+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hard drive turned raw.. file system got corrupted.. urgent help

Activity Longevity
    7/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssss39430
    Quote Originally Posted by Master Razor View Post
    Off topic: what is it with you guys and external drives? They seem to fail for no reason...
    Good question. My other external drive stopped working last week. Was watching a movie and it stops... then Windows says "USB device not recognized". Now it won't run at all. Hopefully it's just the case, but I don't have money to buy a new one.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."
    Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by anon View Post
    Good question. My other external drive stopped working last week. Was watching a movie and it stops... then Windows says "USB device not recognized". Now it won't run at all. Hopefully it's just the case, but I don't have money to buy a new one.
    I got one of those myself. I still cannot think of way to recover the data because windows is not even recognizing it.
    And not just windows. Linux too. I tried on several other computers and nothing. Not even the bios recognizes it.

When I'm done with hellman and his problems I'm gonna teach you guys how to backup the partition table for external drives. Very important to know and saves you from a lot of headaches in the future.

Why do you buy external drives? Why not a really big SATA drive with 2 tb? They are much more stable than external drives.
    Last edited by Master Razor; 09.07.12 at 22:20.
    Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
    Thanks

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12