Thread: Whole country partially banned?

P2P Client
    Latest SBI Leecher
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss12

Whole country partially banned?

Hi, I'm having some trouble with mulie here in Israel and I would like your take on it.

I have been using various emule leecher mods for couple of years now, I think I started with Katamine and ended up using K.O.T Light mod which was GREAT but about 2 weeks ago I noticed that I can't connect to any servers except UseNext one. So I started looking at my network setup and I bypassed my router and still nothing so I started snooping around Israeli ed2k forums (I got to tell you, most of the kids on those forums are stupid and have no idea what they are doing) and I found out that A LOT of people have the same problem with being unable to connect to servers (except UseNext).
    My next step was to try vanilla Emule and still, no go. Yesterday I had a little break and the entire morning the servers ware working again but in the afternoon it was back to the UseNext only.

Also I would like to mention that I tried various setups, with Obfuscation and without, forced and unforced - safe connect etc. I think I tried every combination out there, I changed my external IP a million times and the ports as well.

My best guess is that something is blocking "us", either the servers or the ISP (also, people from different ISP's are getting blocked) and I would like your opinion on this please and if there is anything I can do to combat this.

Thanks for the help, I'm glad there are finally some people I can get help from as I was very lonely since my last emule forum closed.

P.S 1
    uTorrent seems to be working but I need to verify this.

P.S 2
    I just installed the new SBI Leecher 1.9 and I'm connected to SharingKingdom 2 which was dead to me the past 2 weeks! I'll update as the situation changes.

Update 1
    As of now only SharingKingdom 2 (84.108.126.208) and UseNext (87.230.83.44) are working for me, its better then just one server though :)
    Last edited by Flip-Mode; 31.03.09 at 12:15.
    Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    7/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssss39430
    Yes, most likely servers are blocking your country/ISP/IP. A lot of them don't like Israel because the TLN Booster, an Applejuice rip-off leecher mod, comes from there. Either that or your IP filter is blocking them - have you tried turning it off?

Although the "little break" when you were able to connect to all servers you mention looks like your ISP unblocking them for you to me, much like mine sometimes doesn't shape P2P at midnight.

Either way, I think your best bet would be to buy a private proxy or VPN service, if possible. Or only connect to Kad...
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."
    Thanks

P2P Client
    Latest SBI Leecher
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss12
    Well, I can still connect to UseNext and some other servers from time to time and Kad is working most of the time so I guess thats the way its going to stay for now. I'm using the mulie to leech so I can't really complain
    Thanks for the help.
    Thanks

P2P Client
    SB Invention !!
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss2899
    Did you try to use a paid VPN or VIP proxies valid for 2 hours that would be very useful in hacking a military computers ?
    Thanks

+ Reply to Thread