+ Reply to Thread

Thread: TV tuner card

Activity Longevity
    8/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssss39410

TV tuner card

This little gadget turned the computer into TV, VCR and FM radio, all in one. Sadly we had to let it go around 2003, because only Windows 9x drivers were available.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."
    Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
    Thanks

P2P Client
    WOW That's Private :P
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 17/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss965
    I would recommend either Twinhan [aka AzureWave or VisionPlus] or Technisat Skystar.
    Their older versions supported Radio and video capturing don't know if the new ones share the same features or not but anyhow the main feature was using it with a satellite to acquire random data downloaded from satellite internet providers all over the globe.
    Thanks

I remember DVBViewer , it was a great experience especially when sharing cards was available :)
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    8/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssss39410
    All laptops given to high school students have from 2013 onwards in my country have a DVB-T card. There are only some 15 channels, but you can watch them all for free. I removed my card to decrease power consumption, since I never used it, but many people have canceled their cable TV because this has all they want, and that's great.

Conversely, I remember when computer monitors cost as much as the computer itself, so people tried all sorts of things to connect and use their TV instead.
    Thanks

Conversely, I remember when computer monitors cost as much as the computer itself, so people tried all sorts of things to connect and use their TV instead.
    Yeah, Hard times back then
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    8/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssss39410
    Now I tried selling working CRT monitors for as little as $5 each, but no one wanted them! Madness.
    Thanks

In the years of my youth, I gathered computer components. Good components and in working condition. Some of the I bought, others gathered from companies which needed to get rid of them. In 2012 I needed to clear my closet, to make room for other things --seemingly important. I posted on a local forum that I want to give the compoents for free, made a list with pictures and everything. I posted there because there a group of people, donors that built system with the received components and would send them throught the country, in poor homes, shelters, etc.
    I had no more no less than 3 bags filled with keyboards, mice, video cards, motherboards, cpus, coolers, power cables, PSUs. I gave them all to them. I know they did what they were supposed to, send to the poor. However, since then, they refused everything from me. For 4 straight years I tried contacting them, PM'ing them, calling them --no reply. I would've given them much more but they probably though that due to the large ammount of computer parts given, i would also have decising vote in their operations.
    I tried giving them elsewhere but nobody would take them. Some people just want the best of both worlds: free and best.
    I threw them out too, unfortunatelly.
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    8/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssss39410
    What's done is done, but did you think about continuing the giveaways at a slower pace on a dupe account at the time?
    Thanks

At that time, no. Now, I would certanly do that.
    It's just so strage you know? Nowadays you have to beg people to take free tuff.
    Thanks

+ Reply to Thread