eMule 0.49c SBI Leecher v2.11

Printable View

Show 40 post(s) from this thread on one page
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
  • 09.02.10, 21:46
    Vation
    Connections and KAD issue from 2.01 seems to be fixed!
  • 10.02.10, 05:30
    xixifrank
    :frown:

Kaspersky

2010/2/10 12:26:04

HEUR:Trojan.Win32.Generic

C:\Users\well\Desktop\eMule 0.49c SBI Leecher v2.11\emule.exe
  • 10.02.10, 05:43
    cheatos
    Quote:

Originally Posted by xixifrank View Post
    :frown:

Kaspersky

2010/2/10 12:26:04

HEUR:Trojan.Win32.Generic

C:\Users\well\Desktop\eMule 0.49c SBI Leecher v2.11\emule.exe

kaspersky sucks hard,
    my avira didn't detect anything,

besides this is a false positive
  • 10.02.10, 06:39
    saebrtooth
    @franki, If you scan the open source official you'll get the same. Its the packers the coders use because they are the same or similar to the ones virus makers use. But of couse SBI emule is no virus.
  • 10.02.10, 10:54
    yoco
    I was begining to wonder if we're gonna see a new version! :wink:
  • 10.02.10, 11:17
    Butcho
    @yoco
    v2.2 for the member section is also nearly ready.
    But i will wait some days, if there are bug reports...

@xixifrank

which version you have installed of kaspersky?

Quote:

Kaspersky 7.0.0.125 2010.02.10 -
    VirusTotal 10.2.2010
  • 10.02.10, 11:29
    Renk
    There is again the @*$* bug I spoke on an other thread; When no "sharing incoming", "no sharing Temp", and "sent incomplete status" are set, it is impossible for me to send to my upload windows some of my friends that are waiting in my queue.

But, I observed this phenomenon arrives especially when I thick "don't send complete file status"

So the bug seems originate in some side effects of the option "don't send complete file status".

Maybe it could help !
  • 10.02.10, 11:59
    Butcho
    I've tested it yesterday and it works for me if i restart emule after i had add a custom shared folder and after i had activated the no share options.
    Or where is your shared file placed? Not in the temp and incoming directory or?
  • 10.02.10, 12:07
    Renk
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Butcho View Post
    I've tested it yesterday and it works for me if i restart emule after i had add a custom shared folder.
    Or where is your shared file placed? Not in the temp and incoming directory or?

Temp and Incoming are in same the external HD where emule.exe already is (but these files are not in the emule 0.49c SBI 2.1 directory). Concerning my custom Shared Directory, it is on an other external HD
  • 10.02.10, 12:13
    saebrtooth
    Renk why dont you send in the "preferences.ini" file for Butcho. If it works for him and not you, maybe you forgot to tell him about some custom, non default setting you made.
  • 10.02.10, 12:40
    Butcho
    I will test it again.
    Did you use the upload only for friends per file or the other option in sbi security?
    If you use the one in sbi security, your upload rules per files are on public or?
  • 10.02.10, 12:54
    Renk
    Quote:

I will test it again.
    Did you use the upload only for friends per file or the other option in sbi security?
    If you use the one in sbi security, your upload rules per files are on public or?

In SBI Security, I only thicked "don't share incoming" + "don't share downloads" + "don't send complete file status". All the other are unthicked.

And in my custom shared directory, most of the files are "public". I have set "release" those for witch I have select "upload only to friend".

But it will surely be better I send you my Preferences.ini file.
  • 10.02.10, 15:01
    xixifrank
    @Butcho:

Kaspersky 9.0.0.736(a)

I have installed Win7,only KIS 9 can support the new OS. Older version don't work.
  • 10.02.10, 17:26
    anon
    It really doesn't matter, because as said in the description:
    Quote:

In all versions are no viruses or trojans! Some virus scanners hit alarm because we use a packer who is also often used for viruses or trojans. All versions are free to 100% of viruses and Trojans, with it we guarantee with our name SB-Innovation!
    But I guess that as long as we keep on using packers to protect the mods there'll be "my antivirus cried" posts.
  • 11.02.10, 09:04
    Kosmonavt
    Bug found. This version of Emule detects servers as
    [Bad MODSTRING](reduce score)- Client ***.**.***.*** 'eserver' (eMule,None/None/None)
  • 11.02.10, 09:57
    00houldu
    i have an older download and it says Status: Waiting ... Sources: 10/11

:) started
  • 11.02.10, 10:40
    saebrtooth
    post#17

If ur getting an error with an older version of this mod then dont you think its time to upgrade to the latest avaliable to you emule SBI v2.11? Maybe the problem has been fixed already?
  • 11.02.10, 22:39
    Butcho
    I guess he talking about an old temp file and not about an old emule version... :wink:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kosmonavt
    Bug found. This version of Emule detects servers as
    [Bad MODSTRING](reduce score)- Client ***.**.***.*** 'eserver' (eMule,None/None/None)

Can you please send me the complete log via pm?
    I don't think that it is a real bug, your emule reduce the score of a other client and not of the server...
  • 12.02.10, 01:11
    Karlston
    ipfilter.dat is an HTML file.

I added an html extension and opened it with Firefox and it shows a Sourceforge emule Pawcio mod page.

Thought you may like to know. :wink:
  • 12.02.10, 01:45
    Butcho
    You're right i have copied the file out of my beta config folder. :confused2:
    But the real ipfilter should be the file with the extension .tmp.
    If you use the emule ipfilter update function you get the correct one...
  • 12.02.10, 01:58
    saebrtooth
    Quote:

So Butcho what you are saying your mod doesnt use the "ipfilter.dat" file. But uses "ipfilter.dat.tmp".

So if we use an external program such as Block List Manager and not the built in ip filter list in your mod, we have to name the file "ipfilter.dat.tmp"?

Why the change? But I remember many earlier version ago (before I came to SBI forums), whenever I updated the "ipfilter.dat" with the built-in updator in your mod, emule hung. I that the reason?

Thanks
  • 12.02.10, 02:05
    Vation
    Quote:

Originally Posted by saebrtooth View Post
    So Butcho what you are saying your mod doesnt use the "ipfilter.dat" file. But uses "ipfilter.dat.tmp"
    Thanks

Embedded Ipfilter.dat is HTML file with just.dat extension, rest should be fine.
    So another ipfilter.dat file you will place at config folder or newly downloaded(via update) would work properly.
  • 12.02.10, 02:29
    saebrtooth
    Thank Vation :wink:

My question was rather, does Butcho's emule mod's filter function point to the file "ipfilter.dat.tmp" and not "ipfilter.dat" as is the default in the official. From his post I assume it is but I just wanted clarificaion.
  • 12.02.10, 02:33
    Vation
    Quote:

Thank Vation :wink:

My question was rather, does Butcho's emule mod's filter function point to the file "ipfilter.dat.tmp" and not "ipfilter.dat" as is the default in the official. From his post I assume it is but I just wanted clarificaion.

Deleted ipfilter.dat.tmp, and replaced that old ipfilter.dat with proper.

Clicked Reload in service tab of settings. At the left bottom of the screen XXXXXXXXX Ip Filters Loaded appeared - so that is the answer.(XXXXXXXXX for the number)
  • 12.02.10, 02:43
    Karlston
    Quote:

You're right i have copied the file out of my beta config folder. :confused2:

Actually it's a bit messier than that...

The ipfilter.dat.tmp is actually a zip file containing the real ipfilter.dat.

How did you manage that one? :smile:

EDIT: Hmm... perhaps the zip format is OK. I only mentioned it because my current, manually downloaded, ipfilter.dat is plain text (XML?) and not a zip archive.
  • 12.02.10, 03:08
    Vation
    @Karlston
    Quote:

Actually it's a bit messier than that...
    If you update the filter from any site like:
    hXXp://emulepawcio.sourceforge.net/nieuwe_site/Ipfilter_fakes/ipfilter.zip
    file while being downloaded is named ipfilter.dat.tmp(and it is .zip archive), when the process of downloading is finished. ipfilter.dat.tmp is extracted and its content(ipfilter.dat) overwrites/replaces previous ipfilter.dat.

It is usually recommended to update ipfilter.dat after installation
    Options/SBI Updates/IP Filter Updates press UPDATE button.

OR if you are more advaced user dwownload from bluetac.co.uk:
    http://blocklistpro.com/download-center/ip-filters/
    nipfilter.dat.gz for regular protection
    pipfilter.dat.gz for maximum protection - this list is paranoid so can make some sources blocked.

Ipfilter.dat(called .dat or DONK, donkey ip ranges blacklist) is juts format for ipranges, filtering level and names

Example:
    000.000.000.001 - 000.000.005.255 , 112 , BadBigBrother
    Means:
    IPv4 range start - IPv4 range end , filter level , IP range name

IN eMule Options/Security you have Filter level <127. If you would change Filter level to 111 this ip range would not be blocked, if Filter levelis set to 113 or more the range is blocked. Setting Filter level to 0 will disable filtering. (Filter level <127 allows ranges with filter over 127 and blocks every any below 127)

Usually filter level in IPfilter.dat file is set to 000 or 100 for block, may be some higher values if someone is not sure if to block some ranges.

IPfilter.dat gives many possibilities that are usually not used (Filtering levels), it can contain ip ranges with different filtering level values to be blocked or not if ser will wish. S

If you find my example not clear it is here too:
    http://wiki.phoenixlabs.org/wiki/DAT_Format
  • 12.02.10, 03:13
    saebrtooth
    @Vation
    I have confirmed that "ipfilter.dat" is the file being used for ip filtering by emule SBI and not "ipfilter.dat.tmp". So I have been properly filtering with the Blocklist manager, phew, relief. Butcho must have put it there so we have some protection straight away without extra download.

@Karlston
    "ipfilter.dat.tmp" is the compressed zip file downloaded by the auto ip filter updator. emule SBI is supposed to auto unzip into "ipfilter.dat"after download and reload the "ipfilter.dat". So the "ipfilter.dat.tmp" is like a temp file, a normal process but left there maybe as a backup.

Many versions back when Butcho first released this feature it always crashed emule so I never used it even till now. But I havent tested if it works yet as i have since always relied on the more customiseable ip filters from bluetak.co
  • 12.02.10, 07:08
    Karlston
    Thanks guys... I wasn't aware of eMule's auto unzipping.

For ever, I've been manually updating it, downloading and doing the unzipping myself. It's not exactly obvious that a file with a .tmp extension is a zip archive. :-)

Thanks for setting me straight.
  • 12.02.10, 07:41
    saebrtooth
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Karlston View Post
    Thanks guys... I wasn't aware of eMule's auto unzipping.

For ever, I've been manually updating it, downloading and doing the unzipping myself. It's not exactly obvious that a file with a .tmp extension is a zip archive. :-)

Thanks for setting me straight.

Hey dude, sory when I said "should" I meant it as a suggestion (sory my bad lol)
    I just tested it out and indeed you need to unzip the contents yourself.
  • 12.02.10, 10:32
    daredevil_666
    Hi guys!

First I want to congratulate Butcho for this great mod. Superb Job!
    Also, thank you guys for making this a great Forum.

Since the "slot focus" bug was fixed I'm now running this mod and not anymore the Flux. Much grateful. Farewell Flux and welcome SBI.

Now to some questions:

- When I want to update my ipfilter through the SBI update it says:

"Downloaded IP filter file "C:\Users\XXX\AppData\Local\eMule\config\ipfilter. dat.tmp" is a ZIP file with unexpected content."

I have to change, in the SBI update, the URL .zip termination to .dat, then it works perfectly.

Why is this so? I'm doing something wrong?

- In the transfer window when I expand a download, the country flags of all users are over that "mini pc" icon. Is this wanted?

- As I'm more into security than speed, can someone post the securest configuration?

Thank you and keep up the good work Butcho.

Greetz
  • 12.02.10, 11:37
    saebrtooth
    Quote:

Originally Posted by daredevil_666 View Post
    - When I want to update my ipfilter through the SBI update it says:

"Downloaded IP filter file "C:\Users\XXX\AppData\Local\eMule\config\ipfilter. dat.tmp" is a ZIP file with unexpected content."

I have to change, in the SBI update, the URL .zip termination to .dat, then it works perfectly.

Why is this so? I'm doing something wrong?

What size is the "ifilter.dat" file that you downloaded. Its a zilp file about 4mb but when expanded it should be almost 19mb.
    Roughly 8 lines down in the LOG tab it should report "x IP filters loaded". If you dont find this line then ur not ip filtering.

Quote:

- In the transfer window when I expand a download, the country flags of all users are over that "mini pc" icon. Is this wanted?

If the icons are bothering you or your computer is slow then you can remove countryflag.dll, countryflag32.dll from the config dir.

Quote:

- As I'm more into security than speed, can someone post the securest configuration?

Butcho has made it really easy to config the security.

In SBI Security minimum requirements would be to not share any folders and files (2nd group down). Moderate would be as before but add "no upload". Max would be to select everything.

However moderate and maximum might prove to slow a download for some people's needs. Even min settings will have a some impact on dl speed.

ciao
  • 12.02.10, 12:27
    daredevil_666
    1 Attachment(s)
    Thx for the answers.

Quote:

What size is the "ifilter.dat" file that you downloaded. Its a zilp file about 4mb but when expanded it should be almost 19mb.
    Roughly 8 lines down in the LOG tab it should report "x IP filters loaded". If you dont find this line then ur not ip filtering.
    It's almost 19Mb. As I said the URL is the same, I only changed the .zip termination of the URL to .dat and then it works fine (log says: xxxxxx IP filters loaded).
    I just wanted to know why it seems not to work for me. Updating ip-to-country.csv.zip and fakes.zip works perfectly.

Quote:

If the icons are bothering you or your computer is slow then you can remove countryflag.dll, countryflag32.dll from the config dir.
    It’s not bothering me, and my PC isn't slow on the contrary! :). I just wanted to know if this is wanted. The country flags are OVER the icons when you expand a download in the transfer window. It seems to me like a graphical bug.

Quote:

However moderate and maximum might prove to slow a download for some people's needs. Even min settings will have a some impact on dl speed.
    As I said, I don't care about speed I just want to know the securest configuration possible.

I'm now using:
    Attachment 2641

I think the securest configuration is to also select "auto generate new rsa key"

I'm right?

Greetz
  • 12.02.10, 13:34
    Vation
    As far as i know RSA key is about secure identification, communication and storing Credits. Changing it may decrease chance of being banned(due to leeching) and and may slightly slower download.
    In terms of successful full blown leeching(as you do when i look at the options set) files enabling "auto generate new rsa key" might be right choice to prevent anti-leech user ban(in this situation i recommend it).

To help you understand these options and some file issues that were ment earlier in the thread:

eMule -Project official files info:
    http://www.emule-project.net/home/pe...c&topic_id=106

anon's guide to eMule files written ages ago:
    There http://www.sb-innovation.de/showthre...?threadid=7284

More on secure identification:

http://emule-project.net/home/perl/h...&rm=show_topic

More about security settings in eMule:
    http://www.emule-project.net/home/pe...&rm=show_topic
  • 12.02.10, 14:03
    saebrtooth
    @daredevil_666
    the rsa key show you as a new user to other emulers

in the top post
    Quote:

This allows you to change your eMule identification. As a result you lose all your credits.
    Therefore this option is only recommended if you have No Share or No Upload enabled.
    By changing your RSA Keys you are better protected against "eMule Network Scans" or the one or the other "Static Banlist".
    But companies associate your files with your ip not your credits. So the minimum way to protect urself is by using ip filters. But even that is no sure way.
  • 12.02.10, 14:41
    Butcho
    Quote:

But companies associate your files with your ip not your credits. So the minimum way to protect urself is by using ip filters. But even that is no sure way.

I guess they watch both, because the most users have a new ip after 24 hours and it's easier for them to check their credit file...
  • 12.02.10, 16:00
    Renk
    Quote:

Hi guys!

Thank you and keep up the good work Butcho.

Greetz

The securest configuration (after not using internet at all) is in my opinion:

1) Connection to the Internet

Use a double vpn (Openvpn over a PPTP)

2) eMule SBI 2.11:

In Connection
    * Unthick ed2k network

In Security:
    * See my Shared files: Nobody
    * allow obfuscated connections only
    * use secure identification
    * Run emule as unprivileged user

In SBI Security:
    * No share all files (don't send to kad + no queue + no upload + set default queue rule to hide + set default upload rule to hide, a little redundant, but it's in order to be entirely sure)
    * Autogenerate new RSA Key

In SBI Mod

* Fake rank
    * emulate others clients
    * emulate community nick
    * disable XS send

In SBI Protection

* All feature thicked (with "ban" rather than "reduce score")

In SBI Time

* Client ban time: 24h
    * RSA Key Reset: 1h

In IpFilter
    * Filter all IPs in the world except those of people you consider as friends.

For added security, you can use an encrypted partition, and/or run the VPNs and eMule SBI inside a VM.

But he best would be that Butcho or some other elite SBI coders make an iMule (eMule on I2P) or a FreeMule (emule on Freenet) version of SBI 2.11.

A small decrease in the number of sources and in download speed has to be expected, however.
  • 12.02.10, 16:03
    daredevil_666
    Smarty pants...

I know nothing is secure. I just want to know what I can do in the SBI mod settings to archive its maximum security. I already did that by myself, I only want to know if I'm right and/or spread my knowledge about the mods features.

Do you treat all new people here like this? I'm new here but no newbie in Software/Hardware. I just want some simple answers and no smarty pants answers.

This again proves there are no stupid questions only answers.

Greetz
  • 12.02.10, 16:42
    Vation
    @ daredevil_666 just simple way yes use auto generate new rsa key(note it is by default 2 hours time, eventually you can alter it in Options/SBI Time)

About security levels if anyone was willing to dig deeper - text about Filter levels extracted from the beginning of emulepawcio.sourceforge.net/nieuwe_site/Ipfilter_fakes/ipfilter

Code:

#Ipfilter v140 (19-12-2009) by R3Qu13M
    #>> [based on Meuh6879's ipfilter format]
    #
    #>> Updated all lists (18-12-2009)
    #
    #>> Parsed lines/entries:269088  Found IP ranges:269088  Duplicate:0  Merged:0
    #
    # FILTERED LEVEL              DESCRIPTION                                        DENY IP COUNT
    #>    060            Unallocated Address Space on IPv4        1.345.751.872  (out of 4.294.967.296 IP's or 31,33323%)
    #>    070            Bogus AS Advertisements                        970.016  (out of 4.294.967.296 IP's or 00,02258%)
    #>    080            Possible Bogus Routes                      336.888.836  (out of 4.294.967.296 IP's or 07,84380%)
    #>    090            Level1                                    774.680.400  (out of 4.294.967.296 IP's or 18,03693%)
    #>    095            Fake Server                                  1.237.564  (out of 4.294.967.296 IP's or 00,02881%)
    #>    097            Microsoft                                    1.101.427  (out of 4.294.967.296 IP's or 00,02564%)
    #>    107            Tor, proxy list                                  2.230  (out of 4.294.967.296 IP's or 00,00005%)
    #>    109            Level2                                    319.977.414  (out of 4.294.967.296 IP's or 07,45005%)
    #>    111            Spyware                                        272.237  (out of 4.294.967.296 IP's or 00,00634%)
    #>    113            Ad Trackers                                    468.211  (out of 4.294.967.296 IP's or 00,01090%)
    #>    115            Spider                                      1.064.962  (out of 4.294.967.296 IP's or 00,02480%)
    #>    119            TempList                                      152.559  (out of 4.294.967.296 IP's or 00,00355%)
    #>    160            Lan range                                  302.055.193  (out of 4.294.967.296 IP's or 07,03277%)
    #
    # Total IP Count = 2.456.490.595  (out of 4.294.967.296 IP's or 57,19463%)
    #
    #
    #>> Builded to be used with eMule & a private ISP. Fight the Future.
    #
    #> Last ipfilter releases [thx Da GuRu]
    # File: IPFilter for eMule - [Hostex.de]
    #

• 12.02.10, 17:12
    Renk
    Quote:

Smarty pants...

I know nothing is secure. I just want to know what I can do in the SBI mod settings to archive its maximum security. I already did that by myself, I only want to know if I'm right and/or spread my knowledge about the mods features.

Do you treat all new people here like this? I'm new here but no newbie in Software/Hardware. I just want some simple answers and no smarty pants answers.

This again proves there are no stupid questions only answers.

Greetz

My answer as only humorous because of its exaggeration, and not intend to shock you in any way.

Moreover, some of its elements have to be seriously considered in a security point of view, e.g. using Kad only, with "no share all file" + "auto generate RSA Key". Anyway changing RSA key is good with extreme leecher feature as "no share all files". And VPN usage is a good thing too, in my opinion.

In the settings you showed, I think that "don't send to server" + "don't publish to kad" + "don't send complete status" is redundant with your other setting "no share all files".

Personally, I use "don't share incoming" + "don't share your donwnloads" + "dont' send complete file status", with only good ed2k servers. Speed is good.
  • Show 40 post(s) from this thread on one page
    Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast