yoco (02.06.11)

Advanced User
    P2P Client
    Azureus
    Activity Longevity
    6/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss7977
    That was one awesome trailer! Music was freakin great!
    Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
    Thanks

P2P Client
    vuze
    Activity Longevity
    3/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss326
    a beta is out in some torrents but i dont recomend it to u now, the game suppose to come out in august so its still ong time
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss205
    It's not a beta, it's the pre-release they send out to journalists. It's just the first few hours of gameplay. This isn't to say it's bug-free, but even when it's released it won't be bug-free. No title is. You just have to remain objective and wary of what you may see in the pre-release.

That said... originally I was quite excited about this title, but I feel underwhelmed after playing it. With GTA as being a prime example in particular... we are in the era of huge, immersive environments. Deus Ex made it's name early in the video game industry by having large environments, so internally I've been expecting a massive huge world to explore and play in that is on-par with what's out their today. But this simply wasn't the case. The maps are not square or rectangular with multiple ways to get everywhere. While they do have more of a z-axis (up/down) than most game maps have, their layout is scattershot... with random paths leading off to other areas. The navigation system shows you which way you need to go, but it can be difficult to find the specific off-shoot you need. In other words... they gave us a decent z-axis, but with no way to exploit that unique map qualities as a player.

The introduction was short and left many gaps in the story if you hadn't played the original two in the series. Gameplay felt linear. But what bugged me most is that it feels like it's a console port from the get-go. Things are easy to do with relatively few mouse clicks, but with little payout. Dialogue options are minimal and don't have a huge impact on what happens to the story. The skill tree "upgrade" options to your character are minimal. The weapons system is simplistic. The in-game texts you can find which are meant to enrich the world and environment play out flat and uninspired... not to mention few and far between. I expected depth. I wanted to get sucked in to the world. I wanted to hack my way in to a random persons apartment and read their personal emails and find a way to blackmail them. But in the end, it just felt like a Mass Effect clone. And a poor one at that.

But who knows. Maybe this whole pre-release leak was intentional and meant to troll pirates. Or maybe things significantly change later in the game and with different maps. Or maybe I'm just getting out of touch with what people find inspiring in games these days. Either way, I'm not holding my breath on this one.
    Last edited by Nobody; 03.06.11 at 00:25.
    Thanks

Advanced User
    P2P Client
    Azureus
    Activity Longevity
    6/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss7977
    Thanks

P2P Client
    rutorrent 0.9.2/0.13.2
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss37

Just Finished playing it

Truly amazing game. The game is evolving the new downloadable content is being released, so there is a lot of replay value not only for this reason but because of the nature of this series. It has FPS, Role play, Stealth to start with, the grpahics are stunning and the cut scenes are great.
    Thanks

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12