to TehConnection,i think everyone of us should donate sometimes it's not that much amount.Especially we Cheaters :) Tracker deserve that much,They're not gonna getting rich by your 5-10 euros come'on,host costs,servers etc.They deserve it no need to argue about it.

I live in one of that devoloping countries ,impossible to buy any original game or blu-ray disc,they served them to me for free in last 6 years,now it's my turn as a cheater this is the best support i can do.

Especially,

PTP and Waffles are currently need your support,they have paypal issue right now.
    Last edited by Vuze-Sbi; 02.09.10 at 02:17.
    Thanks

P2P Client
    Utorrent
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssssss2
    i agree with vuze, i would definetely donate every once in a while to support, but i cant. banks are a pain in the ass over here.
    Thanks

P2P Client
    utorrent 2.0.4
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 16/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss31
    if i will donate to some website i think it's TD and BG and maybe IPT noway i will donate to BCG or TL
    all about respect I didn't love the staff at BCG or TL
    Thanks

BCG Staff
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 16/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss88
    pretty sure we didnt love you either

PS: I dont have a clue who the hell you are/were on BCG btw.
    Thanks

Advanced User
    P2P Client
    Azureus™
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss847
    IIRC, the BCG Staff is really nice, at least the owner.
    Thanks

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast