Activity Longevity
    2/20 17/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss1483

Gravity

Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
    Thanks

2. Who Said Thanks:

slikrapid (07.07.13) , SealLion (05.07.13)

Retired Seal Freaky Fun Champion, Christmas Shooting Gallery Champion, Christmas Party Champion, Christmas Zombie Defence Champion, Cyberclasm Champion
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss2081
    I don't know what to say.

Seeing movies used to be like going to Disneyland or something exciting like that. Now-a-days it's gotten to be like a lot of films seem to be so bromidic. They are all of the same stock. At least most of them. What I saw in this trailer that has me make this description of this film is that it gave away the same ideas in many other films. Lower standards and more and more mediocre crap. I'ts not a personal attack on you Blocker as it is more so the film industry itself that I find to be so wearisome in providing the same themes over and over again. There's been films that I've gone to go see and the most they leave me do is have me scratch my head wondering where the character development was in that particular film I may have seen.

Things I'd like to complain about are things like bastardizing the franchises, Hollywood having become some soulless blockbuster machine, writers coming up with the same stock themes in revolvo, initial ideas for movie plots coming not from screenwriters, but from producers (basically, the people in charge of the money side of the project). The screenwriter is basically there to fill in the dialogue holes and think of clever catchphrases for example. Then you have all these mindless explosions of CGI. And then of course there is film production getting stuck somewhere in 'development hell'. Some film gets started and then for reasons the producers can't figure out why, gets lost somewhere in the netherworld. I'm talking about things like studios buying more scripts than they can make into movies. Basically what that means is that studios own a bunch of scripts that will never really see production. And the one's that do, are probably bought by another studio at a higher price which somehow enters the producer's mind that because it was bought at some outrageous price, will now have to be an outrageous movie. Having become totally unrealistic in having to occur in the real world. Fantasy meant to carry away the viewer to some point that he/she wishes something like that were real in their life. Hence, you have people around the world probably feeling empty for one reason or another because they feel a lack of some kind of substance in thier life. Kind of like many of the movies produced by Hollywood for example. Seems like film studios having some kind of influence on people's lives. Strangs isn't it??

And then there are some scipts that's made into a disguised B-movie (disguised because everyone thinks it's going to A-W-E-S-O-M-E but really isn't). Like this one here: Gravity. What' I see is that it's got shallow, in revolvo themes that you see pretty much everywhere. So many films now-a-days have no charachter development. Other things that I can mention are producers who ruin the film business. Producers just seem to sleaze investors somehow. Don't ask me how, they just do. No one want's to invest in film making. Quality film-making that is. Not sleaze film-making. That's different. Then you need someone famous to sell a movie. That's where you need a 'star'. You can't have a TV actor or mid-level actor/actres try to sell a film. Doing that will only make the entertainment industry business people scared. Remember what I mentioned earlier about who's really in charge of film production because he/she is in charge of the money side of things?? Business people have no clue what people want to see so the only thing they can latch on to is that someone famous is or has got to be in the movie. Like George Clooney in this film. In my opinion, he used to have good movies in his resume. Seems like his resume of film production is getting worse.

Well, like I said. I just don't know what to say.

Maybe this film will get best of for something.
    Last edited by SealLion; 05.07.13 at 04:53.
    "God, from the mount Sinai
    whose grey top shall tremble,
    He descending, will Himself,
    in thunder, lightning, and loud trumpet’s sound,
    ordain them laws".

John Milton (1608-1674) in Paradise Lost

Ripley's SealLion's Believe it or Not! ~ NASCAR car crashes and Windows have just one thing in common.
    Oh, oh. Better use LINUX.
    Thanks

4. Who Said Thanks:

Blocker (07.07.13) , slikrapid (07.07.13)

Advanced User
    P2P Client
    sbi finest
    Activity Longevity
    7/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 sssss2740
    @SealLion:

Hollywood having become some soulless blockbuster machine
    hollywood was probably originally/initially envisioned to become the center of usa/world movie entertainment, a huge corporate conglomerate, its size & appetites/goals causing this ever-growing 'soullessness' - comparable to any other huge/big company/corporation/trust

I'm talking about things like studios buying more scripts than they can make into movies. Basically what that means is that studios own a bunch of scripts that will never really see production.
    well, if they own the rights/scripts, they can use it, control it, profit from it,...

Seems like film studios having some kind of influence on people's lives. Strangs isn't it??
    well, not really strange since influence is omnipresent in whatever or whoever one encounters, so some of it will rub-off one way or another - the difference here is that hollywood is a large machinery, is backed up by other media constantly covering their topics, has achieved a global presence in virtually every household, is quite loud, pompous & showing off,... thus their influence is much stronger, it has a high-level impact potential regarding people's lives - no need to think twice about whether such a powerful machine is (ab)used or not by those who have the means/intention to utilize it - if i'd have to guess, i'd say it is being used to the fullest (of its current abilities)

Producers just seem to sleaze investors somehow. Don't ask me how, they just do.
    its one of their goals to corrupt societies, thus pushing (way too much) sleaze under the guise of 'realism' or 'exploring it' or 'warning about it' or 'criticizing it' - common values must be degraded/diluted in order to achieve a weak(ened) viewer backlash for inappropriate content and ultimately resulting in weak(er) citizens, passively accepting all kinds of abuse from many directions and levels

as for the investors, some surely have specific demands (larger, more influential investors), others just pay attention to the profit involved (don't care about the contents) and the like

also, sleaze sells like crazy anyways (kinda like 'forbidden fruit')

Doing that will only make the entertainment industry business people scared.
    the only thing that truly scares them is if a (very) large chunk of the viewers simply stops paying for their products (no more ample income) or even worse, if they stop watching it altogether (no more strong influence), lose interest in the accompanying material like promotion, merch, stars, gossip (no more constant presence in people's lives),... but everyone can take their own perspective and ask themselves: what are the chances of that happening...rather miniscule, no?

Business people have no clue what people want to see
    actually, they know it even better than the viewers themselves - remember, they have (the results of) expert teams to figure out what humans want, how they react, how they accept/form opinions, how to shape/influence their behavior, etc. (some of these teams are privately financed, others are normal/usual scientific ones) - however, the idea is to use this knowledge and serve a different package, shaping it in such a way that the viewers think it is what they want, the hype making it easier to embrace ('safety in numbers', conformism) - the 'famous actor' is yet another marketing tool/ace

Maybe this film will get best of for something.
    judging from the trailer, maybe it could be 'the amount of screams/aaah's/oooh's' in a SF movie hehe

Parable of the Two Birds

Two birds, beautiful of wings, close companions, cling to one common tree: of the two one eats the sweet fruit of that tree; the other eats not but watches his companion. The self is the bird that sits immersed on the common tree; but because he is not lord he is bewildered and has sorrow. But when he sees that other who is the Lord and the beloved, he knows that all is His greatness and his sorrow passes away from him...

...@ en.wikipedia.org Paramatman

Thanks

6. Who Said Thanks:

SealLion (07.07.13) , Blocker (07.07.13)

P2P Client
    Azureus
    Activity Longevity
    8/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 sssss7328
    Thanks