µT
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss435

Fake Trackers

pretty interesting is a list of trackers which could be found at:

http://fenopy.com/fakefinder/fake.php?cmd=tracker

This is a list of trackers that are actually fake and set up by MPAA/RIAA.
    As it is based on the data users send, even real & trusted trackers can appear on the list such as demonoid and revtt.
    This happens because for someone who's downloading a file and can't connect to a certain private tracker (not having an account there) will get a connection error (invalid passkey) and therefore think the tracker is a fake one, as for him it'd behave as such.

greetz
    Last edited by vDD+wR; 17.10.08 at 21:25.
    Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
    Thanks

2. Who Said Thanks:

anonftw (04.06.09) , Aurion (17.10.08) , fromas (16.10.08) , anon (16.10.08)

P2P Client
    SB Invention !!
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss2899
    damn those MPAA & RIAA won't leave us in piece,just want to piss us off by any means possible anyway,it's good to know now about such a list to avoid any near future troubles,good job buddy
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    7/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    5/5 ssss39435
    Quote Originally Posted by Aurion View Post
    damn those MPAA & RIAA won't leave us in piece
    They won't... -_-
    When I have to download something from public trackers, I add the torrent as stopped to check the tracker list first. You can never know...
    ...not to mention the torrent could be bundled with trojans and general malware, another thing you have to take care about.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."
    Thanks

Retired Seal
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss2079
    AHUh!!!!

see!!

I finally caught you guys.
    "God, from the mount Sinai
    whose grey top shall tremble,
    He descending, will Himself,
    in thunder, lightning, and loud trumpet’s sound,
    ordain them laws".

John Milton (1608-1674) in Paradise Lost

Ripley's SealLion's Believe it or Not! ~ NASCAR car crashes and Windows have just one thing in common.
    Oh, oh. Better use LINUX.
    Thanks

P2P Client
    SB Invention !!
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss2899
    Quote Originally Posted by anon View Post
    They won't... -_-
    When I have to download something from public trackers, I add the torrent as stopped to check the tracker list first. You can never know...
    That's tru especially files taken off from Demoniod,since most of them already contains partial seeds from TPB,Mini-Nova,Isohunt ...etc enlisted in the swarm list...

...not to mention the torrent could be bundled with trojans and general malware, another thing you have to take care about.
    that's another glitch you should worry about,for that GOD bless private trackers
    Thanks

Retired Seal
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss2079
    I don't understand something: There are listed the announce URL's for TPB along with other torrent sites.

I think that those announce URLs are genuine, not something that is made up by the RIAA.

I'd be curious to know if those are genuine URL's or not b/c TPB is 'thepiratebay.org'...the same as what is listed in one or 2 of those listed in that list there.
    ordain them laws".

Ripley's SealLion's Believe it or Not! ~ NASCAR car crashes and Windows have just one thing in common.
    Thanks

P2P Client
    SB Invention !!
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss2899
    I'd be curious to know if those are genuine URL's or not b/c TPB is 'thepiratebay.org'...the same as what is listed in one or 2 of those listed in that list there.
    And that is the idea of such a lousey new project developed by them,just to fufill their greedy dream of catching & keep picking up bad users in order to press charges on them in courts just to gain more credits defending their what so called "Illegal Piracy"
    Thanks

jolas
    lots off real trackers in the list.. i see this needs more work.

corsair00
    In the list also appear http://tv.tracker.prq.to:80/announce
    PRQ is the agency who hosted thepiratebay, I don't think this is a fake tracker

P2P Client
    SB Invention !!
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss2899
    Well,maybe this is just an encrypted URL to another website man,just don't be fooled by the link,since up on clicking problem happens....Also you can be sure wither those links are still valid or not...they are a camouflage just to hide some Spy wares/Targeted Trojans to dig it's way into your machine....Just be careful using those links,they are intentionally posted to warn BT users from such links...
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    7/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    5/5 ssss39435
    Guys, vDD+wR made that clear...

As it is based on the data users send, even real & trusted trackers can appear on the list such as demonoid and revtt.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."
    Thanks

13. Who Said Thanks:

vDD+wR (17.10.08)

Retired Seal
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss2079
    I'd like to ask something here about the aforementioned list and the Hosts file.

could one use the links, at least the ones that are targeted by the RIAA and the MPAA to potential persons mistakenly using a link that could be listed there, and have those links added to one's Hosts file??

Would this effort even be worth it, to begin with??

Is it even necessary for oneself to be concerned about having such links added to the Hosts file??
    ordain them laws".

Thanks

P2P Client
    SB Invention !!
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss2899
    Well,first of all,clicking on links doesn't leave any traces on your PC other than those left behind as Coockies or temp files...That only thing that might mess up with your HOSTS file is a Spy Ware /Trojan that leaves it's traces to be activated by it's virtual server in order to launch attacks on you....

Moreover,about your last question question,eventually as I mentioned not everything you click or use adds traces or servers ports/ips to the HOSTS file....however,you still can check your HOSTS file just to make sure nothing bad is stuck in there...

to get to your HOSTS file just :

Go to Drive C > Windows Dir > System32 Dir > drivers > etc > hosts then view it using notepad...
    Thanks

Retired Seal
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss2079
    Quote Originally Posted by Aurion View Post
    Well,first of all,clicking on links doesn't leave any traces on your PC other than those left behind as Coockies or temp files...That only thing that might mess up with your HOSTS file is a Spy Ware /Trojan that leaves it's traces to be activated by it's virtual server in order to launch attacks on you....

Moreover,about your last question question,eventually as I mentioned not everything you click or use adds traces or servers ports/ips to the HOSTS file....however,you still can check your HOSTS file just to make sure nothing bad is stuck in there...

to get to your HOSTS file just :

Go to Drive C > Windows Dir > System32 Dir > drivers > etc > hosts then view it using notepad...
    No. thats not what I was asking. What I was asking is, would it be prudent or wise to add those links to the hosts file??

I know about the cookie thing. I know about the spyware thing, too.

I just wanted to know if it would be smart to add those links to the Hosts file??

If that was done, then I would get an OpenDNS page page telling me that basically the page could not be found. In other words, I would not be led to that page even thought the site like TPB does really exist.

But since those are links that lead to genuine sites like TPB and others, are the links that are there in the above listed website any different than the ones that could be in the HOsts file??
    ordain them laws".

Thanks

P2P Client
    SB Invention !!
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss2899
    Quote Originally Posted by SealLion View Post
    But since those are links that lead to genuine sites like TPB and others, are the links that are there in the above listed website any different than the ones that could be in the HOsts file??
    oh,now I got ya,yeah for sure links that should be added to your HOSTS file isn't supposed to be harmful nor suspicious...in other words,you should ONLY add links manually (I won't recommend doing that all the time still) to your HOSTS file when you have something,like an application or a tool that needs a virtual server to connect thru,that requires you add a link for it to function properly,otherwise don't touch your HOSTS file at all,instead you can always check it's contents on a regular basis for any sudden changes done by appz you're using....
    Thanks

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast