+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Edited movies for overall enhancement

Edited movies for overall enhancement

From time to time movies fans take bad movies and cuts the useless parts in order to make the movies enjoyable.
    As an example we have: Internet Fanedit Database - Internet Fanedit Database

Now, any ideea where these can be found? Not just one movie, but many of them. Surely there must be a place we can find these.
    If any of you know of anything, send me PM or post here.

Thanks
    Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
    Thanks

2. Who Said Thanks:

slikrapid (22.10.14)

P2P Client
    sbi finest
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss3125
    check their FAQ for the links to files or use this:

Code:
    http://fanedit.info/
    fanedits are an interesting idea but i'd say movies ought to be viewed as originally intended by the director
    also, too bad the links are rather poorly represented (little info on size/availability/comments/quality/...)
    Thanks

4. Who Said Thanks:

Master Razor (27.10.14)

but i'd say movies ought to be viewed as originally intended by the director
    The director wants to make it apealing to the general public, not true fans of series (like terminator for instance).
    I do not agree with this.

I'm affraid I made another thread that will rot on SBI.
    Thanks

P2P Client
    sbi finest
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss3125
    Quote Originally Posted by Master Razor
    The director wants to make it apealing to the general public, not true fans of series (like terminator for instance).
    sure, but such compromises cannot be avoided since fans usually aren't capable of making professionally competitive movies (financially, artistically, technically and the like) other than maybe indies
    fanedits probably have no real options other than re-editing/modifying already existing movie material with likely amateur(ish) results - any original directorial ideas/messages may get overlooked/butchered by those unaware of director's intentions
    and if it was already a bad movie, i doubt any fan-based post-processing can 'resurrect' it

caveat: haven't seen any fanedits yet, this is purely 'what i think it can be expected from these efforts'

regarding terminator, you mean parts 3,4? i thought part 2 was top-notch and part 1 very good

I'm affraid I made another thread that will rot on SBI.
    well, it takes at least one post to occasionally bump those you consider neglected (or in case new ideas or material comes to your attention/mind)

example: this thread may be used to recommend or review or discuss fanedited movies or inform sbi users of new interesting ones to check out, etc.

in the end, someone has to care about it to keep things going...
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    7/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssss39430
    Quote Originally Posted by slikrapid View Post
    regarding terminator ... i thought part 2 was top-notch and part 1 very good
    We could say the same of Alien.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."
    Thanks

P2P Client
    sbi finest
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss3125
    Quote Originally Posted by anon
    We could say the same of Alien.
    i'd say that alien parts 3,4 were perhaps not on the level of earlier ones but they were still very enjoyable/entertaining, which gives them extra points in my book
    Thanks

Alien is my favorite movie of all time and is part of my childhood.
    3,4 were perhaps not on the level of earlier ones but they were still very enjoyable/entertaining, which gives them extra points in my book
    The story in 3 and 4 a bit streched as no way, in real life could it had happened that way. It is just like all chuck norris movies: 10.000 men against 1 and he still survives...
    Thanks

P2P Client
    sbi finest
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss3125
    It is just like all chuck norris movies: 10.000 men against 1 and he still survives...
    c'mon, its nowhere near that (clunky) norris stuff - on the other hand rambo does a similar thing in a much more enjoyable way
    besides, the point of these movies is to depict a 'one-man army' show as good as they can (incl. as believable as it can get)
    Thanks

But, slik, it is not real. Impossible to do in real life.
    If I wanted a cartoon, i would've watched that. I like movies that do not stray far from reality, whatever it might be.

Take the series fast and furious, the latest one; you cannot argue that the scene with the two cars pulling that airplane is possible.
    Last edited by Master Razor; 28.10.14 at 20:45.
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    7/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssss39430
    Quote Originally Posted by slikrapid View Post
    c'mon, its nowhere near that (clunky) norris stuff - on the other hand rambo does a similar thing in a much more enjoyable way
    As did John McLane, until they fuckered the concept in Die Hard 3 and above.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."
    Thanks

P2P Client
    sbi finest
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss3125
    it is not real. Impossible to do in real life... I like movies that do not stray far from reality, whatever it might be.
    Take the series fast and furious
    (pretty much) impossible IRL: that many (photo)models participating in fast & furious street races, being cool criminals with hearts of gold, easily eluding law enforcement or even working with them in major drug-related busts, doing crazy stunts, handling weapons/gunfights or other hardcore criminals as if this was a piece of cake kind of thing?
    or should we talk selected scenarios only?
    or should we talk selected scenes only?
    or should we talk selected characters only?

any one of these can be problematic when claiming it would be possible to happen IRL, thus gotta cut them some slack on believability (less when the moviemakers get real lazy with their solutions or while trying to pass it as a serious/competent movie)

also, aside from such deviations, reality in SF movies is heavily made of wishful thinking regarding the future, which may stray very far from whats realistic or really possible

Quote Originally Posted by anon
    until they fuckered the concept in Die Hard 3
    however, i'd still count that one as a very good movie
    Thanks

+ Reply to Thread